Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Baseman and Stalin will be podcasting tonight at 8pm

13»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

When is going ATM not appropriate?

Have you learned nothing from pump
    Who?
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Gladstone said:

Disclaimer I am VP of Baseman fan club so do not take this personally TIA

Talk more about this magical conversation Pete had with Rapp at halftime, and how you and only you with your Superman-esque hearing powers you could tell what the conversation was about. Also talk about how Rapp should have broadcasted his injury to every team that interviewed him pre-draft instead of, you know, telling them he was healthy and ready to go. I mean, who wouldn't want to throw away millions of potential dollars lol!!!! Talk about Rapp's performance in the 2016 conference championship game, and about 20 other ones where he was the pivotal figure on a D that restored UW to relevancy for the first time in 25 fucking years.

The disrespect is unreal for what should be an all time great UW player. Fact: he was injured in the Utah championship game (you can even see the moment it happens in the 4Q). Fact: his injury made his pro day numbers trash. Supposition: he willingly sat out the Rose Bowl to save his draft money. Supposition: Pete asked Rapp to go in the 2H and was told no.

Maybe you didn’t read the article I posted the last time you brought this up. He’s not one to make an excuse but he does. He says he was running 4.5s pre-combine. No mention of an injury. Lawyer Milloy, Shane Paukoha and Millen knew pre-game. The coaches kept it under wraps so Ohio State wouldn’t find out. Obviously they figured it out quick. NOC about Pac12 trophies other than they’re a means to an NY6 Bowl Game.

Rapp said that during the training he has done in the past three months at the EXOS Athletes’ Performance Institute in Phoenix – including preparation for the NFL Scouting Combine – he was “tracking 4.5, slowest 4.6, even on a laser time, not even hand time like at the pro day.”

Even after the combine, pre-pro day, I was tracking 4.5, the slowest was low 4.6s’
    Anybody can go talk to the trainers out there, and they’ll tell you the same thing,” Rapp said. “And then even after the combine, pre-pro day, I was tracking 4.5, the slowest was low 4.6s. I don’t know. It is what it is, I ran what I ran. There’s nothing I can do about it now.
    “I’m never one to make an excuse
    , but I’ll just say turn on the tape and the tape speaks for itself. I play fast, I’m never out of position. I’m always making tackles, never missing a tackle, never getting beat, never out of position. So I would just say look at the tape … I think that’s all that matters.”
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605

Baseman said:

Gladstone said:

Talk more about this magical conversation Pete had with Rapp at halftime, and how you and only you with your Superman-esque hearing powers you could tell what the conversation was about. Also talk about how Rapp should have broadcasted his injury to every team that interviewed him pre-draft instead of, you know, telling them he was healthy and ready to go. I mean, who wouldn't want to throw away millions of potential dollars lol!!!! Talk about Rapp's performance in the 2016 conference championship game, and about 20 other ones where he was the pivotal figure on a D that restored UW to relevancy for the first time in 25 fucking years.

The disrespect is unreal for what should be an all time great UW player. Fact: he was injured in the Utah championship game (you can even see the moment it happens in the 4Q). Fact: his injury made his pro day numbers trash. Supposition: he willingly sat out the Rose Bowl to save his draft money. Supposition: Pete asked Rapp to go in the 2H and was told no.

Maybe you didn’t read the article I posted the last time you brought this up. He’s not one to make an excuse but he does. He says he was running 4.5s pre-combine. No mention of an injury. Lawyer Milloy, Shane Paukoha and Millen knew pre-game. The coaches kept it under wraps so Ohio State wouldn’t find out. Obviously they figured it out quick. NOC about Pac12 trophies other than they’re a means to an NY6 Bowl Game.

Rapp said that during the training he has done in the past three months at the EXOS Athletes’ Performance Institute in Phoenix – including preparation for the NFL Scouting Combine – he was “tracking 4.5, slowest 4.6, even on a laser time, not even hand time like at the pro day.”

Even after the combine, pre-pro day, I was tracking 4.5, the slowest was low 4.6s’
    Anybody can go talk to the trainers out there, and they’ll tell you the same thing,” Rapp said. “And then even after the combine, pre-pro day, I was tracking 4.5, the slowest was low 4.6s. I don’t know. It is what it is, I ran what I ran. There’s nothing I can do about it now.
    , but I’ll just say turn on the tape and the tape speaks for itself. I play fast, I’m never out of position. I’m always making tackles, never missing a tackle, never getting beat, never out of position. So I would just say look at the tape … I think that’s all that matters.”

Boxes full of podcasts!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

Michael Jackson probably. Freddie Mercury has great stage presence too. I haven’t seen enough video of the rest of the list.

I like Nirvana but Cobain wasn’t a great frontman. Lacked the energy and showmanship. I’ve said before, Scott Weiland was the best live frontman of a 90’s rock band. Pearl Jam with Eddie Vedder climbing the towers is #2.

I like Alice n Chains, Soundgarden, and Nirvana (in that order) better than Pearl Jam and STP, but none of the three had great live performers with the frontmen.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

How hard will it be for UW to buy out Donovan’s contract after year 1?

Not hard. I hate when people really use money as an excuse. Good and winning program’s pay for themselves. If the Cuogs can pay Leach $3.5 million, UW can afford a $1 mil buyout for an OC.

UW doesn’t win enough, they suck at marketing, and the game day atmosphere could be a lot better. Winning isn’t demanded, it’s a luxury. 8-5 with high graduation rates is fine for them. It’s definitely frustrating as a fan.
    perfect post.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Are you doing that trip and HCH circle jerk in VA this year or not?

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Are you doing that trip and HCH circle jerk in VAN this year or not?

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Michael Jackson probably. Freddie Mercury has great stage presence too. I haven’t seen enough video of the rest of the list.

I like Nirvana but Cobain wasn’t a great frontman. Lacked the energy and showmanship. I’ve said before, Scott Weiland was the best live frontman of a 90’s rock band. Pearl Jam with Eddie Vedder climbing the towers is #2.

I like Alice n Chains, Soundgarden, and Nirvana (in that order) better than Pearl Jam and STP, but none of the three had great live performers with the frontmen.
    Jimmi. Fuck the rest. Even Elvis and the kid from Aberdeen.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

*Jimi
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Gladstone said:

This is true. Hoffman, Milloy and Pahukoa continue to confirm.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

*Jimi
    Jimmi I says.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

*Jimi
    Jimminyi I says.