Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    This needs to happen. This always devolves into a "this is how I would do it" unread, But anything short of at least how the FCS does it is half assed. They have already killed the bowls, so make it official.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,848

This needs to happen. This always devolves into a "this is how I would do it" unread, But anything short of at least how the FCS does it is half assed. They have already killed the bowls, so make it official.

I used to be on that tip. But No one can hardly stand to watch #1 vs #4 as it is now, so #1 vs #32 would be an absolute shit show. The reality is that most years there are two and SOMETIMES three teams that even have a sniff at a Natty. And the rest arer next tier pretenders that could maybe beat the ones above them one out of 10 times.

A 4 team playoff would work better if all Power 5 teams played 8 games plus conf champ and were required to play at least 2 other non con P5 games to qualify for the playoff. I'm not saying all P5 schools HAVE to do that, just the ones that want to have a chance at a Natty.

I don't need to see every conference represented as we know the Big 12 sucked from top to bottom and Oregon would have got run as well, last year, if they made it.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    8 is enough under the current set up.

Otherwise, form 4 super conferences and each champ is automatically in.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam

How would yours look though?
    salemcoog said:

I used to be on that tip. But No one can hardly stand to watch #1 vs #4 as it is now, so #1 vs #32 would be an absolute shit show. The reality is that most years there are two and SOMETIMES three teams that even have a sniff at a Natty. And the rest arer next tier pretenders that could maybe beat the ones above them one out of 10 times.

A 4 team playoff would work better if all Power 5 teams played 8 games plus conf champ and were required to play at least 2 other non con P5 games to qualify for the playoff. I'm not saying all P5 schools HAVE to do that, just the ones that want to have a chance at a Natty.

I don't need to see every conference represented as we know the Big 12 sucked from top to bottom and Oregon would have got run as well, last year, if they made it.
    You’ve made a decent case for ending college football as we know it and just adopt the Ivy League model. The NFL can set up a minor league for those who want a shot at the big show (ILTCIT)
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Fuck me. Horse has been dead. Please make it stop.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

salemcoog said:

You’ve made a decent case for ending college football as we know it and just adopt the Ivy League model. The NFL can set up a minor league for those who want a shot at the big show (ILTCIT)
    No one would watch that. Truth is people love going back to college 6 times a year, drinking like a 20yo again and reliving their youth. And they will pay handsomely for that experience.

Minor league football offers none of that.
    TommySQC said:

salemcoog said:

No one would watch that. Truth is people love going back to college 6 times a year, drinking like a 20yo again and reliving their youth. And they will pay handsomely for that experience.

Minor league football offers none of that.
    Except more than half the fanbase didn't go to college and are Renton/auburn, south sound and pierce county remoras and 12s.