Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Donte Williams leaving for USC job

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited February 2020 in Duck Refuge

Comments

• Options
    Good for him. He can focus on L.A. The only thing he should be worried about is, the Trojans are a Slovis injury away from 3-9.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see who CMC chooses as his replacement. I don’t think it will be any of the people whose names have surfaced so far. I don’t see CMC rushing this. NSD is over, all of our secondary commits are signed. Our first game is over half a year away and Keith Heyward has big shoulders.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2020
    DJDuck said:

It will be interesting to see who CMC chooses as his replacement. I don’t think it will be any of the people whose names have surfaced so far. I don’t see CMC rushing this. NSD is over, all of our secondary commits are signed. Our first game is over half a year away and Keith Heyward has big shoulders.

It needs to be somebody with a L.A. background. Oregon was fortunate enough to along with Washington rob the L.A. market the last two years. By the time USC has the chance for a good product on the field, Helton and his entire staff will already be fired.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

Mario has done an excellent job hiring assistants so not too concerned. Kind of an odd career move though for Williams. Seems like Avalos is going to get poached eventually so there will be opportunities on the defensive staff. Hope the cash grab (assuming he’s getting a significant raise) is worth it.
  • Options
    FWIW, One of the things mentioned by Coach Williams is that his Dad is old and his health was failing. He wanted to be close to him.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

FWIW, One of the things mentioned by Coach Williams is that his Dad is old and his health was failing. He wanted to be close to him.

Yes, but he didn't really have to end an otherwise ostensibly sincere Tweet with a "Time to win back the West" or something along those lines. Sheesh...!
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    edited February 2020
    DJDuck said:
    Ailing father... Gets a pass IMO. Head scratcher of a career move absent that detail. Oregon will be fine. USC is still a smoking crater as long as Helton stays.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

DJDuck said:

Yes, but he didn't really have to end an otherwise ostensibly sincere Tweet with a "Time to win back the West" or something along those lines. Sheesh...!
    What the fuck is he supposed to say on a tweet that his new fan base will see? Fight On For Continued Mediocrity?

Good for him that he gets to have an opportunity to be close to his family. We rode his slick recruiting style to two great secondary classes, and both benefited from the arrangement.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DJDuck said:

What the fuck is he supposed to say on a tweet that his new fan base will see? Fight On For Continued Mediocrity?

Good for him that he gets to have an opportunity to be close to his family. We rode his slick recruiting style to two great secondary classes, and both benefited from the arrangement.
    You're gonna need to gtfo of here with that level headed perspective.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    DJDuck said:

Ahhhh makes a lot of sense then and good for him that he has the opportunity to be closer to family. Thanks for the info Deej.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm happy for my UO fan frens. Now you guys can start hating this fuckhead too.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

I'm happy for my UO fan frens. Now you guys can start hating this fuckhead too.

Classic mean post by you-know-hoo.