Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lil Peep documentary

This doc packs an emotional punch. The executive producer is Terrance Malik and does an excellent job weaving a story about a young artist that many would dismiss simply by his appearance. His music culture I know nothing about, but this dude went from living in LA on Skid Row to modeling in Paris during fashion week in under just a few years. He was on a fast track to global fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7qfPcyaXQ

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    jecornel said:

This doc packs an emotional punch. The executive producer is Terrance Malik and does an excellent job weaving a story about a young artist that many would dismiss simply by his appearance. His music culture I know nothing about, but this dude went from living in LA on Skid Row to modeling in Paris during fashion week in under just a few years. He was on a fast track to global fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7qfPcyaXQ

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    I’ll have to check it out. I was a fan of the kid. He was really just starting to become a star and became an even bigger one after he died.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is this on Netflix @jecornel?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    Standard Supporter

Is this on Netflix @jecornel?

I think it's only available for rental at the moment. iTunes / prime.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    Watched it. It was okay, but didn’t tell me much I didn’t know. I could see if you knew nothing about him how it would be better. His friends were absolute dirtbags and leeches that he needed to get rid of. His management produced the documentary and left out a lot of the accusations about them often supplying drugs when he was touring.

A lot of blaming others by all sides when the reality is nobody forced Peep to do anything. If you’re taking that many drugs, you’re playing with fire.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m still to emotional about Nipsey Hustle to get into this.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Watched it. It was okay, but didn’t tell me much I didn’t know. I could see if you knew nothing about him how it would be better. His friends were absolute dirtbags and leeches that he needed to get rid of. His management produced the documentary and left out a lot of the accusations about them often supplying drugs when he was touring.

A lot of blaming others by all sides when the reality is nobody forced Peep to do anything. If you’re taking that many drugs, you’re playing with fire.

Totally. That amount of drug use will rarely end well. Taking pressed pills? Yikes. I did like his Grandpa. His friend group was grimey as they come. The woman who owned the management group didn't come off very bright.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I seriously thought this was going to be a thread about those stupid Easter marshmallows and why they still exist when everyone hates them.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Totally. That amount of drug use will rarely end well. Taking pressed pills? Yikes. I did like his Grandpa. His friend group was grimey as they come. The woman who owned the management group didn't come off very bright.
    I was pretty fascinated how ugly and grimey many of his friends were. None of those guys are making it. Maybe a producer or two will do well, but that’s it. I realize he had nothing when he got to LA, but still.

The British woman was creepy. She wanted to fuck Peep so bad. They hit the jackpot with him and definitely profited a lot from his death. He was only going to be with them for three years before his deal was up and he would have gotten scooped up by a big label or done it all independently. Money wise, his death helped them out a lot.
    Yep. 100%.. total jackpot. They fucked it up too. Letting a bunch of bafoons run his last tour. She spoke at his funeral and it was beyond cringey.

Ya, his crew was just nasty.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    http://www.pcscus.com/media/catalog/product/m/l/ml-70764-back_3.jpg

I thought this was a thread about nursery rhyme role playing.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I still have no idea who this dumb shit is.

#metoo
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I still have no idea who this dumb shit is.

You would hate him like you hate everyone else.
    🤣🤣