Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the bored

RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
For those of you who have children in high school or college, are your kids reporting that their work loads have increased? My 1 in HS says it's a lot of busy work and writing assignments but can handle it. My 7th grader would rather be at recess playing basketball or football and hasn't had any problems with the online adjustment. But my college student is extremely frustrated because she says her work load has increased and some of the professors are being assholes. I hope this situation exposes these institutions for the scams they are.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Workload the same for my college aged kid.

A lotta running in place for the grade school & high school ones.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well in LA 30% of the students said fuck off
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Workload the same for my college aged kid.

A lotta running in place for the grade school & high school ones.

High school and grade school the same. USD not so much. Harvard has already determined their students will be receiving pass/fail grades while others have decided to give A's if the assignment is simply turned in. I have heard from several friends or relatives who attended Harvard, Stanford, Wharton etc. that it is much harder to get into these institutions but once there it is much easier to have great success. I've been saying this for years. Why wouldn't you want your students to achieve the highest levels of success? The ego of some professors and administrators should not be that the majority of students do not deserve an A in their class or from their institution. If their students go out into the real world and get great jobs, they are much more likely to give back. Conversely, if they are just average, they likely won't have the means or fond memories of their educators and won't give back.