Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam "Boston Lager" Adams, 4* 2020 RB, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

FWIW - the confirmation of Adams' involvement means every single piece of info was correct, outside of the obvious one.

So, either the info was right about literally everything (date, names, place, details) except for that ONE tidbit, or that tidbit was also correct along w everything else and for various reasons they've missed it (i.e. they don't know how tech works).

Let's hope it's the former. Seriously. Rooting for a kid to be involved in this for any reason is fucked.

I fully believe that IF that last tidbit was accurate, it’ll come out if the other players suffer consequences
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I’m guessing Washington will have to tell him to hit the ol’ dusty trail. Don’t really have a choice. Oregon did it to Dotson and Artis for a less egregious offense. After the NCAA tournament, of course. And it cost them a few mil in settlements and legal fees.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Question--If he was in the truck bed but didn't take part in the action, do you still dismiss him?

No
  • Options

Well that sucks. Couch sale time.

Also shout out to Geoff Baker's integrity. "The Times won't name the minors accused in this story", then at the end of the article "the two unnamed EC players are signed to Cal and Washington." Next time just outright name them dipshit.

On the surface it’s a pansy ass move when anyone can just look it up in seconds. But word probably came from counsel to not name names.

It has been interesting on twitter to see all the brand new accounts out there defending a particular recruit who was planning on attending a prestigious west coast school #HeToo #GirlsAlsoLie makes me think someone’s mom has too much time on her hands.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Also shout out to Geoff Baker's integrity. "The Times won't name the minors accused in this story", then at the end of the article "the two unnamed EC players are signed to Cal and Washington." Next time just outright name them dipshit.

I mean King5 already said three remaining students have football scholarships to prestigious universities and then ruled out Gee Scott.

But yeah at least that required a bare minimum of knowledge or googling to figure out.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

FWIW - the confirmation of Adams' involvement means every single piece of info was correct, outside of the obvious one.

So, either the info was right about literally everything (date, names, place, details) except for that ONE tidbit, or that tidbit was also correct along w everything else and for various reasons they've missed it (i.e. they don't know how tech works).

Let's hope it's the former. Seriously. Rooting for a kid to be involved in this for any reason is fucked.

I felt the same about Gee Jr. Nothing good comes from this and it solves nothing.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Lost in this On the football side is how fucking stupid is kB to pin our running back class on an athlete where this could blow up. This would not have been hard to find out those involved as a local school.

• Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    I mean was he reaching thru the back window to get in on the action?

If not and if the window was closed then I'm not sure what he was supposed to do.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If not and if the window was closed then I'm not sure what he was supposed to do.

My understanding is that the action was in the truck bed. As was Adams.
  • Options
    dnc said:

My understanding is that the action was in the truck bed. As was Adams.
    The article makes it seem he was in the truck bed and his hog partook in the rush to the trough. Hector and a kid from a different school were the ones in the cab.

From a logistical view, how do you have five kids in the bed of a moving pick-up? Pick-up beds are dangerous to football players, just ask Chris Henry.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Saw him working out at a field the other day with a few other guys obvi not staying home but he looks skinny to me
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Saw him working out at a field the other day with a few other guys obvi not staying home but he looks skinny to me

Maybe lost all that weight looking to move close to home
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

That was some bitch ass shit. Either they are minors and it's hands off, or name them. Don;t put everyone in a fucked up awkward situation with your little passive aggressive gay shit. What a fag. Anyone with a name like Geoff seems like a fag anyway. It's Jeff, loser.
    He’s always been a little bitch.

#SaltyMsFan
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    Swaye said:

That was some bitch ass shit. Either they are minors and it's hands off, or name them. Don;t put everyone in a fucked up awkward situation with your little passive aggressive gay shit. What a fag. Anyone with a name like Geoff seems like a fag anyway. It's Jeff, loser.
    Wow POTY in my mind!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IDK about him as a regular RB that gets double digit carries per game. I love him as an offensive recruit overall though. Hes fast and shifty enough to make the most of a few scattered carries, but the threat of him coming out of the backfield as a tall receiver, with the army of 6'2"+ receivers surrounding him, gets me excited.

Swaye said:

Wow POTY in my mind!
    It's not in your mind (though Swaye may be using magical native powers to reach into your mind and steal the secret location of your women and children). He actually posted this on the board though, so we all see it.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

IDK about him as a regular RB that gets double digit carries per game. I love him as an offensive recruit overall though. Hes fast and shifty enough to make the most of a few scattered carries, but the threat of him coming out of the backfield as a tall receiver, with the army of 6'2"+ receivers surrounding him, gets me excited.

Swaye said:

Wow POTY in my mind!
    It's not in your mind (though Swaye may be using magical native powers to reach into your mind and steal the secret location of your women and children). He actually posted this on the board though, so we all see it.
    I just love it when I quote and reply and it dredges up some aborted post from about a year ago and includes it.