Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Episode 2

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,196
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My employer finally gave me the time to give episode 2 a listen. It got a little dark there with Derek mentioning his late sister and 9/11. But that's life and it cannot be ignored or forgotten.

Gained a little more perspective on your program, all the Rose Bowels and such. Jimmy or bust huh? Damn.

Easy to blame L. Scott for the Pac-12 money problems but I also see it as a supply and demand situation. Look at Pac-12 attendance, it's shit as fuck. Bottom of the P5s, can only assume the same regarding TV sets. Sure, Larry or someone else could do a little better but I contend the problem isn't all Larry, it's viewership.

I hope you guys do a deep dive on this in Episode 3. I'd like to see a TV rating, stadium attendance vs dollars per school kind of comparison. I think we'll see we are right in line with Big 12 and a little better than the ACC.

I did a quick check for average attendance, not sure of the year, I think it's 2018 but I'm sure nothin's changed.

SEC 74k
    BIG 65k
    XII 56k
    ACC 48.4k
    PAC 46.6K

Hell, Larry might be punching above his weight class if we have dollars per school better that ACC and not too out of line with the XII.

Same with TV money, just something I quickly searched.

The new TV deal package will likely push the SEC past the Big Ten ($759 million) as the leader in annual revenue among the Power Five conferences. The Big 12 reported $373.9 million in revenue, while the Pac-12 pulled in $497 million and the ACC raked in $465 million. The Big Ten paid out $54 million to each of its 14 members, and the ten Big 12 schools earned $34.7 million apiece. The Pac-12 and ACC dished out $29.5 million per school.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/SEC-college-football-TV-contract-CBS-ESPN-ABC-revenue-140925524/

Maybe instead of getting rid of Larry the discussion should be LEAVE the Pac-12 and jump to the BIG or XII, completely dividing the Pac-12 up among the other 4?

I don't even know if it's plausible, contracts and stuff, but that's why I donate to you fucks - figure it out.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    89ute said:

My employer finally gave me the time to give episode 2 a listen. It got a little dark there with Derek mentioning his late sister and 9/11. But that's life and it cannot be ignored or forgotten.

Gained a little more perspective on your program, all the Rose Bowels and such. Jimmy or bust huh? Damn.

Easy to blame L. Scott for the Pac-12 money problems but I also see it as a supply and demand situation. Look at Pac-12 attendance, it's shit as fuck. Bottom of the P5s, can only assume the same regarding TV sets. Sure, Larry or someone else could do a little better but I contend the problem isn't all Larry, it's viewership.

I hope you guys do a deep dive on this in Episode 3. I'd like to see a TV rating, stadium attendance vs dollars per school kind of comparison. I think we'll see we are right in line with Big 12 and a little better than the ACC.

I did a quick check for average attendance, not sure of the year, I think it's 2018 but I'm sure nothin's changed.

SEC 74k
    BIG 65k
    XII 56k
    ACC 48.4k
    PAC 46.6K

Hell, Larry might be punching above his weight class if we have dollars per school better that ACC and not too out of line with the XII.

Same with TV money, just something I quickly searched.

The new TV deal package will likely push the SEC past the Big Ten ($759 million) as the leader in annual revenue among the Power Five conferences. The Big 12 reported $373.9 million in revenue, while the Pac-12 pulled in $497 million and the ACC raked in $465 million. The Big Ten paid out $54 million to each of its 14 members, and the ten Big 12 schools earned $34.7 million apiece. The Pac-12 and ACC dished out $29.5 million per school.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/SEC-college-football-TV-contract-CBS-ESPN-ABC-revenue-140925524/

Maybe instead of getting rid of Larry the discussion should be LEAVE the Pac-12 and jump to the BIG or XII, completely dividing the Pac-12 up among the other 4?

I don't even know if it's plausible, contracts and stuff, but that's why I donate to you fucks - figure it out.

I’m actually starting to come around to this way of thinking.

WSU, OSU would also probably be a better fit in the WAC.