Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gov. Newsom sued over coronavirus aid plan for California immigrants who lack legal status

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,402
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    A governor of a state is going to take 75 million tax dollars and spend it on foreigners. A majority who pay nothing into the system and as a group are already a huge drain on the system. Californians have a right to be pissed.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

A governor of a state is going to take 75 million tax dollars and spend it on foreigners. A majority who pay nothing into the system and as a group are already a huge drain on the system. Californians have a right to be pissed.

If you bothered to look at the numbers (lol yeah right) you'd see that illegal immigrants are a net gain for government resources. They contribute more than they take in.

Now that doesn't mean that CA further sinking into debt to give a hand out to them is sound policy, so don't twist.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

If you bothered to look at the numbers (lol yeah right) you'd see that illegal immigrants are a net gain for government resources. They contribute more than they take in.

Now that doesn't mean that CA further sinking into debt to give a hand out to them is sound policy, so don't twist.
    Once again I have to imagine this is one of those totally misleading stats that takes absolutely zero context into account.

• Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

California has a 7.25% sales tax so I would say almost all of them pay into the system. Once again Alt lies.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

California has a 7.25% sales tax so I would say almost all of them pay into the system. Once again Alt lies.
    And I'd say not of dime of those taxes cover money coming from the Federal government. Nice work dumbfuck.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Once again I have to imagine this is one of those totally misleading stats that takes absolutely zero context into account.

There's no way it's true.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

SFGbob said:

And I'd say not of dime of those taxes cover money coming from the Federal government. Nice work dumbfuck.
    And I'd say some of that money goes into building a road or paying a government official who pays some of that in Federal taxes so fuck off.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020

The problem with this is there are just as many studies that show illegals as a drain, as there are that show them as a net addition. It all depends on the political philosophy of the author it appears.

edit: I looked at this via the googlebots for 10 minutes, so if there exists a true fair impartial (our government is not fair nor impartial) study bu a neutral party I'd be interested in seeing their conclusions.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Once again the leftard lie. There are some studies which indicate that all immigration is a net gain to the economy. That a legal immigrant Nigerian surgeon would add more to the economy than a illegal family of six that is on Section 8 housing, four kids in public school, medicaid, and foodstamps. Illegal immigration is a net loser. Why do leftards go crazy when you try to pry illegal immigrants out of welfare programs? If they are doing so well, they shouldn't need welfare.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Grant County attorney is taking any and all defendants who may be arrested because of Benito's unconstitutional infringements on their rights.

Inslee best not cross east of the Columbia River any time soon.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    edited April 2020

See that part.

That's a problem.

By your logic, the Cartels' meth and heroin dealers are putting money into the economy, too....so, hey, go for it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

The problem with this is there are just as many studies that show illegals as a drain, as there are that show them as a net addition. It all depends on the political philosophy of the author it appears.

edit: I looked at this via the googlebots for 10 minutes, so if there exists a true fair impartial (our government is not fair nor impartial) study bu a neutral party I'd be interested in seeing their conclusions.
    Cheaper labor —> greater profits —> higher taxes
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

And I'd say some of that money goes into building a road or paying a government official who pays some of that in Federal taxes so fuck off.
    And you'd be talking out your ass as usual. This is money coming from the Federal government. You being a dumbfuck think that because they pay a state sales tax that somehow covers money coming from Federal taxes.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

Cheaper labor —> greater profits —> higher taxes
    Eh but by that measure the whole point of the left claiming this (which is empathy and compassion) is invalid because they don't care if it screws over citizens
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

See that part.

That's a problem.

By your logic, the Cartels' meth and heroin dealers are putting money into the economy, too....so, hey, go for it.
    You're correct, that was an oversight on my part. While immigrants as a whole are a net fiscal benefit, illegal immigrants are undoubtedly a drain. That was a moment of fucktardedness for me to conflate the two. Must have been all that chloroquine I've been chugging.

A mea culpa to @Bendintheriver (that hurts to type)
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,026

Years ago, long before Kali went sanctuary, the cost of illegals to the state of Kali was 5 billion a year. It's probably double that now.

They suck the whole system dry. That's a fact Jack!