Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I've been outTrumped. Tip of the hat to you.

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,085
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ha ha. Good to know people on both sides of the aisle take their commander in chief too seriously. Or atleast, have money to burn on personalized plates with politicians names on them. I thought the guy I saw with an Obama plate in Seattle was certifiable as well. Sadly this guys vote won't matter in Illinois.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Ha ha. Good to know people on both sides of the aisle take their commander in chief too seriously. Or atleast, have money to burn on personalized plates with politicians names on them. I thought the guy I saw with an Obama plate in Seattle was certifiable as well. Sadly this guys vote won't matter in Illinois.

Wouldn't it be nice if all votes mattered?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Hope he has a 10 dollar deductible. One-under on that car being defaced in Portland would be in hours.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wouldn’t it be nice if you learned how the electoral college protects the individual from mob rule.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Lazy dodo is the ultimate free sh*tter. He thinks two votes for your sh*t versus your one vote is fair.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752

47 states wouldn't matter at all if you got your way, idiot.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

You mean like they do in Oregon. Where Kate Brown lost all but 5 Oregon counties but still was elected Governor.

In Oregon, Votes matter in Multnomah County and nowhere else. If we were to go to a popular vote, only New York, California and Texas votes would count. The rest of us would be voting down ballot for our vote to count.

But since Orange man bad. You’re cool with it.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

You mean like they do in Oregon. Where Kate Brown lost all but 5 Oregon counties but still was elected Governor.

In Oregon, Votes matter in Multnomah County and nowhere else. If we were to go to a popular vote, only New York, California and Texas votes would count. The rest of us would be voting down ballot for our vote to count.

You're making no sense. Every vote counts in Oregon's gubernatorial election, just like they would in a national popular vote. Pointing out that dense areas have a relatively large share of the population isn't exactly hard hitting analysis.

Now if you're trying to make the point that a popular vote would result in candidates pandering to dense urban areas and ignoring large swaths of the country, then you're doing a shitty job of articulating that.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

You're making no sense. Every vote counts in Oregon's gubernatorial election, just like they would in a national popular vote. Pointing out that dense areas have a relatively large share of the population isn't exactly hard hitting analysis.

Now if you're trying to make the point that a popular vote would result in candidates pandering to dense urban areas and ignoring large swaths of the country, then you're doing a shitty job of articulating that.
    Knute would have won by 40,000 votes if Multnomah County splits 50/50. It went almost 3 to 1 for Brown. So no. No one else’s vote counted.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

You can't spell Kunty Bitch without KB.

• Options

They do, you fucking dipshit.

Read the Constitution. Basic civics.

If all votes mattered Hillary Clinton would be president. Basic math. I guess as long as vast swaths of baron wasteland get their say in the vote, that's what matters.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,351
    edited February 2020

salemcoog said:

We don't have a popular vote in this country for national elections. There are definite reasons for that. If you are trying to make a case for a popular vote you are doing a very shitty job of it.

We have 50 states with individual representation. We don't have 4 states that rule over the other 46.
    What would be next for rats? States have zero representation in the congressional branch because population centers can elect everyone only they want?
  • Options

salemcoog said:

We don't have a popular vote in this country for national elections. There are definite reasons for that. If you are trying to make a case for a popular vote you are doing a very shitty job of it.

We have 50 states with individual representation. We don't have 4 states that rule over the other 46.
    What would be next for rats? States have zero representation in the congressional branch because population centers can elect everyone only they want?
    Yes Alt, it's better to have 6 or 7 states decide the election rather than 4.

The electoral college wasn't a great idea 200+ years ago. It still isn't.
  • Options

If all votes mattered Hillary Clinton would be president. Basic math. I guess as long as vast swaths of baron wasteland get their say in the vote, that's what matters.
    You are an obstinate peabrain, aren’t you?

All votes count and are counted.

You sure you aren’t a Cuog? You’re whining about putting up more yards but fail to look at the scoreboard. The name of the game is to put points on the board.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

You get 2/3 of the states to amend the Constitution...m’kay?

You are familiar with the US Constitution, right?

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,351

salemcoog said:

Lets walk back your question. I find you to be a very funny, entertaining and intelligent individual on Hardcore Husky. Not that anyone including you care what I think of you. I literally go to every one of your posts to see what you have posted . Now I am questioning all of that.

Did you actually think Owl was familiar with the US Constitution? Not a fucking chance.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,862

salemcoog said:

Lets walk back your question. I find you to be a very funny, entertaining and intelligent individual on Hardcore Husky. Not that anyone including you care what I think of you. I literally go to every one of your posts to see what you have posted . Now I am questioning all of that.

Did you actually think Owl was familiar with the US Constitution? Not a fucking chance.
    Probably knows the "Rules for Radicals" and "Communist Manifesto" by heart.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dodo is a free sh*tter. That's all he knows. Not a man of letters is our lazy bird.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752

Thanks for the Metro-Sexual Geographical analysis. Faggot.