Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump's coronavirus self-protection plan: Spread responsibility to the states

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

New York isn't North Dakota. Let them decide. Upstate NY isn't NYC. Let Fredo II phuck over the Catskills.

Get your talking points in order. Younger Cuomo is the Fredo.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Geezus. Fredo I. Then Fredo II. I make talking points. Thank you for participating. Go get your hug and ribbon. One of the more intelligent and inventive Tug commentators suggested Fredo the Elder. Let me know which one you prefer. I always try to be suitably PC.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Geezus. Fredo I. Then Fredo II. I make talking points. Thank you for participating. Go get your hug and ribbon. One of the more intelligent and inventive Tug commentators suggested Fredo the Elder. Let me know which one you prefer. I always try to be suitably PC.

Your unfamiliarity with the source material is disappointing
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Your unfamiliarity with my point remains.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

New York isn't North Dakota. Let them decide. Upstate NY isn't NYC. Let Fredo II phuck over the Catskills.

All Italians browns are the same to me
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

All Italians browns are the same to me
    Them too
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,340
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Typical. It really doesn't matter what Trump says or does, the hate filled rats will bitch. Anyone who doesn't think it should be in the states laps is a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Typical. It really doesn't matter what Trump says or does, the hate filled rats will bitch. Anyone who doesn't think it should be in the states laps is a fucking idiot.
    It should actually go more local than that. County by County.

Washington is a prime example of that. NOGAF outside of King County.

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It’s the states responsibility anyway. If they need help, they call the feds and ask for money. This isn’t anything new.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Then it isn't the states' responsibility. Should be. The feds should regulate interstate commerce. Funding grandma's hip replacement isn't the feds responsibility. Paying for Bill Gates's father's meds isn't.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I’m confused

The left wanted Trump to lockdown the nation giving states (primarily red ones) no choice in the matter

Now that Trump has established guidelines for states to open back up he’s being viewed as a bully and not respecting state’s rights

I haven’t looked at the numbers so this is off the cuff, but I suspect the areas/states where Trump’s inciting comments were directed yesterday are states that are close to being able to enter Phase I and have governors that are being draconian in their restrictions and motives potentially questionable

It’s a dangerous game for the left to play ... but there’s a greater than 0 chance that the left leaning state governors are going to milk these shutdowns as long as possible to hinder the economy returning and using that as a talking point against Trump in November.

I’m sure the leadership capabilities of people like Kate Brown and Jay Inslee will be on full display, come October.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    Tequilla said:

I’m confused

The left wanted Trump to lockdown the nation giving states (primarily red ones) no choice in the matter

Now that Trump has established guidelines for states to open back up he’s being viewed as a bully and not respecting state’s rights

I haven’t looked at the numbers so this is off the cuff, but I suspect the areas/states where Trump’s inciting comments were directed yesterday are states that are close to being able to enter Phase I and have governors that are being draconian in their restrictions and motives potentially questionable

It’s a dangerous game for the left to play ... but there’s a greater than 0 chance that the left leaning state governors are going to milk these shutdowns as long as possible to hinder the economy returning and using that as a talking point against Trump in November.

Just watched a massive fishing protest live from Richland. Several hundred people in all sorts of boats chanting “Let us fish”

Would have loved to see some Karens on the shore trying to SJW the camo-wearing crowd. Maybe they can only pull that off in the comforts of King County.

Inslee is an absolute fucking idiot if he thinks he can treat people like four year olds. The jig is up.

Political career ended by banning fishing. Dems gonna Dem. Classic.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,963
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

It’s the states responsibility anyway. If they need help, they call the feds and ask for money. This isn’t anything new.

Yep. States that are closed are going to be looking for more unemployment money. Feds response should be to first let people go back to work and we can then talk about money if it’s still needed.
    Tequilla said:

I’m confused

You’re confused because it’s confusing yet a predictable response from the left.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,845
    People starting to show up armed for protests. Tempers and patience getting short all over the country. I guess Americans like freedom after all.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

It should actually go more local than that. County by County.

Washington is a prime example of that. NOGAF outside of King County.

But they need more testing in Adams County!!!!!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750

https://youtu.be/8_5zWIwDjGM
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I’m confused

Just watched a massive fishing protest live from Richland. Several hundred people in all sorts of boats chanting “Let us fish”

Would have loved to see some Karens on the shore trying to SJW the camo-wearing crowd. Maybe they can only pull that off in the comforts of King County.

Inslee is an absolute fucking idiot if he thinks he can treat people like four year olds. The jig is up.

Political career ended by banning fishing. Dems gonna Dem. Classic.
    when it comes to the election in November - Washington State will be just as red, if not more red, when it is over.

All screw ups this year will be blamed on Trump and King, Pierce, Snohomish, Whatcom counties will carry the Dems to victory.

This state - hell the west coast, is doomed.