Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coronavirus Patients Taken Off Ventilators & Out of ICU After Receiving Experimental Drug Leronlimab

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited March 2020 in Tug Tavern
“ Two coronavirus patients in New York City are off ventilators and out of intensive care after they received an experimental drug to treat HIV and breast cancer.

As the skyrocketing number of cases stretches city hospitals to the limit, doctors are racing to find out which drugs on the market or in development might help in fighting the infection.

The drug, leronlimab, is delivered by injection twice in the abdomen, the Daily Mail reported.

Of seven critically ill patients who received the drug in New York, two were removed from ventilators and two showed significant improvement.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/coronavirus-patients-taken-off-ventilators-and-out-of-icu-after-receiving-experimental-drug-leronlimab/

CytoDyn: Leronlimab Deployed To The Frontlines Against Coronavirus

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4333515-cytodyn-leronlimab-deployed-to-frontlines-against-coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Can't wait until rat leaders ban the use of this drug too.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    But governors know best about off label use of drugs
  • Options
    ToiletBowl1983ToiletBowl1983 Member Posts: 81
    Standard Supporter
    Lupus patients are having extreme difficulties getting their hydroxychloroquine prescriptions filled.
  • Options

Lupus patients are having extreme difficulties getting their hydroxychloroquine prescriptions filled.

I'm having trouble wiping my ass due to toilet paper shortages too.

What's your point?

• Options
    Standard Supporter

What's your point?

Oh yeah, this is the Tug, my bad.
  • Options

What's your point?

No, seriously- If I can't wipe my ass, I'll get the typhus and die. What's your point?

The left allowed this panic-buying and hysteria to explode, why so upset now at the fallout?

AAARRGHH MEAN ORANGE MAN!!!!

• Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,510
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

What's your point?

Remove the corn cob before attempting to wipe.
    HTH
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I hear you can take fish tank cleaner as an alternative.
  • Options
    Blu82 said:

What's your point?

Remove the corn cob before attempting to wipe.
    HTH
    From my ass or the husk?

whynotboth?

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

I hear you can take fish tank cleaner as an alternative.

• Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think this will happen. Big pharma and the FDA are driving treatment protocol. It's much more profitable to develop a drug and patent it then to use a known, cheap drug like Hydroxicloroquine in conjunction with antibiotics. The Washington State Medical Commission is threatening to sanction physicians for prescribing the drug off label.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Dude61 said:

I don't think this will happen. Big pharma and the FDA are driving treatment protocol. It's much more profitable to develop a drug and patent it then to use a known, cheap drug like Hydroxicloroquine in conjunction with antibiotics. The Washington State Medical Commission is threatening to sanction physicians for prescribing the drug off label.
    If I'm a COVID-19 patient knocking on death's door, I sure as fuck want Dr. Bigdick to pull every hail mary out of his ass that he's got to get me to the next day/week. Ain't no tim for FDA testing/big pharma fuck all in that situation. That's why physicians can go off-label in their prescriptions. They see and hear shit way before the bureaucrats clue into things.

Fuck the Washington State Medical Commission (bureaucrats again) putting doctors on the front lines in an ethically compromised position. Fuck them with a rusty COVID-19 infested cheese grater.

Prescribe on, physicians. Worry about the legal fallout later. Give people a chance to live.

Sorry to show such lack of 'compassion'. (cough cough)

It is often said that the exact phrase "First do no harm" (Latin: Primum non nocere) is a part of the original Hippocratic oath. Although the phrase does not appear in the AD 245 version of the oath, similar intentions are vowed by, "I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm". The phrase "primum non nocere" is believed to date from the 17th century (see detailed discussion in the article on the phrase).

Another equivalent phrase is found in Epidemics, Book I, of the Hippocratic school: "Practice two things in your dealings with disease: either help or do not harm the patient".[7] The exact phrase is believed to have originated with the 19th-century English surgeon Thomas Inman.[8]

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dude61 said:

If I'm a COVID-19 patient knocking on death's door, I sure as fuck want Dr. Bigdick to pull every hail mary out of his ass that he's got to get me to the next day/week. Ain't no tim for FDA testing/big pharma fuck all in that situation. That's why physicians can go off-label in their prescriptions. They see and hear shit way before the bureaucrats clue into things.

Fuck the Washington State Medical Commission (bureaucrats again) putting doctors on the front lines in an ethically compromised position. Fuck them with a rusty COVID-19 infested cheese grater.

Prescribe on, physicians. Worry about the legal fallout later. Give people a chance to live.

Sorry to show such lack of 'compassion'. (cough cough)

It is often said that the exact phrase "First do no harm" (Latin: Primum non nocere) is a part of the original Hippocratic oath. Although the phrase does not appear in the AD 245 version of the oath, similar intentions are vowed by, "I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm". The phrase "primum non nocere" is believed to date from the 17th century (see detailed discussion in the article on the phrase).

Another equivalent phrase is found in Epidemics, Book I, of the Hippocratic school: "Practice two things in your dealings with disease: either help or do not harm the patient".[7] The exact phrase is believed to have originated with the 19th-century English surgeon Thomas Inman.[8]

Eason is a Dr?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

What's your point?

Sorry man, didn't realize you didn't have a shower.
    No, seriously- If I can't wipe my ass, I'll get the typhus and die. What's your point?

The left allowed this panic-buying and hysteria to explode, why so upset now at the fallout?

AAARRGHH MEAN ORANGE MAN!!!!

• Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options

I'm homeless you insensitive fuck.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Props to you my man, I am glad you have your priorities straight. Contributing to this site over buying necessities. You are the man!
  • Options

Props to you my man, I am glad you have your priorities straight. Contributing to this site over buying necessities. You are the man!
    I hire out as gigolo.

Leftist chicks dig paying big bucks for homeless dick.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Well, i have a couple of rolls of angel soft I can send you. let me know the nearest post office and I'll send them general delivery.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

What's your point?

Bye-bye, Nancy.