Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Pretty clear Jimmy realized that recruiting Texas was a big waste of tim.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    "Coach (Derham) Cato is the coach that's recruiting me for them and he's the one that offered me," King told Dawgman.com recently. "Their offer really stood out to me because, before we really talked, he and I were on Facetime together, but before we really talked, he said he wanted to talk to my parents. He said it was more about getting to know me as a person and my parents were a big part of that, so after he talked with them, then we talked and he said he was offering me.

"I know that six out of the last seven years, they've had tight ends go to the (NFL) and they use their tight ends a lot. I also know they are a strong program and they have some new coaches there, so it's kinda exciting to me to get an offer from them."

In addition to his offer from Washington, King also has full rides from Texas, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, Purdue, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Tulane and Virginia Tech and while he has offers from two in-state programs, at least at this early juncture in the recruiting process, the Huskies are in rarefied air.

"I'd say they are right up there with Texas and Texas Tech right now," King noted. "Those three are the three schools standing out for me right now.

"A big reason (Texas and Texas Tech) are favorites for me is because I've visited there, so I want to get out and see Washington and see what the school has to offer and what the coaches are like and what it's like up there. I've never been up there, so we're heading up there on March 26th to see things for ourselves."

He's also planning a trip to see Virginia Tech and a few other schools in March as well.

As a junior this past season, King helped lead his team to a 12-2 record and a berth in the 6A State Quarterfinals, before losing to the eventual state champions, by hauling in 53 catches for 815 yards and nine touchdowns.

"I'd say the biggest thing that I bring to the field is my versatility," King said modestly. "I will do whatever I can to help my team. Sometimes that is lining up as a wide receiver, sometimes that is lining up as a tight end, sometimes that's me coming out of the backfield, so I can do it all. I also just love to compete."

King said he expects to make his decision in the summer, so he can focus on his senior season.

"I want to have my decision made by the time I start my senior season because I'm taking an extra class right now so I can graduate in December," King said. "Once I make that decision on where I will be going to school, I will be able to focus on things and getting ready to leave."

So what is he looking for from the school he winds up attending?

"Obviously the education is a big thing," King said. "You have to plan for life after football, so education is going to be big for me, but, as far as football, I am looking for a place I fit in and have a good relationship with the coaches and players. I have some great options as far as football is concerned, so it's really going to be about my relationships and the education."
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020
    Ektard:

“He's set up an unofficial visit to Seattle for March 26th and said distance will not be a factor, interupting me when he figured out what I was going to ask..."no, no, no...I will go anywhere...distance doesn't matter at all". “
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    will his dad fly
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

will his dad fly

How important are academis?
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I may be the only one to find this interesting, but this kid has been very quick to like all of the recent commit tweets. Not really doing the same for any other schools either.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Highly doubt he leaves Texas. It’s basically between Texas and Texas A&M
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Highly doubt he leaves Texas. It’s basically between Texas and Texas A&M

what? you doubt our new te coach