Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When the going gets tough the tough go on recess

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Corona is already going down where it first hit. Korea and China

I prefer the tone of Trump to the bed wetters

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that those countries reacted "hysterically". China completely locked down cities using the iron rule of authoritarianism in order to prevent the spread. South Korea was able to mobilize 10,000 tests per day in order to get an accurate assessment of the situation. Asians are just better at this than we are. Maybe it's all the fish they eat.

Meanwhile our Congress is talking about recess while POTUS whines on twitter about the global scheme of the democrats to bring down the world economy in order to hurt his reelection.

I support Trump's payroll tax hiatus, and any other stimulus that offers relief to those who can't afford to miss work and could potentially further the spread due to financial constraints. Hopefully neither McConnell nor Pelosi get in the way of that. I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that those countries reacted "hysterically". China completely locked down cities using the iron rule of authoritarianism in order to prevent the spread. South Korea was able to mobilize 10,000 tests per day in order to get an accurate assessment of the situation. Asians are just better at this than we are. Maybe it's all the fish they eat.

Meanwhile our Congress is talking about recess while POTUS whines on twitter about the global scheme of the democrats to bring down the world economy in order to hurt his reelection.

I support Trump's payroll tax hiatus, and any other stimulus that offers relief to those who can't afford to miss work and could potentially further the spread due to financial constraints. Hopefully neither McConnell nor Pelosi get in the way of that. I'm not holding my breath.
    If we're not doing mass testing by next week Trump is going to come in for some legitimate criticism.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think a payroll tax cut is a bad idea per say. It's never wrong to give American consumers more spending power to buy shit during times of economic hardship. My concern, is how to tackle the social distancing issue. Travel and hospitality are getting devastated right now. The "abundance of caution" could end up wrecking far more people's lives than the virus itself. Imagine being @PurpleBaze trying to make a living driving Uber this summer in Seattle.

Some of us called that an irrational panic fueled for political gain.

Others are mad at Trump for not joining in

There's no mutual exclusivity here. One can think it's an irrational panic and argue that Donnie's tweeting is a bad look and counter productive. I guess you want him to loose in Nov. Sad.
    Trump's tweets are the only place yo can go to get the other side of the story. The entire media as always joins the democrat narrative

It is a fact that Trump acted first and right while the democrats were calling him a racist

Trump is not going to let them set the narrative so he does lose in November

The smartest thing Trump does is not take advice from those who want him to lose and those who are losers themselves. If Trump listened to Never Trumpers like you we would never have had Trump

I've said numerous times here post 2016 that Donnie has some degree of intuitive political genius that was perfectly suited for the moment (along with an incredibly weak Dem nominee). I may even end up voting for the jack ass in Nov depending on how things play out. I'm in no rush to make up my mind.

Trump is not infallible regardless of what you think of Never Trumpers. Criticism of him does not = rooting for Dems or hating America.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I don't think a payroll tax cut is a bad idea per say. It's never wrong to give American consumers more spending power to buy shit during times of economic hardship. My concern, is how to tackle the social distancing issue. Travel and hospitality are getting devastated right now. The "abundance of caution" could end up wrecking far more people's lives than the virus itself. Imagine being @PurpleBaze trying to make a living driving Uber this summer in Seattle.

There's no mutual exclusivity here. One can think it's an irrational panic and argue that Donnie's tweeting is a bad look and counter productive. I guess you want him to loose in Nov. Sad.
    Trump's tweets are the only place yo can go to get the other side of the story. The entire media as always joins the democrat narrative

It is a fact that Trump acted first and right while the democrats were calling him a racist

The smartest thing Trump does is not take advice from those who want him to lose and those who are losers themselves. If Trump listened to Never Trumpers like you we would never have had Trump

I've said numerous times here post 2016 that Donnie has some degree of intuitive political genius that was perfectly suited for the moment (along with an incredibly weak Dem nominee). I may even end up voting for the jack ass in Nov depending on how things play out. I'm in no rush to make up my mind.

Trump is not infallible regardless of what you think of Never Trumpers. Criticism of him does not = rooting for Dems or hating America.
    Why do you hate America and the flag?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

My grandpappy stormed the beaches of Normandy. I'm good.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

My grandpappy stormed the beaches of Normandy. I'm good.
    I'd whip your grandpappy's ass if we were fighting over a package of toilet paper.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The US would need to first have as many cases. And we're not going to be like the Chi Coms

Asians start these flu scares

Trump restricted travel back in December
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The US would need to first have as many cases. And we're not going to be like the Chi Coms

January 31
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/business/china-travel-coronavirus.html

Did he do anything else to prepare for the epidemic like ramp up testing, prepare containment plans, or help hospitals get ready for the onslaught of new patients?

• Options
    Standard Supporter

January 31

Did he do anything else to prepare for the epidemic like ramp up testing, prepare containment plans, or help hospitals get ready for the onslaught of new patients?

Did you call him a racist when he imposed the travel ban?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

January 31

You tell me. You seem to have my comment history memorized.

#Obsessed
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Iranian Pat Robertson

I don't think God or Allah wants to plague people anymore. We're in a new age
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,219
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

If we're not doing mass testing by next week Trump is going to come in for some legitimate criticism.
    I think he's open to that criticism already Bob. How were we a month or more behind South Korea on that front?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I think he's open to that criticism already Bob. How were we a month or more behind South Korea on that front?
    Because the CDC fucked up.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

January 31

You tell me. You seem to have my comment history memorized.

#Obsessed
    Yeah, it must suck to be held accountable for the lies and bullshit you've spewed here.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The Iranian Pat Robertson

I don't think God or Allah wants to plague people anymore. We're in a new age
    He found out he was part Chinese the hard way.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Bob always gives himself an out when he's considering criticizing dear leader. I'm old enough to remember when he said Trump should be impeached if he withheld Ukraine aid for his own political benefit. Of course when it comes down to it he always falls back in line to suck off orange man.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Because the CDC fucked up.
    Always someone else's fault. Trump is above all criticism.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2020

SFGbob said:

Bob always gives himself an out when he's considering criticizing dear leader. I'm old enough to remember when he said Trump should be impeached if he withheld Ukraine aid for his own political benefit. Of course when it comes down to it he always falls back in line to suck off orange man.
    I'm old enough to remember you lying about what I fucking said. Tell us more about how Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress Kunt and how the Steele Dossier was nothing but a right-wing tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Time for you to run and hide like a Kunt again IC.