Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Dawning of America’s Post Pandemic Age

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Got to believe that many brick and mortar retailers like Macy's that were already struggling are never going to open up many of the stores they've now closed.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I take the extreme doomsday opinion pieces with a block of salt
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,951
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

If we are in this state on June 1st, there is no return.

There will be a continuing cascade of layoffs.

Half the people won't be paying their mortgage or rent.

Most of the restaurants and bars will close down for good,

Commercial real estate will crash.

Big retailers that were already on the ropes will disappear.

By then there will be cracks on the facade of the biggest banks. And then there will be a run on said Banks.

The Feds will print more fake money to "bail them out" but they won't be lending any more out. Inflation will begin to take hold, Goods and food will start to be more scarce due to supply chains breaking down and truckers not being paid on time.

Big corporations, like 2008, are even now learning how to do more with less body count. Corporations that were on the fence with A/I software will suddenly be receptive to it, now, wiping out whole departments once it's time to go back to "biz as usual".

But other than that, I think we'll be just fine.

But why has there been a run on gun stores?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    salemcoog said:

By then there will be cracks on the facade of the biggest banks. And then there will be a run on said Banks.

The Feds will print more fake money to "bail them out" but they won't be lending any more out. Inflation will begin to take hold, Goods and food will start to be more scarce due to supply chains breaking down and truckers not being paid on time.

Big corporations, like 2008, are even now learning how to do more with less body count. Corporations that were on the fence with A/I software will suddenly be receptive to it, now, wiping out whole departments once it's time to go back to "biz as usual".

The only option at this point is to give the Dems more power
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    a bit of overreaction?

I expect the USofA to just shut down for 3-4 months every flu/Wuhan/contagion season for now on.

Everyone will be on mandatory staycation during Contagion Season. CS will replace the late winter early spring time frame. Mortgages, Rent, standard utility bills will be prorated for the remaining 8-9 month non-contagion seasons giving the masses financial security.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think when this phase is over, Trump is going to come out guns blazing on every mayor and governor out there who pulled bullshit moves like Cuomo suddenly 'finding' medical supplies in a warehouse in New Jersey.

I actually think he's somewhat holding his tongue so as not to incite even worse hysteria and panic than the MSM has already stoked up. He's sparred a little bit with Cuomo and Inslee and Newsom but it's going to be way, way more intense after the public is calmed down.

If there's one thing about Trump, he doesn't forget. He does NOT forget who fucks with him.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    LebamDawg said:

a bit of overreaction?

I expect the USofA to just shut down for 3-4 months every flu/Wuhan/contagion season for now on.

Everyone will be on mandatory staycation during Contagion Season. CS will replace the late winter early spring time frame. Mortgages, Rent, standard utility bills will be prorated for the remaining 8-9 month non-contagion seasons giving the masses financial security.

Except 70% of the population lives month to month and over half the population pays half of their take home income to rent and mortgage.

So how are over half of these folks going to be able to plow forward as before on 3/4 of what they made before?

And how are restaurants, bars, gyms, shops going to be able to pull off the same thing?

Oh all with higher taxes btw to pay for the Trillions given out with little roi.

Spoiler alert: They won't be able to. They will close. For good.

Nope. Anything after June 1st and its the point of no return. Really May 1st to be back on our feet within a year.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

LebamDawg said:

a bit of overreaction?

Except 70% of the population lives month to month and over half the population pays half of their take home income to rent and mortgage.

So how are over half of these folks going to be able to plow forward as before on 3/4 of what they made before?

And how are restaurants, bars, gyms, shops going to be able to pull off the same thing?

Oh all with higher taxes btw to pay for the Trillions given out with little roi.

Nope. Anything after June 1st and its the point of no return. Really May 1st to be back on our feet within a year.

Which is obviously why April 27 is what's being said now as the target date. I would think that everything would have to be completely fucked this coming month for them to come out and ask for an additional 30 days. If any kind of a compromise can be made at that point to just have only at-risk people stay home and still practice social distancing while in public, it's going to happen.

End of may is still probably the timeline for hotels and certain industries though.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,654

I think when this phase is over, Trump is going to come out guns blazing on every mayor and governor out there who pulled bullshit moves like Cuomo suddenly 'finding' medical supplies in a warehouse in New Jersey.

I actually think he's somewhat holding his tongue so as not to incite even worse hysteria and panic than the MSM has already stoked up. He's sparred a little bit with Cuomo and Inslee and Newsom but it's going to be way, way more intense after the public is calmed down.

If there's one thing about Trump, he doesn't forget. He does NOT forget who fucks with him.

He should come out against hillary
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,562
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

LebamDawg said:

a bit of overreaction?

all companies will also have to increase salaries to cover the 3-4 month shutdown. The workers will form unions - Washington Education Association - Restaurant Workers (WEA-RW) branch, for instance.

WEA is good at negotiating contracts where the workers aren't there for 3 months.

Problem solved, everyone will have to join a union to receive salaries but the government will be happy. That will also open up $100,000 government positions for each new union.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm calling it now. We will get through this. This is all a bunch of leftist fearmongering. We will refer to the 2020s as the "Roaring 20s" as Trump brings us back to the top. Take screenshots if you need...
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I'm calling it now. We will get through this. This is all a bunch of leftist fearmongering. We will refer to the 2020s as the "Roaring 20s" as Trump brings us back to the top. Take screenshots if you need...

Yes - lots of leftists doing the fear mongering on this thread.

lol
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,236
    Swaye's Wigwam

Debt to GDP in 1920 was 29%. We'll be at like 110% this year.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

and Democrats wi

salemcoog said:

The only option at this point is to give the Dems more power
    Which is why this is happening
  • Options
    dflea said:

lol
    First they closed the fishing holes and I said nothing.....
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,236
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

lol
    First they closed the glory holes and I said nothing.....
  • Options

dflea said:

lol
    First they closed the glory holes and I said nothing.....
    OH hellz no!!!!

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Debt to GDP in 1920 was 29%. We'll be at like 110% this year.

It's a little more complicated than that but thanks.