Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2016 finals today ESPN

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,685
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Games 5 and 7 of the epic choke

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It's not a choke if you just get fucking outplayed by the best basketball player to ever walk this Earth.

LeBron with a legit 2nd option has always been damn near unstoppable.

Dwade/Bosh 11-13 (both fell off a cliff in 2014): 2 rings, 1 epic finals choke from LeBron where he was used as the 2nd option and Dirk went OFF.

Kyrie/KLove 2016 (Injured in 2015, then KLove fell off a cliff and Kyrie dipped): Ring

AD 2020: Dominant, best team in the West and 2nd best in the NBA, possible ring

2011 was the only year where he had a legit number 2 and didn't win a ring.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,685
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It was a choke though

Don't get me wrong, Lebron was and is epic. That's why I love it so much. Probably my favorite Finals ever and I go back to Celtics Lakers in the 60's. (Sonics' title excluded)

But any chance to low tweak the Warriors will not be passed by

Their titles

2015 against Hickory High

2017 after getting KD

2018 same

2019 they got the injuries and lost to Canada. lol
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020

It's not a choke if you just get fucking outplayed by the best basketball player to ever walk this Earth.

LeBron with a legit 2nd option has always been damn near unstoppable.

Dwade/Bosh 11-13 (both fell off a cliff in 2014): 2 rings, 1 epic finals choke from LeBron where he was used as the 2nd option and Dirk went OFF.

Kyrie/KLove 2016 (Injured in 2015, then KLove fell off a cliff and Kyrie dipped): Ring

AD 2020: Dominant, best team in the West and 2nd best in the NBA, possible ring

2011 was the only year where he had a legit number 2 and didn't win a ring.

Cavs would have had a very good shot in 2015 with Kyrie. I put no stock in Kevin Love. He never made any difference when it mattered. He sucks. He did stop Curry, although Curry settled for a three.

In 2016, LeBron got the Cavs to game 7 by playing amazing. Warriors choked in game 7 tho. It was an ugly, low scoring game and they shot terribly. The Cavs didn’t play amazing. Both teams played below average and the Cavs eeked it out with some clutch plays by LeBron and Kyrie at the end.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,685
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that Game 7 in the Finals is often brutal. Kobe pretty much sucked when they beat the Celtics. Needed World Peace to put it away

Dennis Johnson shot 1 for 13 for the Sonics

All that being said no team has blown a 3-1 lead in the Finals. Except GS

Kyrie will always have the three pointer over Steph in Game 7

And Lebron the block of Andre