Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coronavirus' Real Threat to Everyday Life

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Bankruptcy.

Remember, something like 80% of the population can't afford a $500 emergency. And Jay Inslee just told a large group of those people to stay home indefinitely.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-deaths-trump-stock-market-pandemic-economy-bankrupt-italy-a9394891.html

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The governors of Ohio and Massachusetts, where the # of confirmed cases are a fraction of Washington's, have both called for lockdowns as well. They're Republicans. I know you didn't say it was partisan but the mob here has been bitching about Inslee and ignoring the fact this is going to happen all over the country.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What basis is Inslee using for his power grab?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,956

What basis is Inslee using for his power grab?

Isn't Being Jay Inslee enough?

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The governors of Ohio and Massachusetts, where the # of confirmed cases are a fraction of Washington's, have both called for lockdowns as well. They're Republicans. I know you didn't say it was partisan but the mob here has been bitching about Inslee and ignoring the fact this is going to happen all over the country.

If you read the tone and communication of the way Inslee mandated closures vs. how the Ohio governor did, that should tell you everything you need to know about Jay Inslee's ego.

He gives no fucks as to how his edicts are perceived by the populace.

The Ohio Governor was contrite and apologetic and asked for cooperation.

Big difference. One acts like a dick, the other acts like a leader.

Yet Trump supporters love cheering him on for being a dick, giving zero fucks, and not acting like a traditional political leader. Got it.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Alexis said:

So if I'm a bar owner and I say, fuck it, I'm opening for St. Paddy's Day, what is the Gov going to do. Fine me. Arrest me. Shoot me. I'd kind of like to know.

They'd have to drag me off in chains if I was a bar or restaurant owner.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Fuckoff you cum bucket slurpblob.

This is much more about an experiment in Social engineering than it is about protecting people. Once the WHO put the tag of Pandemic on it, the hounds were ready and waiting to lock everything down. Now they are seeing just how much they can get away with before people start fighting back.

As the boreds resident conspiracy theorist, I'm not ready to go that far.

Incredibly overblown? Sure.

Premeditated social engineering experiment? Uuuuhhhhhh ... GO CUOG!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options

If you read the tone and communication of the way Inslee mandated closures vs. how the Ohio governor did, that should tell you everything you need to know about Jay Inslee's ego.

He gives no fucks as to how his edicts are perceived by the populace.

The Ohio Governor was contrite and apologetic and asked for cooperation.

Big difference. One acts like a dick, the other acts like a leader.

Yet Trump supporters love cheering him on for being a dick, giving zero fucks, and not acting like a traditional political leader. Got it.
    Like we say, "fuck off"

• Options
    Alexis said:

So if I'm a bar owner and I say, fuck it, I'm opening for St. Paddy's Day, what is the Gov going to do. Fine me. Arrest me. Shoot me. I'd kind of like to know.

I asked that question a couple days ago - what's the enforcement? What's the consequence for violating? Nobody can seem to answer that.

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited March 2020

Alexis said:

I asked that question a couple days ago - what's the enforcement? What's the consequence for violating? Nobody can seem to answer that.

I'm guessing it's voluntary, just without anyone specifically saying that.