Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Hop Loses Out

Comments

• IceManLikeGervinIceManLikeGervin Member Posts: 331
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2020
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Early in the game last night I thought that Jaden was going to foul out in 15 minutes ... I was wrong ... took 16 minutes

Jaden got called for some bullshit ticky tacky fouls it's like the refs were targeting him word to Ed Rush. Jaden had 18 pts, 15 rebs in their first meeting and the Pac 12 couldn't let the UW upset a tournament (NCAA, NIT) bound team. Pac 12 basketball is a business and the refs are doing Larry Scott's bidding. The faster Jaden is in the NBA the better for him because Pac 12 refs are as crooked as they come.
    If Jaden goes to the NBA after this year, with his current maturity level, he'll be going up/down between the NBA and G-League for the next 2 years minimum. He also will have a good chance of washing out of the league at the end of his rookie contract and turning into an overseas player just like Tony Wroten.

But go ahead and suck him off like he's this innocent victim that just has had everybody against him all year ... it's an absolute dog shit take.
    You sound stuck on stupid- rewind it and loop it. Some people just hate to see a young brother rich. Jaden in 3 years when his body fills out at the age of 22 will be just scratching the surface of his immense talent as he can focus on basketball 24/7 with no classes or class work to get in the way. Jaden is a gym rat who will only improve over time as long as he stays healthy. Tony Wroten Jr who is currently playing in Spain is a multi millionaire and still young enough to make it back to the NBA. Fyi I don't suck anyone off I leave that drama for ya mama...

Tequilla said:

Early in the game last night I thought that Jaden was going to foul out in 15 minutes ... I was wrong ... took 16 minutes

Jaden got called for some bullshit ticky tacky fouls it's like the refs were targeting him word to Ed Rush. Jaden had 18 pts, 15 rebs in their first meeting and the Pac 12 couldn't let the UW upset a tournament (NCAA, NIT) bound team. Pac 12 basketball is a business and the refs are doing Larry Scott's bidding. The faster Jaden is in the NBA the better for him because Pac 12 refs are as crooked as they come.
    Dude. Actual wtf. Yes, Pac 12 refs suck. That is not why McDaniels sucks. Nobody gives a shit about the Baylor game anymore. How could you?
    Jaden had 18 pts and 15 rebs in the first Stanford game Sherlock, get a clue...
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If Jaden goes to the NBA after this year, with his current maturity level, he'll be going up/down between the NBA and G-League for the next 2 years minimum. He also will have a good chance of washing out of the league at the end of his rookie contract and turning into an overseas player just like Tony Wroten.

But go ahead and suck him off like he's this innocent victim that just has had everybody against him all year ... it's an absolute dog shit take.
    You sound stuck on stupid- rewind it and loop it. Some people just hate to see a young brother rich. Jaden in 3 years when his body fills out at the age of 22 will be just scratching the surface of his immense talent as he can focus on basketball 24/7 with no classes or class work to get in the way. Jaden is a gym rat who will only improve over time as long as he stays healthy. Tony Wroten Jr who is currently playing in Spain is a multi millionaire and still young enough to make it back to the NBA. Fyi I don't suck anyone off I leave that drama for ya mama...
    Let's get real here ...

I'm all for EVERYBODY getting rich ... so you can shove any racist insinuations straight up your ass

Jaden may be scratching the surface of the talent that he has ... everything you say may be true. I don't question his raw talent. But what I see on the court are habits that are borderline lazy and indifferent. He has shown very little about his game that looks NBA ready. Instead he consistently shows immaturity that instead of being solved by going pro are only going to be accentuated. His year at UW reminds me a lot of Tony Wroten ... both immensely talented if you caught them at the right moment. If you caught them on a bad moment you'd see players that relied upon their athleticism their entire prep career and upon getting to higher levels where their athleticism was no longer a difference maker they looked lost. I hope Jaden makes it ... I really do. My comments are never personal. But he's got a long way to go and falling under the crutch of blaming being a student as getting in the way isn't a viewpoint that does any favors.

If Tony wasn't a multi millionaire it'd be a shame. A first round pick should be able to have money to take care of them the balance of their life if they are smart with it. You can make some decent $$$ in Europe - there's no shame in that. I'd be surprised though if Tony ever made it back to the NBA in a meaningful way ... the fact that he's never really learned how to shoot from the perimeter on a consistent basis is a terrible match for the modern game.

Too many people see a talented kid and just assume that they going to make it big and get all the riches in the world. News flash for most is that the odds of making that upper echelon of professional sports where you make stupid life changing money is low. The best chance to be able to do that is to put oneself in the best position possible upon arriving in the NBA. The NBA is a grown ass man league that doesn't have a long leash on apprentice opportunities. You don't get rich on your 1st contract ... you get rich on your 2nd contract and beyond.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Let's get real here ...

I'm all for EVERYBODY getting rich ... so you can shove any racist insinuations straight up your ass

Jaden may be scratching the surface of the talent that he has ... everything you say may be true. I don't question his raw talent. But what I see on the court are habits that are borderline lazy and indifferent. He has shown very little about his game that looks NBA ready. Instead he consistently shows immaturity that instead of being solved by going pro are only going to be accentuated. His year at UW reminds me a lot of Tony Wroten ... both immensely talented if you caught them at the right moment. If you caught them on a bad moment you'd see players that relied upon their athleticism their entire prep career and upon getting to higher levels where their athleticism was no longer a difference maker they looked lost. I hope Jaden makes it ... I really do. My comments are never personal. But he's got a long way to go and falling under the crutch of blaming being a student as getting in the way isn't a viewpoint that does any favors.

If Tony wasn't a multi millionaire it'd be a shame. A first round pick should be able to have money to take care of them the balance of their life if they are smart with it. You can make some decent $$$ in Europe - there's no shame in that. I'd be surprised though if Tony ever made it back to the NBA in a meaningful way ... the fact that he's never really learned how to shoot from the perimeter on a consistent basis is a terrible match for the modern game.

Too many people see a talented kid and just assume that they going to make it big and get all the riches in the world. News flash for most is that the odds of making that upper echelon of professional sports where you make stupid life changing money is low. The best chance to be able to do that is to put oneself in the best position possible upon arriving in the NBA. The NBA is a grown ass man league that doesn't have a long leash on apprentice opportunities. You don't get rich on your 1st contract ... you get rich on your 2nd contract and beyond.

Faggot ass fugazy mofo'ers always talk about shoving something up one's ass. To the average person that first NBA contract is considered being rich. A multi millionaire plus any endorsement money. Jaden can invest his NBA checks and live off of his endorsement money if he chooses to do so. A Lottery pick will bank at the very least just over 10 million before taxes off of their 1st contract in the first 3 years as the 4th season is at a team option. That is more than enough money to be set for life. Recognize game...
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Let's get real here ...

Fugazy mofo'ers always talk about shoving something up one's ass.

The lowest selected NBA Lottery pick will bank just over 10 million before taxes at the very least in their 1st 3 seasons with the 4th season being a team option. Add in any endorsement money and a person can be set for life and live very comfortably off of their 1st contract if they invest it wisely and don't over spend. A player can make more money from endorsements than from playing on a NBA rookie contract.

Recognize game...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I liked Wroten more than most but he’s not getting back to the NBA.

I don’t know if McDaniels will last or not. I have doubts he will even go first round. Maybe late first round but he’s a risky pick. He hasn’t been good.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If McDaniels didn't come with all the hype and ratings, he would be right next to Timmons on the bench all season. Mentally soft, poor form on his shot, ball handling is terrible........He sucks..... The fact that The NBA would draft him 1st round says all there is to say about the NBA......garbage

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If Hop was a better player developer i would make the argument that somebody like McDaniels would be best served staying 4 years, because he does have great potential
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dannarc said:

If Hop was a better player developer i would make the argument that somebody like McDaniels would be best served staying 4 years, because he does have great potential

If McDaniels was at all concerned about player development and a 10 year NBA career, he'd GTFO of there right now and move 300 miles due east.

But the wunderkind has been told for years that he's a one and done so there you have it.

And if Mama McDaniels is still poasting, she should reach out to this guy on what happens sitting out a year developing one's game because he is going to make the big money for a long, long time (barring injury):

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3906665/brandon-clarke
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

If McDaniels didn't come with all the hype and ratings, he would be right next to Timmons on the bench all season. Mentally soft, poor form on his shot, ball handling is terrible........He sucks..... The fact that The NBA would draft him 1st round says all there is to say about the NBA......garbage

NBA doesn’t care. Cam Reddish shot like 33% at Duke from the field. He was still picked 7th or 8th. He’s shooting like 35% in the NBA.

McDaniels is somewhat skilled for his height, but he’s not actually good at nothing. Some team will still probably draft him in the first round and pretend like he has big potential.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    To be fair, assistants matter if their family member is a star player...
  • Like the Cal game ;)
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    End of Hop’s pressed today ... doesn’t sound like a dude that’s nailing it in

Also obvious that this is a huge monkey off everybody’s back
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Since we are all just telling pointless long IMA basketball stories I wanted to share...

Once I was playing basketball at the IMA.

IT showed up and schooled everyone, he gave my friend a blackeye and dunked on my face for fun. We chatted a bit, was a good guy but definitely not the type you would want your daughter to date.

That night I got drunk and found myself, 2:30 am, outside the Jack in the box (you know which one) vomiting my brains out into a bush. A purple dodge challenger pulls up and rolls down the window and its IT.

He recognized me, laughed, and asked if I was alright, I mumbled "yeah my friends are inside or something". He asked if I wanted a ride, I drunkenly stumbled into his car and tried to tell him where I was living, I distinctly remember him driving on the wrong side of the ave because Im pretty sure he was drunk too and I was thinking it would be funny if I died in a drunken car accident with IT on the ave.

I couldnt find my place so he ended up pulling up to some apartments and Taylor Romar was outside, she let me in, Gant and some other cheerleaders were drinking but it was a very chill relaxed atmosphere, I chatted up some other cheerleader, I ended up disappointing her in the bathroom because the whiskey dick game was too strong that night. But I did obtain the n-word pass for a glorious few hours so not everything was bad.

After the disappointment/failure, sometime after 4am I stumbled home. I got back to my apartment, somehow, I have no idea. I opened the door, surprised I didnt lock it and there was some dude I had never seen before in my apartment. I thought about fighting him for a split second but I was too drunk. He helped me over to the couch and said its cool. I thought it was funny but promptly passed out on the couch.

I woke up a few hours later confused out of my mind. My apartment had different decor and the TV was missing. At first I figured the guy took the TV while I was drunk but when I got up to grab some water and Advil and the contents of my fridge were completely different. Still drunk, standing in the kitchen, I realized I was not in my apartment. I quietly let myself out of apartment #208 and made my way to my apartment #308.

I never saw #208 guy again, despite living there for another 6 months, but he was a chill guy that let me sleep on his couch, and for that he will always be remembered whenever people talk about their IMA basketball glory days.

Holy shit, the whole rest of this AIDS thred was made worthwhile by this poast. TYFYS @Houhusky
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

End of Hop’s pressed today ... doesn’t sound like a dude that’s nailing it in

Also obvious that this is a huge monkey off everybody’s back

Hes not mailing it in. He just sucks. The team is mailing it in. They will probably beat WSU at home next week and people will start the "running the table" talk (which has actually already started).

Then they will get blasted in their last 3 games and the season will be over but everyone will remember those 3 conference games they won and talk about how we'd be a final four team if Quade Green stayed eligible.