Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee-- Jamie Foxx

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited February 2020 in Yellow Snow's Record Shoppe
These episodes, more often than not, aren't very funny. But I just watched the Jamie Foxx one, and I LOL'd many times. That dude is smart and funny.

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    the Jimmy Fallon double episode was especially awful (but that's expected as Fallon is not funny).

Alec Baldwin was unexpectedtly very funny

Norm MacDonald was hilarious to me when they were talking about how homicide is worse than manslaughter but the name manslaughter suggests it should be way worse
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched a few but Seinfelds patronizing, forced laugh became distracting and I eventually fixated on it to the point I can't enjoy the show. His ever grumpier stand up is great, I don't like him as a host.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’d would be better if they were getting whisky in my opinion
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I watched a few but Seinfelds patronizing, forced laugh became distracting and I eventually fixated on it to the point I can't enjoy the show. His ever grumpier stand up is great, I don't like him as a host.

Jerry had his run. Now he thinks he’s the king of comedy and has so many FS opinions about what is good comedy vs what isn’t.

I still enjoy comedians in cars, but agree with Derek that it’s not very funny most of the time.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jerry had his run. Now he thinks he’s the king of comedy and has so many FS opinions about what is good comedy vs what isn’t.

I still enjoy comedians in cars, but agree with Derek that it’s not very funny most of the time.
    but it's nice that he keeps it to 12-16 minutes (notwithstanding the 30+ minutes that felt like 40 hours of Jimmy Fallon) so you're not being asked to invest a lot of time.

If you want something kind of fun to watch, try Losers on Netflix - really interesting mini series about athlete fails.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

but it's nice that he keeps it to 12-16 minutes (notwithstanding the 30+ minutes that felt like 40 hours of Jimmy Fallon) so you're not being asked to invest a lot of time.

If you want something kind of fun to watch, try Losers on Netflix - really interesting mini series about athlete fails.
    Losers sounds good. I’m reading about it now. Will have to check it out.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

the Jimmy Fallon double episode was especially awful (but that's expected as Fallon is not funny).

Norm MacDonald was hilarious to me when they were talking about how homicide is worse than manslaughter but the name manslaughter suggests it should be way worse

Everytime I see Fallon, I just feel like everything he does is fake.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

Everytime I see Fallon, I just feel like everything he does is fake.
    All of those guys are Hollywood lemmings. Kimmel is famous for his bro humor but now he’s arguing with politicians that go against the Hollywood liberal bullshit.

I know a girl that is married to a hack comedian named Owen Benjamin. He sucks, but he did accurately point out that all the late night hosts are huge lefties. Hollywood does weird shit to people and you gotta follow the company line or get cut. Fallon is the most cookie cutter of them all, which is unfortunate because he’s an alcoholic womanizer at heart but he’s paid by being a corporate, clean cut shrill.