Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

German COVID Study

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
https://reason.com/2020/04/09/preliminary-german-study-shows-a-covid-19-infection-fatality-rate-of-about-0-4-percent/

Obviously need to confirm this with some wide ranging testing ... but fairly encouraging that 15% of people have had the virus and the mortality rate is 0.4% ... about 2-4x more than that of the typical annual flu depending on severity

Until the world gets its act together and tries to actually understand the denominators this whole thing is FUBAR

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

https://reason.com/2020/04/09/preliminary-german-study-shows-a-covid-19-infection-fatality-rate-of-about-0-4-percent/

Obviously need to confirm this with some wide ranging testing ... but fairly encouraging that 15% of people have had the virus and the mortality rate is 0.4% ... about 2-4x more than that of the typical annual flu depending on severity

Until the world gets its act together and tries to actually understand the denominators this whole thing is FUBAR

Ok. So it’s double or triple the mortality rate - without any significant time spent or money spent to date on vaccine or treatment options other than the front line tonic water/zinc cocktail (fuck off to the literalists. That’s a joke, fuckfaces).

Even at that, not worth the extreme measures taken if and when this flares up again next season. It’s just not, given that we now are getting reports of herd immunity being built up and the possibility this is the second wave of COVID sweeping through.
    The 2-4X number will be a fraction of this if and when real testing is ever performed. But it begs the question, why hasn't the testing of the entire world ever been demanded like this in past exposures to new viruses? But, but, but this is so much more contagious...whatever...started drinking too ealy this morning
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I was right.

Maybe be domoan too.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,086
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Ok. So it’s double or triple the mortality rate - without any significant time spent or money spent to date on vaccine or treatment options other than the front line tonic water/zinc cocktail (fuck off to the literalists. That’s a joke, fuckfaces).

Even at that, not worth the extreme measures taken if and when this flares up again next season. It’s just not, given that we now are getting reports of herd immunity being built up and the possibility this is the second wave of COVID sweeping through.
    The 2-4X number will be a fraction of this if and when real testing is ever performed. But it begs the question, why hasn't the testing of the entire world ever been demanded like this in past exposures to new viruses? But, but, but this is so much more contagious...whatever...started drinking too ealy this morning
    If and when there's actual statistics, not AAU scorekeepers and coroners taking a vacation from toe-tagging the proper cause of death, my guess is COVID is going to be slightly above normal flu but nothing special.

Less than a 2X multiple, quite easily.

And Jake Browning still sucks.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,632
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Smallpox in the new world was fake news too

CHANGE MY MIND
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was right.

Maybe be domoan too.

I was right you were right.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

CHANGE MY MIND

@swaye survived the white man's pandemic through his bloodline via good breeding techniques and natural selection.

Praise Allah.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,086
    edited April 2020
    Swaye said:

CHANGE MY MIND

@swaye survived the white man's pandemic through his bloodline via good breeding techniques and natural selection.

Praise Allah. Spirit Horse
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was right.

Maybe be domoan too.

I was right. So was domoan.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I came for the Gangelt Bang and was not disappointed.