Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Where's the bill? Full text of stimulus hasn't been released but vote is expected today

2»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

Have fun with your free money, “conservatives”

But How is Tommy an insufferable gash?
    Yeah, attack me when y’all been mocking any and every social program ever discussed here forever.

Now that YOU get some, it’s gimme gimme gimme.

But HOW are you all hypocrites???

Like I said, enjoy. Sounds like many of you desperately need it. I hope it helps.
    I won’t be getting a check. HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I have mixed feelings about all of this but I do think there's something to be said for the idea that when government orders are what is killing an economy/job market/personal finance that it's more appropriate for said government to step in and offer relief.

This isn't just some random recession. This is a recession caused by a virus yes but moreso by governmental response to said virus. I'm pro small government but if government is going to choose to take away economic freedom like this I think they have to offer economic relief.

IOW I was against W's stimulus in 08 but am pro Trump's stimulus in 20 even though I am much more pro W than Trump.

If there's ever a situation where government stimulus is appropriate this is it.

Except the government doesn’t have money of their own. So they are giving away others money.

And speaking of hypocrites every teacher and government employee who is getting a paid vacation better be donating their check to a someone who lost their job or a charity. Time to put up or shut up. But they won’t. These assholes are going to end up making more for doing less.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

salemcoog said:

Have fun with your free money, “conservatives”

But How is Tommy an insufferable gash?
    Yeah, attack me when y’all been mocking any and every social program ever discussed here forever.

Now that YOU get some, it’s gimme gimme gimme.

But HOW are you all hypocrites???

Like I said, enjoy. Sounds like many of you desperately need it. I hope it helps.
    I won’t be getting a check. HTH
    #MeNeither
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dnc said:

I have mixed feelings about all of this but I do think there's something to be said for the idea that when government orders are what is killing an economy/job market/personal finance that it's more appropriate for said government to step in and offer relief.

This isn't just some random recession. This is a recession caused by a virus yes but moreso by governmental response to said virus. I'm pro small government but if government is going to choose to take away economic freedom like this I think they have to offer economic relief.

IOW I was against W's stimulus in 08 but am pro Trump's stimulus in 20 even though I am much more pro W than Trump.

If there's ever a situation where government stimulus is appropriate this is it.

Put more succinctly

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Except the government doesn’t have money of their own. So they are giving away others money.
    Yeah there's that.

As usual we are stealing from our kids. Or their kids.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2020
    Good thing I didn't file yet for 19. Because in 18 I made squat.

So I'm gonna take my free money

And use it to pay some of the taxes I owe for 19.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As always I had my taxes filed and paid by Feb 1

#sucker
  • Options

#sucker

But if I had filed I wouldn't have gotten my free money
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,547
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    so its the Fed's money that they borrow from China the source of all this turmoil.

I think Trump should just announce we are defaulting on $23T and lets see what happens. Can't be worse than what we have now
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

#sucker

Since I always owe them money I make those fuckers wait until 4/15 every year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    SFGbob said:

#sucker

I have an obsession about oweing money. I don't like it so I pay.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

#sucker

I have an obsession about oweing money. I don't like it so I pay.
    I do as well, with everyone but the Government.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Yeah there's that.

Or us
  • Options
    edited March 2020

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yeah there's that.

Or us
    I'd happily steal from you.

I wouldn't do it physically. I'd just Phish you and take your money.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yeah there's that.

Or us
    I'd happily steal from you.

I wouldn't do it physically. I'd just Phish you and take your money.
    Good luck. Mr internet phish guy (RIP Harv jam band)