Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Yorkers Filed for Unemployment Last Month. They Haven't Seen a Dime.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Unemployment was 3.5 percent six weeks ago. Tens of thousands apply and the rickety government websites and call centers can't handle it. Nobody saw this coming.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Core functions are starved. But plenty of money for free sh*t.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    JFC, this beyond sad.

Why on Earth are they doing this? What’s wrong with depositing unemployment benefits in people’s bank accounts?

“But the state instead told her that the money had been deposited on a state-issued debit card, which she never received. She cannot get anyone on the phone to find out where it is.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought Cuomo was doing a great job. Everyone said so.

Heck of a job Brownie
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    Standard Supporter
    Some people don't have bank accounts and some people applied and didn't give a routing number. States used to send checks but some now like to send ATM cards which can be used like credit cards. When the government checks and debit cards go out lots of breakins of mail facilities. Not a violent crime worthy of prosecution according to leftards.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Some people don't have bank accounts and some people applied and didn't give a routing number. States used to send checks but some now like to send ATM cards which can be used like credit cards. When the government checks and debit cards go out lots of breakins of mail facilities. Not a violent crime worthy of prosecution according to leftards.

Ah. That makes sense.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,967
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What prevents people from getting a bank account? Environmental racism?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Mark Cuban had a great idea.

If you don’t have a checking account, open one. Write a $1,200 check and deposit it into your account. Federal Reserve guarantees the check to the bank. Delays? Gone. Liquidity? Instant. Who? Everyone. Bureaucracy? none.
    Work out the “fairness” issues with the tax code.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wait until 2 weeks from now. Suddenly the trust the Government folks will be Tug regulars.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is bullshit. My address and banking info have changed since the last tax return. I see people I know getting $1200 but I haven’t gotten mine because of the changes and the site sucks and basically just tells me to be patient. It’s not the end of the world, but I did want the money.

This is bullshit. My address and banking info have changed since the last tax return. I see people I know getting $1200 but I haven’t gotten mine because of the changes and the site sucks and basically just tells me to be patient. It’s not the end of the world, but I did want the money.
    You’re poor?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

JFC, this beyond sad.

Why on Earth are they doing this? What’s wrong with depositing unemployment benefits in people’s bank accounts?

“But the state instead told her that the money had been deposited on a state-issued debit card, which she never received. She cannot get anyone on the phone to find out where it is.

My buddy applied a few weeks ago. He got the debit card, but it took a long time. He says it's a clusterfuck. All to flatten the curve....hero politicians!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I don't get any stimulus. Turns out Orkin pays too well. #bugflex
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    that and, you’re a new dad