Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Hop Loses Out

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

End of Hop’s pressed today ... doesn’t sound like a dude that’s nailing it in

Also obvious that this is a huge monkey off everybody’s back

Beat the 11th team in the PAC 12. They are probably also a team that quits every game at the first sign of trouble and has blown leads. Big win!
    Kal is suck and remaining game at home is against the 4 players left standing for Cuog. Cuog depants'd Hop when they had 5 healthy players.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Beat the Coug nothing else matters
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Beat the Coug nothing else matters

Solid trolling, but who really gives a shit?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Don't feel like making a thread so I'll post it here.

UW basketball is currently 13-15 yet is ranked 57th in KenPom (353/353 in the luck rating)

UW football went 8-5 yet finished 16th in SP+

If you told us before the year what the advanced stats would be, it would be a little disappointing, but understandable. Instead, we got run over by a train. What a depressing year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don't feel like making a thread so I'll post it here.

UW basketball is currently 13-15 yet is ranked 57th in KenPom (353/353 in the luck rating)

UW football went 8-5 yet finished 16th in SP+

If you told us before the year what the advanced stats would be, it would be a little disappointing, but understandable. Instead, we got run over by a train. What a depressing year.

We should have more wins, but seriously, the program is in dire straights. It’s not looking good. Don’t care that Hop really tries, etc. I’m not sure that energy and tearing up really means you’re trying anyways. There is absolutely no excuse for having zero commits right now. That’s the real reason Hop should be fired, no questions asked.

That’s just as bad as the season has been. We are losing our best player and really the only truly really good player on the team. We might not be last in the PAC 12 next year but I would put a tournament birth at about 5%. A ton would have to go right and players would have to make massive improvement.

The front court depth is dogshit. We don’t have any playmakers besides Quade (if he returns) and Tsohonis. We lack shooting too.
  • Options
    IceManLikeGervinIceManLikeGervin Member Posts: 331
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2020
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Early in the game last night I thought that Jaden was going to foul out in 15 minutes ... I was wrong ... took 16 minutes

Jaden got called for some bullshit ticky tacky fouls it's like the refs were targeting him word to Ed Rush. Jaden had 18 pts, 15 rebs in their first meeting and the Pac 12 couldn't let the UW upset a tournament (NCAA, NIT) bound team. Pac 12 basketball is a business and the refs are doing Larry Scott's bidding. The faster Jaden is in the NBA the better for him because Pac 12 refs are as crooked as they come.
    If Jaden goes to the NBA after this year, with his current maturity level, he'll be going up/down between the NBA and G-League for the next 2 years minimum. He also will have a good chance of washing out of the league at the end of his rookie contract and turning into an overseas player just like Tony Wroten.

But go ahead and suck him off like he's this innocent victim that just has had everybody against him all year ... it's an absolute dog shit take.
    You sound stuck on stupid- rewind it and loop it. Some people just hate to see a young brother rich. Jaden in 3 years when his body fills out at the age of 22 will be just scratching the surface of his immense talent as he can focus on basketball 24/7 with no classes or class work to get in the way. Jaden is a gym rat who will only improve over time as long as he stays healthy. Tony Wroten Jr who is currently playing in Spain is a multi millionaire and still young enough to make it back to the NBA. Fyi I don't suck anyone off I leave that drama for ya mama...
    Let's get real here ...

I'm all for EVERYBODY getting rich ... so you can shove any racist insinuations straight up your ass

Jaden may be scratching the surface of the talent that he has ... everything you say may be true. I don't question his raw talent. But what I see on the court are habits that are borderline lazy and indifferent. He has shown very little about his game that looks NBA ready. Instead he consistently shows immaturity that instead of being solved by going pro are only going to be accentuated. His year at UW reminds me a lot of Tony Wroten ... both immensely talented if you caught them at the right moment. If you caught them on a bad moment you'd see players that relied upon their athleticism their entire prep career and upon getting to higher levels where their athleticism was no longer a difference maker they looked lost. I hope Jaden makes it ... I really do. My comments are never personal. But he's got a long way to go and falling under the crutch of blaming being a student as getting in the way isn't a viewpoint that does any favors.

If Tony wasn't a multi millionaire it'd be a shame. A first round pick should be able to have money to take care of them the balance of their life if they are smart with it. You can make some decent $$$ in Europe - there's no shame in that. I'd be surprised though if Tony ever made it back to the NBA in a meaningful way ... the fact that he's never really learned how to shoot from the perimeter on a consistent basis is a terrible match for the modern game.

Too many people see a talented kid and just assume that they going to make it big and get all the riches in the world. News flash for most is that the odds of making that upper echelon of professional sports where you make stupid life changing money is low. The best chance to be able to do that is to put oneself in the best position possible upon arriving in the NBA. The NBA is a grown ass man league that doesn't have a long leash on apprentice opportunities. You don't get rich on your 1st contract ... you get rich on your 2nd contract and beyond.

I love getting pegged.

Recognize game...
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Early in the game last night I thought that Jaden was going to foul out in 15 minutes ... I was wrong ... took 16 minutes

Jaden got called for some bullshit ticky tacky fouls it's like the refs were targeting him word to Ed Rush. Jaden had 18 pts, 15 rebs in their first meeting and the Pac 12 couldn't let the UW upset a tournament (NCAA, NIT) bound team. Pac 12 basketball is a business and the refs are doing Larry Scott's bidding. The faster Jaden is in the NBA the better for him because Pac 12 refs are as crooked as they come.
    If Jaden goes to the NBA after this year, with his current maturity level, he'll be going up/down between the NBA and G-League for the next 2 years minimum. He also will have a good chance of washing out of the league at the end of his rookie contract and turning into an overseas player just like Tony Wroten.

But go ahead and suck him off like he's this innocent victim that just has had everybody against him all year ... it's an absolute dog shit take.
    You sound stuck on stupid- rewind it and loop it. Some people just hate to see a young brother rich. Jaden in 3 years when his body fills out at the age of 22 will be just scratching the surface of his immense talent as he can focus on basketball 24/7 with no classes or class work to get in the way. Jaden is a gym rat who will only improve over time as long as he stays healthy. Tony Wroten Jr who is currently playing in Spain is a multi millionaire and still young enough to make it back to the NBA. Fyi I don't suck anyone off I leave that drama for ya mama...
    Let's get real here ...

I'm all for EVERYBODY getting rich ... so you can shove any racist insinuations straight up your ass

Jaden may be scratching the surface of the talent that he has ... everything you say may be true. I don't question his raw talent. But what I see on the court are habits that are borderline lazy and indifferent. He has shown very little about his game that looks NBA ready. Instead he consistently shows immaturity that instead of being solved by going pro are only going to be accentuated. His year at UW reminds me a lot of Tony Wroten ... both immensely talented if you caught them at the right moment. If you caught them on a bad moment you'd see players that relied upon their athleticism their entire prep career and upon getting to higher levels where their athleticism was no longer a difference maker they looked lost. I hope Jaden makes it ... I really do. My comments are never personal. But he's got a long way to go and falling under the crutch of blaming being a student as getting in the way isn't a viewpoint that does any favors.

If Tony wasn't a multi millionaire it'd be a shame. A first round pick should be able to have money to take care of them the balance of their life if they are smart with it. You can make some decent $$$ in Europe - there's no shame in that. I'd be surprised though if Tony ever made it back to the NBA in a meaningful way ... the fact that he's never really learned how to shoot from the perimeter on a consistent basis is a terrible match for the modern game.

Too many people see a talented kid and just assume that they going to make it big and get all the riches in the world. News flash for most is that the odds of making that upper echelon of professional sports where you make stupid life changing money is low. The best chance to be able to do that is to put oneself in the best position possible upon arriving in the NBA. The NBA is a grown ass man league that doesn't have a long leash on apprentice opportunities. You don't get rich on your 1st contract ... you get rich on your 2nd contract and beyond.

Booty hole lovers always talk about shoving something up one's ass.

The lowest selected NBA Lottery pick will bank just over 10 million before taxes at the very least in their 1st 3 seasons with the 4th season being a team option. Add in any endorsement money and a person can be set for life and live very comfortably off of their 1st contract if they invest it wisely and don't over spend. A player can make more money from endorsements than from playing on a NBA rookie contract.

Recognize game...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Let's get real here ...

I love getting pegged.

Recognize game...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fugazy mofo'ers always talk about shoving something up one's ass.

The lowest selected NBA Lottery pick will bank just over 10 million before taxes at the very least in their 1st 3 seasons with the 4th season being a team option. Add in any endorsement money and a person can be set for life and live very comfortably off of their 1st contract if they invest it wisely and don't over spend. A player can make more money from endorsements than from playing on a NBA rookie contract.

Recognize game...
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Butt hole superiority guy?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This meltdown was different different
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,829
    Founders Club