Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coronavirus could travel 27 feet, stay in air for hours: MIT researcher

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    Founders Club

If true then open the doors and let the strong survive. The medical community isn't going to make a miracle shot in the next two months. If July and August is just to be a short respite for everyone before we shutter ourselves away for the fall and winter again then let's pull the band aid. 70 years ago many who are at risk for this virus now wouldn't have made it to this point in life due to lack of advanced medicine. Maybe this is natures way of saying "You fuckers live too long. I throw shit at you to kill you off and you just figure out ways to fix it, Faulty hearts, diseased blood, mercenary cells and any number of nasty bacterial and viral infections. Fuck you. Im sick of it. Enjoy this shit burger I made from mice and bat shit. Now please fuck off." Maybe it's time to sit at the table as a people and eat our dinner. See who comes back for seconds. If we were living in 1950 this virus would be called a very nasty Flu season as most who are dying or who are having severely adverse reactions probably wouldn't be alive anyway. The people with stints in their hearts, managing their diabetes, the huge amount of people living into their late 70's, 80's and 90's on a whole wouldn't be dying from this as they would have already passed before the virus ever touched them. I feel like a shit bag for writing this. It's probably because I'm a shit bag.

According to the top doctor that Peter Attia interviewed, it's no slam dunk that the summer months will bring a respite. He talked about being in the middle east dealing with the MERS outbreak. He said it was 110 degrees and the virus had no trouble whatsoever in spreading.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,588
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So we sit to dinner a little earlier than I thought?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So anyone comparing corona to the flu is an idiot but Peter Attia's doctor compares corona to MERS and he is brilliant?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,941

Say goodbye to the college and NFL football seasons (If you haven't already)

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/coronavirus-could-travel-27-feet-stay-in-air-for-hours-mit-researcher/

How much of her grant money comes from big pharma? Or some bullshit Chinese shell foundation?

• Options

Linked in the same article:

Dr. Fauci: Research showing coronavirus can travel 27 feet in air is ‘terribly misleading’
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/dr-fauci-research-showing-coronavirus-can-travel-27-ft-is-misleading/

Money makes the world go around.

I’m not entirely sure who to believe lately other than @Swaye on a Peyote laced Vision Quest. But Dr Fauci might be America’s most trusted voice right now.

Until the Clintons kill him.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fauci has street cred because he made a face during a Trump kick ass presser. But he could become a lap dog. LIPO
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bourouiba fears that the current guidelines are “overly simplified” and “may limit the effectiveness of the proposed interventions” against the deadly pandemic.

That Genie isn't going back in the bottle without force I'm afraid
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    We already seeing higher infection rates in the upper northern latitudes.
  • Options

Fauci has street cred because he made a face during a Trump kick ass presser. But he could become a lap dog. LIPO

He could but I always ask myself what the upside/downside motive for a person is.

Fauci has a boatload more downside by being a lapdog than upside. Dude is up there in age, he’s already had an incredible career and he’s not running for office.

There’s always risk of corruption and payola but my bullshit meter doesn’t go off with the same intensity as most of your normal bureaucrat/politicians.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    IF it could travel 27ft I imagine the conditions have to be just right? What were the conditions?

I think this MIT guy is full of fucking shit.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

IF it could travel 27ft I imagine the conditions have to be just right? What were the conditions?

I think this MIT guy is full of fucking shit.

If Mr. MIT is right, then I was right first and this shit is everywhere and has been everywhere for a long time.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Linked in the same article:

Dr. Fauci: Research showing coronavirus can travel 27 feet in air is ‘terribly misleading’
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/dr-fauci-research-showing-coronavirus-can-travel-27-ft-is-misleading/

Money makes the world go around.

I’m not entirely sure who to believe lately other than @Swaye on a Peyote laced Vision Quest. But Dr Fauci might be America’s most trusted voice right now.

Until the Clintons kill him.
    Fauci and Joe Exotic are the only people that can gain non-partisan adoration from all Americans.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't think the foremost dick sucking whore on the planet could hock a loogy 27 feet. Not even if it has extra snot in it to hold it together and give it some heft.
  • Options

I don't think the foremost dick sucking whore on the planet could hock a loogy 27 feet. Not even if it has extra snot in it to hold it together and give it some heft.

I see a new Ice Bucket Challenge opportunity there.

#viralloogy