Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Latest from CNN...

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/politics/trump-coronavirus-defense-fauci/index.html

President Donald Trump lashed out at criticism of his handling of the coronavirus crisis during a grievance-fueled appearance from the White House that featured a propaganda-like video he said was produced by his aides.

The appearance only affirmed the impression that some of Trump's chief concerns amid the global public health disaster are how his performance is viewed in the media and whether he's being fairly judged.

Having watched the conference, let explain. He played a very poorly produced video put together by his staff that included 1/2 a dozen media clips saying he was a racist, xenophobic person for shutting China out. The clip went on with some more clips showing the media saying he was overreacting and this wasn't worse than the flu, then he played clips from governors saying he did has been doing a good job - both dems and repubs.

"Lashed out" - yep, they deserved it.
"Grievance-fueled" - yep, they earned it.
"Propaganda-like" -- if the media's own statements are propaganda, then ok.

Further, his concern seemed to be that the american people are being lied to by the media...

Can somebody please sue these fuckers? Lots of people watch/visit CNN, legitimately. I read it to see what they are lying about today.

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/politics/trump-coronavirus-defense-fauci/index.html

President Donald Trump lashed out at criticism of his handling of the coronavirus crisis during a grievance-fueled appearance from the White House that featured a propaganda-like video he said was produced by his aides.

The appearance only affirmed the impression that some of Trump's chief concerns amid the global public health disaster are how his performance is viewed in the media and whether he's being fairly judged.

Having watched the conference, let explain. He played a very poorly produced video put together by his staff that included 1/2 a dozen media clips saying he was a racist, xenophobic person for shutting China out. The clip went on with some more clips showing the media saying he was overreacting and this wasn't worse than the flu, then he played clips from governors saying he did has been doing a good job - both dems and repubs.

"Lashed out" - yep, they deserved it.
    "Grievance-fueled" - yep, they earned it.
    "Propaganda-like" -- if the media's own statements are propaganda, then ok.

Further, his concern seemed to be that the american people are being lied to by the media...

Can somebody please sue these fuckers? Lots of people watch/visit CNN, legitimately. I read it to see what they are lying about today.

The video also skipped the entire month of February minus a mention of Pence at the very end of the month. He clearly was unhinged and is bothered by people’s perception of how his administration is handling the pandemic. It played as something you’d see at a rally as opposed to a daily briefing on pandemic mitigation efforts.

In the end, it won’t tip the needle either way. The media will never give him the credit he thinks is due so why look as silly as he did?
  • Options
    So you don't see a problem with CNN and the rest of the media's lies? What if it was your guy? Would that be ok?
  • Options
    edited April 2020

So you don't see a problem with CNN and the rest of the media's lies? What if it was your guy? Would that be ok?

I take issue with the skew of mainstream media platforms like CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc, but I think they’ve addressed the steps his administration has taken while touching on things he could have done better or sooner. Naturally one will focus on the missteps and others will focus on his accomplishments. Whether or not people believe the source-based stories saying he dismissed COVID or minimized it is up to them. I generally think the NYT is reliable, but that’s me.

Him swinging the “total authority” sword probably isn’t the best methodology to make communities feel safe.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,957
    MelloDawg said:

I take issue with the skew of mainstream media platforms like CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc, but I think they’ve addressed the steps his administration has taken while touching on things he could have done better or sooner. Naturally one will focus on the missteps and others will focus on his accomplishments. Whether or not people believe the source-based stories saying he dismissed COVID or minimized it is up to them. I generally think the NYT is reliable, but that’s me.

Him swinging the “total authority” sword probably isn’t the best methodology to make communities feel safe.
    That's absurd, quite honestly.

Anyone who thinks a sole news source is 'reliable' is kidding themselves.

Trust but verify.

• Options
    edited April 2020

MelloDawg said:

That's absurd, quite honestly.

Anyone who thinks a sole news source is 'reliable' is kidding themselves.

Trust but verify.

I agree. It’s like people who solely watch FOX News or MSNBC. That said, I follow more than the NYT. I mean, I could list all of them I suppose if we want to keep boner killing going.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump's sword is nothing compared to the nazi governors

Told you when Trump starts getting blamed for over reaching the gig is up

Open the shit up. Get the fuck out of the way governors
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    MelloDawg said:

So you didn't actually watch it, then?

And some good screen grabs of their coverage:
  • Options
    DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    He's a pussy and he brought this on himself.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How dare anybody point out how infantile Trump is.

It just isn't fair!

• Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    That “presser” was a complete fucking abortion. CNN like them all pushes the sensationalist bullshit to try and keep eyeballs but in this case they were spot on.
  • Options
    Hey @GDS What isn't factually correct in the video? Just curious.

I'm just talking about the video.

It's got to be very frustrating for Trump and his team to deal with these idiots day in and day out. They aren't journalists.

Any guesses on what the next Dem inquisition will be leading up to the election once the CV19 stuff starts to fade?

Tax Returns?
    Trump's Businesses?
    So more ladies step forward?

What's it going to be?
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    edited April 2020

How dare anybody point out how infantile Trump is.

It just isn't fair!

Ozone..TDS. and his boat plane.
    Da moan.

Small dick syndrome.

Trying to compensate by being an online hero to idiots.

'Nuff said.
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

So you didn't actually watch it, then?

And some good screen grabs of their coverage:
    I watched it. My opinion is that a national presser to update the country on the pandemic response shouldn’t have a video what that kind of messaging and tone. Others say it’s Trump being Trump, bucking tradition.

The guy running the CNN chyron went a little nuts, sure.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People have larger concerns these days than a kick ass presser thanks to the Nazi Governors

Like food and shelter and a job.

But I'm sure this one is the one