Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kikaha Comments on Petersen

Petersen let Kikaha do a study abroad program and miss winter workouts because it was very important to him and felt Kikaha earned it with an excellent GPA.

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209459172

“First of all, I think it says a lot about him as a person and as a coach,” Kikaha said Tuesday of Petersen. “Immediately, as soon as he gets here, he allows a player to leave and pursue his academic goals far away? That is something that is super uncommon in college football.

“It meant a lot to me. I was very shocked. And pleased. I felt like I had a lot of respect for him right off the bat. Him being different, him allowing these kids of pursuits and him being interested in his players for more than just football, that is so huge to me and to our team.”

The story also noted that before Petersen got here this was basically a no-go for Kikaha.

This slow stream of Petersen anecdotes will be a small flurry in a year or two. If you care about your players off the field they will be more inclined to go that extra mile on it.

Comments