Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sweet 16 Crime: #3 The Wire vs #2 Breaking Bad

2»

Comments

• Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    #3 The Wire
    chuck said:

Breaking Bad was a nice show. It doesn’t have shit on The Wire.

I’ll never rewatch BB. I’m seen The Wire 5+ times.

I like to make over the top condemnations when my picks xont win too so I get it. The Wire is awesome and worthy of the semis or even finals. BB has plenty on it though, for those who care to see.

I've watched BB front to back three times and the wire twice. The second viewing of the wire was hard for me to stick with at times. I wasnt seeing or hearing anything new. I could have turned off the sound and spoken the lines for them. I found things I missed, or just missed the point of, in every episode of Breaking Bad.
    Spoken like someone that needs the subtitles turned on just to try and follow along.

Oh well. There’s still the dodge ball tournament reruns on ESPN to get worked up about.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Breaking Bad

This is the same group that eliminated OutKast and Wu Tang early in the rap tournament, so I think we have established the pattern.

Don’t get me started on the music tournament. I knew Zeppelin or AC/DC was going to win the rock before it started. Eminem and Tupac in the finals for rap was bad too.

I want a surprise. The only surprises were in the poster tournament. I still enjoy them tho.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,869
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    MakaDawg said:

chuck said:

I like to make over the top condemnations when my picks xont win too so I get it. The Wire is awesome and worthy of the semis or even finals. BB has plenty on it though, for those who care to see.

I've watched BB front to back three times and the wire twice. The second viewing of the wire was hard for me to stick with at times. I wasnt seeing or hearing anything new. I could have turned off the sound and spoken the lines for them. I found things I missed, or just missed the point of, in every episode of Breaking Bad.
    Spoken like someone that needs the subtitles turned on just to try and follow along.

Oh well. There’s still the dodge ball tournament reruns on ESPN to get worked up about.

The Throbber does that on English TV shows quite often. Can't understand WTF those limey fucks are saying sometimes. Don't have that problem with Aussie TV. Oy! Oy! Oy!

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Breaking Bad
    Pole is closed BB wins 21-16.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    #3 The Wire

This is the same group that eliminated OutKast and Wu Tang early in the rap tournament, so I think we have established the pattern.

I had Outkast correctly seeded! You could argue I under seeded Shady but even as a 2 seed that matchup still happens in the E8 either way.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Breaking Bad
    MakaDawg said:

chuck said:

JFC what a prick.

I love the wire asshole. I had to pick one.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Breaking Bad

Holy shit, this happened? I'm going to have to look up that pole just so I can hate everyone and quit this place.
  • Options

Perhaps HH voters foreshadowed the Chinese Virus and protest voted accordingly. Did you ever think of that?

You probably didn't at the time. But we knew. We knew what-the-fuck those Chicoms were planning. Oh yes, we did.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    #3 The Wire

Holy shit, this happened? I'm going to have to look up that pole just so I can hate everyone and quit this place.
    It's not as bad as it sounds. Outkast was a 1 seed in the 00s bracket and lost in the E8 to the eventual runner up Eminem (who could have guessed a white dude would overachieve on this bored??).

Wu was a 4 seed in the stackedest bracket of all the brackets, 90s rap. Lost to the eventual champ TuPac in the S16.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Breaking Bad
    dnc said:

It's not as bad as it sounds. Outkast was a 1 seed in the 00s bracket and lost in the E8 to the eventual runner up Eminem (who could have guessed a white dude would overachieve on this bored??).

Wu was a 4 seed in the stackedest bracket of all the brackets, 90s rap. Lost to the eventual champ TuPac in the S16.
    Wu-Tang a 4 seed?

I don't even mind Eminem finishing that high. I've been taking a walk down hip hop memory lane recently, and although I didn't listen to a lot of Eminem when he was big, I've been catching up, and it's fucking amazing. "Rap God" has to be one of the greatest rap songs ever.

I love Outkast, picked up Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik on a whim when it was in the new release section at the record store, and was blown away. ATLiens was even better. That being said, a 1 seed in the '90s? No way. That would be Wu Tang Clan for me. Wu Tang Forever was the most anticipated album release of my life and yet didn't disappoint at all.

Wait, what was this thread about?
  • Options
    #3 The Wire

dnc said:

Wu-Tang a 4 seed?

I don't even mind Eminem finishing that high. I've been taking a walk down hip hop memory lane recently, and although I didn't listen to a lot of Eminem when he was big, I've been catching up, and it's fucking amazing. "Rap God" has to be one of the greatest rap songs ever.

I love Outkast, picked up Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik on a whim when it was in the new release section at the record store, and was blown away. ATLiens was even better. That being said, a 1 seed in the '90s? No way. That would be Wu Tang Clan for me. Wu Tang Forever was the most anticipated album release of my life and yet didn't disappoint at all.

Outkast was a 1 in the 00s not the 90s. Pac was the 1 in the 90's.

For balance anyone who had any significance in the 80s was seeded in the 80s. Everyone else was seeded by their last decade of relevance. This was done to address the two biggest challenges: the 90s being too stacked and the 10s being too worthless. The 90s was still the strongest bracket and the 10s still the weakest but not nearly as bad as it would have been without that approach.

Wu was a four in the 90s behind Tupac, Biggie and Ice Cube.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/49197/run-dnc-s-rap-tourney-battle-royale/p1
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Breaking Bad
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Wu-Tang a 4 seed?

For balance anyone who had any significance in the 80s was seeded in the 80s. Everyone else was seeded by their last decade of relevance. This was done to address the two biggest challenges: the 90s being too stacked and the 10s being too worthless. The 90s was still the strongest bracket and the 10s still the weakest but not nearly as bad as it would have been without that approach.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/49197/run-dnc-s-rap-tourney-battle-royale/p1

Nineties west coast rap is the most overrated thing ever, and Biggie and Tupac both are overrated to this day because they died. /hawt take. Thanks for the link, though, I'll have to catch up and hate everyone.
  • Options
    #3 The Wire

dnc said:

dnc said:

Wu-Tang a 4 seed?

Nineties west coast rap is the most overrated thing ever, and Biggie and Tupac both are overrated to this day because they died. /hawt take. Thanks for the link, though, I'll have to catch up and hate everyone.
    i agree Biggie is overrated and I'd vote for Wu Tang (or Outkast) over him rather easily but Pac is a legend irregardless of his untimely death. Most prolific rapper of all time and had the whole package stylistically. Could both pen and deliver a banger, a ballad, a gangsta anthem, a dis track or a socially conscious cut all without ever damaging his 10/10 street cred.

Hating Pac is just trying to be contrarian.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 The Wire

dnc said:

dnc said:

Wu-Tang a 4 seed?

• Options

dnc said:

Wu-Tang a 4 seed?

Lady Fucking Antebellum.

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    These should be on opposite sides of the bracket. This is Duke-UNC in the sweet sixteen.