Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scott Morrison lobbies Donald Trump, others for greater oversight to prevent another pandemic

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    So, Australia is keen to ensure the lessons from the COVID-19 outbreak are not forgotten, especially the WHO's late declaration of the coronavirus pandemic. The lesson is apparently is to rename WHO and then carry on pretending that an NGO will be able to deal with the chicoms. What a pile of ignorant sh*t. We all should have a 20% new Wuhan Flu tariff that will stay in place for 10 years or until the next chicom pandemic then it's extended for another ten years. The fact that China allowed their wet markets to reopen shows how serious they are about changing anything that they do.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison is seeking to build an international coalition to give the World Health Organisation (WHO) — or another body — powers equivalent to those of a weapons inspector to avoid another catastrophic pandemic.

Key points:
    The leaders of the US, Germany and France are understood to be open to the idea
    Mr Morrison is pushing for a body with inspection powers to monitor disease outbreaks
    The Australian Government is unsure if the WHO is the best option, as each of the 194 member states have veto power over reforms
    Mr Morrison has pitched the proposal to several world leaders in recent days, including United States President Donald Trump, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron.

Australia is keen to ensure the lessons from the COVID-19 outbreak are not forgotten, especially the WHO's late declaration of the coronavirus pandemic.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    No, I don’t want an unelected foreign body to track me down, interview me and order me to comply with commands.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As if the CCP is going to comply with a toothless UN entity that they can just bribe anyways.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It still amazes me that most people don’t understand what China has been trying to accomplish for the last 75 years. It’s like ignoring their ethos is more convenient than acknowledging the fact that they will be at our gates very soon if we don’t fucking do something about it.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072