Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TV Final Four

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Pretty damn legit. You could make a legit case for all four. Deadwood. Sopranos. Seinfeld. South Park. All four excellent. In my perfect world I would have had Arrested Development in place of Seinfeld, and the showrunners for GoT wouldn't have been complete douchbags and that would have won the whole damn thing. But any of these four finalists are good chit. But if Deadwood isn't going to win, South Park should.

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,327
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To me, there's such a huge gap between any other show in this tournament--and history--and South Park. The rest are fighting over second. AD should have been final four, that was unfortunate seeding.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I want Seinfeld to win just to piss off Pup.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I thought that was the reason for the whole seinfeld thing

People actually like it?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,647
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Breaking bad should be in the final 4. Other than that, yes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Family Guy not being in there was wrong. Not sure it should have won, but King of the Hill is horrible compared to Family Guy. Family Guy is maybe even more consistently funny than South Park, but doesn’t have the same peak.

Whoever said South Park has been good for 23 years is stretching it. The show was best when it was grounded in some reality. All the celebrity stuff and really far out there plots have always lessened the show IMO.

You think Family Guy is more consistently funny than South Park but don't like far out plots?...
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,077
    Swaye's Wigwam

Family Guy not being in there was wrong. Not sure it should have won, but King of the Hill is horrible compared to Family Guy. Family Guy is maybe even more consistently funny than South Park, but doesn’t have the same peak.

Whoever said South Park has been good for 23 years is stretching it. The show was best when it was grounded in some reality. All the celebrity stuff and really far out there plots have always lessened the show IMO.

I love Family Guy. It just didn’t get much support when I did the initial market research.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

Potentially unpopular opinion, but I don’t think Pup cares.

He’s forgotten about us? and run back to Dawgman.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

You think Family Guy is more consistently funny than South Park but don't like far out plots?...
    Fair point, but they are different. The South Park episodes making fun of Fmaily Guy are great btw.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,971
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

People actually like it?
    Almost everyone likes Seinfeld. It’s funny, easy watching. I like Curb quite a bit better because it doesn’t have the network tv restrictions, but Seinfeld is definitely one of the greatest sitcoms ever.
    The number of phrases originating in Seinfeld that have worked their way into our? everyday language is pretty amazing:

Shrinkage
    Double dipper
    Man hands
    Master of your domain
    No soup for you
    Yadda yadda yadda
    They're real and they're spectacular

Bunches more. I could probably name a couple from South Park or Curb that 'might' come up in everyday conversation. But the audience for Seinfeld was MASSIVE and crossed all age groups. Those will be around until @RaceBannon people in the 20's and 30's die off.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

People actually like it?
    Almost everyone likes Seinfeld. It’s funny, easy watching. I like Curb quite a bit better because it doesn’t have the network tv restrictions, but Seinfeld is definitely one of the greatest sitcoms ever.
    The number of phrases originating in Seinfeld that have worked their way into our? everyday language is pretty amazing:

Shrinkage
    Double dipper
    Man hands
    Master of your domain
    No soup for you
    Yadda yadda yadda

Bunches more. I could probably name a couple from South Park or Curb that 'might' come up in everyday conversation. But the audience for Seinfeld was MASSIVE and crossed all age groups. Those will be around until @RaceBannon people in the 20's and 30's die off.

Dude. You're The Throbber. "Joobs" is a South Park gem used on this forum just earlier today!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,971
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

People actually like it?

Shrinkage
    Double dipper
    Man hands
    Master of your domain
    No soup for you
    Yadda yadda yadda

Dude. You're The Throbber. "Joobs" is a South Park gem used on this forum just earlier today!
    Joobs pre-dates South Park, fren.

Some nice joobs coming off Mercer Island in the early 80's.

• Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2020
    Invalid. Married with Children didn’t even make the field. The episode of Al taking a literal vacation on the couch is one of the greatest sitcom episodes of all time.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

Family Guy is dogshit and was rightfully ommited from the tournament.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,647
    Swaye's Wigwam

Family Guy is dogshit and was rightfully ommited from the tournament.
    Mostly agree but not when Peter fights the chicken though. Five or six seasons of just that could have propelled Family Guy into the big dance.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607

There's nothing unpopular about him running to doogman with his tail between his legs
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

There's nothing unpopular about him running to doogman with his tail between his legs
    Amen.

Good riddance to that dried up old dick licker.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Married with Children was a clear miss. Barely legal hotties making regular appearances. Some of the best insults in television history. Polk high, no ma'am.