Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was the most enjoyable Petersen-coached UW game for you?

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club

What was the most enjoyable Petersen-coached UW game for you? 83 votes

2015 @ No. 17 USC - Gaskin, SMFJ breakout game and UW kicks Sark in the teeth. Sark is fired within a week
13%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverHouhuskyThomasFremontgreenbloodhaiespudenBasemanQuietcowskeetheknowledgeFireCohenLesGrossman 11 votes
2016 vs No. 7 Stanford - Obliteration of the conference bully 44-6, changing of guard in P12N, Husky Stadium comes alive for the first time in sixteen years
36%
SwayeLoneStarDawgUWhuskytskeetGladstonedncExtraChrisBchuckdfleaGrundleStiltzkinAlexisGreenRiverGatorzdoogvilleHuskyClawsMiley_CyrusWilliams3NEsnake12Ice_Holmvikjhfstyle24fouchpotatoNeighbor2972 30 votes
2016 @ Oregon - The streak ends in the most satisfying way possible. 70 points most ever scored in Autzen by an opponent.
27%
Fire_Marshall_BillHuskyJWMad_SonHoustonHuskyTTJThe_UndertakerDoogieMcDoogersonbiak1huskyhooliganSonnyShackelfordjarlsbergrayguntroutfarmYellowSnowEl_KBleachedAnusDawgFear_BonerMontlakeBridgeTrollArcdirtysouwfdawgEmoterman 23 votes
2016 @ No. 13 Utah - College Gameday, thrilling road win capped by Pettis PR heroics in the waning moments
0%
2016 @ No. 23 WSU - Winner takes the P12N, everything to play for, absolute destruction. 28-0 after 1Q
3%
PostGameOrangeSlicesRoadDawg55AtomicDawg 3 votes
2016 P12 Championship Game vs No. 9 Colorado - Beatdown with dominant D, running game. First P12 ship since 2000.
2%
TommySQCwhlinder 2 votes
2017 vs No. 14 WSU - A complete slaughter in the rain, running at will on O with Vita living in their backfield on D
1%
BaldwinIV 1 vote
2018 @ No. 7 WSU - P12N title on the line. Snow. Minshew tears. Gaskin cementing his legacy.
4%
DerekJohnsonMikeDamoneDoog_de_JourEastCoastDoog 4 votes
2018 P12 Championship Game vs No. 17 Utah - Thrilling defense, Murphy Jr. plays overcome horrifying Browning performance
1%
PurpleThrobber 1 vote
Other // Write-in // Non-UW fan
9%
PurpleBazeDooglesBayDawgLebamDawgPitchfork5189uterustysavageHustlinOwl 8 votes

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2016 vs No. 7 Stanford - Obliteration of the conference bully 44-6, changing of guard in P12N, Husky Stadium comes alive for the first time in sixteen years
    Stanford is easily the choice for me here. The other games were great and all, but Stanford was the statement that the Huskies didn't suck anymore.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2017 vs No. 14 WSU - A complete slaughter in the rain, running at will on O with Vita living in their backfield on D
    goat poll

goat pollster
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    As others have said, a blowout was not expected, and the first time in the “House that Sark Built” that was a packed house that stayed packed for the whole game. I could be wrong on this because I was fairly loaded by the 2nd half, but it is what I remember, and it makes me happy. Added bonus for pounding the “we’re smarter than you” smirk off of David Shaw’s face.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    ...aaaand, the first time I dared to think, “We (?) are BACK.”
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Arizona should have fired Petersen at midfield
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2012 Las Vegas Bowl
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    2017 asu

Browning ftw
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020
    The one and only peterman game I attended and the week we rolled out the $100 “make the huskies great again” hats

TMFMS
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    100% the Stanford game. I'm not an old timer, so I had never been at HS and seen that level of electricity.

I also haven't seen it get like that since, which sucks. But it was gratifying to at least know that we were capable of that kind of atmosphere again after a couple decades of dormancy and seemingly sealing our irrelevancy.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2019 Vegas Bowl

Gtfo
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    BayDawg said:

I think '17 vs UCLA. Completely ran the ball down their throat. Threw 10 passes. Petersen dedicated the game to Don James. Runaway winner for me.

Underrated, we? also made a California 5* QB quit at halftime.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2018 @ No. 7 WSU - P12N title on the line. Snow. Minshew tears. Gaskin cementing his legacy.

USC should give sark a second chance.

For the gifs

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2015 @ No. 17 USC - Gaskin, SMFJ breakout game and UW kicks Sark in the teeth. Sark is fired within a week
    This game just had a lot of juice. The old Sark guys wanted to shove their fists up Sarks ass, Sark was all hung over and fired up and Pete was extra intense. Wasn't this the game that Pete stared down littleton? Watched it on TV at a bar after work. USC, as usual, was loaded with talent and at this point in Pete's tenure the Huskies just weren't very good yet. It could be argued that it was the only time that he beat a clearly more talented team and on the road and Cutty Sark. LOL. Also at this point I was unable to admit that Petes offense was awful, Miley Cyrus and a true freshman QB, so ignorance was truly bliss.