Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Crime Round 1: #4 True Detective vs #5 Dexter

13»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    #4 True Detective

Dexter holds on for the win. 19-17.

Some names have been added to my list...I can’t believe you fucks let this happen.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have watched the first 4? seasons of dexter twice, have lost interest in watching the show past that both times. Probably for the best.

Never seen TD.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 True Detective
    Isn't Dexter about a serial killer that hunts down other serial killers? Sounds really creative.

If we're talking trash guilty pleasure crime shows Animal Kingdom is much better.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #5 Dexter
    haie said:

Isn't Dexter about a serial killer that hunts down other serial killers? Sounds really creative.

If we're talking trash guilty pleasure crime shows Animal Kingdom is much better.

Seems like you havent actually watched Dexter based on your question.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 True Detective
    chuck said:

haie said:

I have never watched a single minute of Dexter, yes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #5 Dexter
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I just found it surprising that you'd have such a strong opinion about a show you've never seen a minute of.

Like I said...fun.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
    #4 True Detective
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I just found it surprising that you'd have such a strong opinion about a show you've never seen a minute of.

Like I said...fun.
    When HGTV advertises another home makeover show with another couple trying to cash in on redoing some Mississippi shack, do you need to watch an episode to decide that that's stupid af and a waste of your time?

Think I've made my point on Dexter. There's HBO shows I'd rather give a chance to at this point.

Sidenote: not all HGTV shows are worthless, especially when they have hot half Asian wives in them.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #5 Dexter
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Like I said...fun.
    When HGTV advertises another home makeover show with another couple trying to cash in on redoing some Mississippi shack, do you need to watch an episode to decide that that's stupid af and a waste of your time?

Think I've made my point on Dexter. There's HBO shows I'd rather give a chance to at this point.

Sidenote: not all HGTV shows are worthless, especially when they have hot half Asian wives in them.
    You saved yourself with the last line.

There are a few HGTV shows that are just not believable. We were watching one last night where the gal was sanding a door....wearing, like, a cute leather coat and black sort of yoga pants and not getting a SINGLE smidge of dust on her. Now, I don't know about you but 1) that get up doesn't cut it doing DIY/Flip labor and 2) when i use a power sander, shit is flying everywhere - it's like a mushroom cloud of dust.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #5 Dexter
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Like I said...fun.

Good writers can make a good show out of pretty much any subject matter. The plot is only a part. Character development and relationships, dialogue, hot chicks, etc all play a role in whether or not a show is a good watch. Dexter, for at least a while, had all of the above. If you find yourself with time on your hands give it a shot. You might be surprised.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,372
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #5 Dexter
    HGTV has Lottery Dream House where some lucky hick gets a 100,000 dollar scratcher and wants to upgrade to a double wide.

A Lottery Dream house starts at 5 million.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    edited April 2020
    #5 Dexter
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Like I said...fun.

Good writers can make a good show out of pretty much any subject matter. The plot is only a part. Character development and relationships, dialogue, hot chicks, etc all play a role in whether or not a show is a good watch. Dexter, for at least a while, had all of the above. If you find yourself with time on your hands give it a shot. You might be surprised.

I fucking LOVED Sgt. Angel Batista and Vince Masuka. Those were damned good characters. Masuka was up there toward Lloyd the fag in Entourage status. Perverted little asian guy.

Lloyd...Masuka....The Throbber must have a latent little asian guy fetish....not sure how I'm feeling about that self-analysis especially when the media is telling us we're supposed to be racist towards asians right now..