Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

does anyone really give a shit anymore?

124»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Honestly? 100% no bullshit, real talk?

Yes I care. I wouldn’t be on this website if I didn’t.

However, I’ve also made the conscious decision to de-prioritize Husky football. Not renewing my season tickets, not buying anymore fan gear, and in all likelihood won’t go to any of the games.

I went through a period where I was sad about this, but my time and money are precious and I’m not going to waste them on a mediocre season and game day experience.

I obviously will change my tune if the conference, AD, and team fix some things, but so far all the evidence points to “we’re fine with settling for the occasional PAC-12 title or playing in some middling bowl game.”

That’s fine for some fans, but not for me.

So I’ll watch the highlights, pop in here every once and awhile, and live my life.

Baze and I had dinner with a couple of mutual friends on Monday night. We started talking about some of you idiots. One thing we marveled at was @Doog_de_Jour. She has remarkably few posts on here, given how much she hangs out on here. And yet the quality of her posts is so good. Many of us will make ten shitty posts and then finally produce one worthy of many chincredibles. But her posts are consistently so thoughtful and funny. Really good stuff.

All this to say: We should feel thankful she posts here at all.
    Always knew she was the real deal. Didn't need Stalin or Bazey to tell me that.

But then last summer, I think it was, she eliminated any doubt about her place in the HCH Pantheon of greats. During the usual Godfather banter, she came in with a thing of poetic beauty. While perfectly analogizing some of our dynamics here to the Godfather story lines, she dropped the memorable, "Going to the mattresses" line effortlessly into her prose.

I mean, there are guysms here who know their Godfather shit, me included. But she brought in an obscure, esoteric if you will, reference that the average GF aficionado doesn't normally throw out or think about. It was sublime, I tell you.

When she did that, she basically bought me off store shelf with so many nickels and dimes. Like Vito Corleone keeps all those judges and politicians in his pocket, so too am I bought and paid for.

She's one of the greats.
    Your Wam membership remains unbought and unpaid for...
    It's always about the money with you Stalin.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

However, I’ve also made the conscious decision to de-prioritize Husky football. Not renewing my season tickets, not buying anymore fan gear, and in all likelihood won’t go to any of the games.

I went through a period where I was sad about this, but my time and money are precious and I’m not going to waste them on a mediocre season and game day experience.

I obviously will change my tune if the conference, AD, and team fix some things, but so far all the evidence points to “we’re fine with settling for the occasional PAC-12 title or playing in some middling bowl game.”

So I’ll watch the highlights, pop in here every once and awhile, and live my life.

Baze and I had dinner with a couple of mutual friends on Monday night. We started talking about some of you idiots. One thing we marveled at was @Doog_de_Jour. She has remarkably few posts on here, given how much she hangs out on here. And yet the quality of her posts is so good. Many of us will make ten shitty posts and then finally produce one worthy of many chincredibles. But her posts are consistently so thoughtful and funny. Really good stuff.

But then last summer, I think it was, she eliminated any doubt about her place in the HCH Pantheon of greats. During the usual Godfather banter, she came in with a thing of poetic beauty. While perfectly analogizing some of our dynamics here to the Godfather story lines, she dropped the memorable, "Going to the mattresses" line effortlessly into her prose.

I mean, there are guysms here who know their Godfather shit, me included. But she brought in an obscure, esoteric if you will, reference that the average GF aficionado doesn't normally throw out or think about. It was sublime, I tell you.

When she did that, she basically bought me off store shelf with so many nickels and dimes. Like Vito Corleone keeps all those judges and politicians in his pocket, so too am I bought and paid for.

She's one of the greats.
    I know a gal who is a YUGE UW football and rowboat fan. Tremendous writer, Godfather fan and pretend lawyer to boot. I've thought about sending her an invite, but have always been concerned she might not have the stomach for it.
    Great, so now we're fat shaming? Shit's fallen apart since Pup left.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

She's one of the greats.
    I know a gal who is a YUGE UW football and rowboat fan. Tremendous writer, Godfather fan and pretend lawyer to boot. I've thought about sending her an invite, but have always been concerned she might not have the stomach for it.

Let the Throbber be the judge of those abs. I'm a professional.
    Spitting image of "G" at UW. Time has softened things though.

Holy shit, we had 2 black students at the same time?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    MisterEm said:

She's one of the greats.
    Your Wam membership remains unbought and unpaid for...
    I'll pay for the creep next year if he sticks to pretending to be being one of the pooooooors.
    Deal!