Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TJ Bollers, 2021 4* DE, Tiffin, Iowa (Offered)

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

I like Kwat a lot, but Buck/Sam were some of the worst starters on the team until this year. I think he does a lot more than just coach those guys and I would never want him to go, but the praise on his coaching acumen is a little heavy when you consider his units he’s put out there.

The good news is that we will be good at Buck/Sam this year. I think good ILB play is coming too.

Dude edge play improved as the year went on
    Yes, this past year it did. It was bad from the middle of 2016 until halfway thru this past season. He was the coach of those guys.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020

FireCohen said:

I like Kwat a lot, but Buck/Sam were some of the worst starters on the team until this year. I think he does a lot more than just coach those guys and I would never want him to go, but the praise on his coaching acumen is a little heavy when you consider his units he’s put out there.

The good news is that we will be good at Buck/Sam this year. I think good ILB play is coming too.

Dude edge play improved as the year went on
    Yes, this past year it did. It was bad from the middle of 2016 until halfway thru this past season. He was the coach of those guys.
    Dude we were talking about last year, but even at his worst his player did not look as bad as Gregory’s.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

Ektard today:

“ Spoke to him last week and got an update on things. I had some concern on why he isn't doing much with Iowa right now, especially considering his dad was a player there. He said they haven't shown him much interest, even though they offered. He said he's focusing on the schools that have shown him the most interest. At this early juncture, I get the feeling that Wisconsin is top school for him, but he really likes Washington a lot and I think if they blow him away on his official visit (I expect them to push for one the final week of the early visit period...which would be June 19th - 21st). “

If they blow him away, then what, Scotty?
    Visit will be a 12 out of 10.

Commits to Iowa St.
    What's the Iowa equivalent of a barber? The manager at the local NAPA?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shit like this is why we aren’t getting him. Bama throws out a lot of offers so who knows if they even really want him, but it’s early, he will get more offers, and if the distance to UW isn’t too great, it’s not too much for the blue blood and other elite programs.

TL,DR: We aren’t getting him.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Shit like this is why we aren’t getting him. Bama throws out a lot of offers so who knows if they even really want him, but it’s early, he will get more offers, and if the distance to UW isn’t too great, it’s not too much for the blue blood and other elite programs.

TL,DR: We aren’t getting him.
    Sad but true. I’m just pissed because I really wanted to establish a pipeline to Iowa.
    Your just wanting to secure access to valuable tortilla corn reserves.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The first college football game I saw on color TV was UW at Iowa early 60s. We had to go to one my dad's friends house

1964 on NBC

Csb
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UW's pitch to Bollers....

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:
    One of these things is not like the others...
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:
    One of these things is not like the others...
    You mean one of them is not actually a commitable offer...

5 fuck nuts on that list and we couldn’t make the cut.