Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TJ Bollers, 2021 4* DE, Tiffin, Iowa (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Coach 'K' (Pete Kwiatkowski) has been the one recruiting me for them and I really like him," Bollers told Dawgman.com recently. "I had called and told him I was interested in coming out to see the school and he jumped on the first flight he could the next day to come out and see me at school.

"They are right up there at the top for me with some other schools and I know I want to take an official visit out there to check them out."

The first thing is their Engineering program there," Bollers noted. "Obviously their football team is pretty good and they've been really strong the past few years. I actually went to the Rose Bowl they played in (vs. Ohio State) last year and I saw what it could be like playing for a top team like that.

"I've done my homework on them. I really like (Kwiatkowski) and feel like they could get the best out of me if I was to go there, but I need to get out there to see what the school has to offer and meet in person with the coaches."

"A lot of it will come down to my relationship with the coaches and how I fit in at the school," Bollers said. "With the coaches, you don't just want it to be about football. If that's all I ever talked to them about was football, that would be bad. I need to have a strong relationship with them and know they have my back, but I also want to feel comfortable enough with them that if I need to talk about something else, I can come to them.

"As far as the school and my comfort level there, I want a place where I can feel at home. A place where I can see myself even if I wasn't playing ball. It's not just about the school or the football program for me, it's also about the surroundings."

Difference between coach k and Gregory, coach k understood that he needed to step up his recruiting game if we wanted to take the next level and he did meanwhile Gregory stayed the same Boise type recruiter he always was.
    I honestly don’t disagree.

Also, K is a coaching savant.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Coach 'K' (Pete Kwiatkowski) has been the one recruiting me for them and I really like him," Bollers told Dawgman.com recently. "I had called and told him I was interested in coming out to see the school and he jumped on the first flight he could the next day to come out and see me at school.

"They are right up there at the top for me with some other schools and I know I want to take an official visit out there to check them out."

The first thing is their Engineering program there," Bollers noted. "Obviously their football team is pretty good and they've been really strong the past few years. I actually went to the Rose Bowl they played in (vs. Ohio State) last year and I saw what it could be like playing for a top team like that.

"I've done my homework on them. I really like (Kwiatkowski) and feel like they could get the best out of me if I was to go there, but I need to get out there to see what the school has to offer and meet in person with the coaches."

"A lot of it will come down to my relationship with the coaches and how I fit in at the school," Bollers said. "With the coaches, you don't just want it to be about football. If that's all I ever talked to them about was football, that would be bad. I need to have a strong relationship with them and know they have my back, but I also want to feel comfortable enough with them that if I need to talk about something else, I can come to them.

"As far as the school and my comfort level there, I want a place where I can feel at home. A place where I can see myself even if I wasn't playing ball. It's not just about the school or the football program for me, it's also about the surroundings."

Difference between coach k and Gregory, coach k understood that he needed to step up his recruiting game if we wanted to take the next level and he did meanwhile Gregory stayed the same Boise type recruiter he always was.
    Kawasaki seems like a great guy who gives a fuck
    From the "cool story bro" category a good buddy of mine got a chance to meet him and chat him up. He said he was a righteous dude as the kids would say...Really down to earth and authentic is what he said.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

From the "cool story bro" category a good buddy of mine got a chance to meet him and chat him up. He said he was a righteous dude as the kids would say...Really down to earth and authentic is what he said.
    Your penis disagrees.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I honestly don’t disagree.

Also, K is a coaching savant.
    He really is, I mean his track record speaks for itself. And now that we are finally getting talent for the Buck position, it's only going to get better. I mean look at how he's developed Joe Tryon and imagine Smalls three years from now.
    no doubt he is a great developer of talent, but i think his DC skills are tits better that PJ Lake
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Anything about his fondness for Asian poon?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Not sure Seattle is going to feel like Tiffen Iowa but hopefully he's ready for a change of scenery.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Kwat a lot, but Buck/Sam were some of the worst starters on the team until this year. I think he does a lot more than just coach those guys and I would never want him to go, but the praise on his coaching acumen is a little heavy when you consider his units he’s put out there.

The good news is that we will be good at Buck/Sam this year. I think good ILB play is coming too.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This guy does seem like a possibility but the chances we get someone from Iowa are still low. It’s also early and he will get more offers if he’s good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I like Kwat a lot, but Buck/Sam were some of the worst starters on the team until this year. I think he does a lot more than just coach those guys and I would never want him to go, but the praise on his coaching acumen is a little heavy when you consider his units he’s put out there.

The good news is that we will be good at Buck/Sam this year. I think good ILB play is coming too.

Dude edge play improved as the year went on
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Can we change the title since UW is actually recruiting this kid.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,184
    Founders Club
    BaldwinIV said:

Your penis disagrees.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Ektard today:

“ Spoke to him last week and got an update on things. I had some concern on why he isn't doing much with Iowa right now, especially considering his dad was a player there. He said they haven't shown him much interest, even though they offered. He said he's focusing on the schools that have shown him the most interest. At this early juncture, I get the feeling that Wisconsin is top school for him, but he really likes Washington a lot and I think if they blow him away on his official visit (I expect them to push for one the final week of the early visit period...which would be June 19th - 21st). “
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,184
    Founders Club

Ektard today:

“ Spoke to him last week and got an update on things. I had some concern on why he isn't doing much with Iowa right now, especially considering his dad was a player there. He said they haven't shown him much interest, even though they offered. He said he's focusing on the schools that have shown him the most interest. At this early juncture, I get the feeling that Wisconsin is top school for him, but he really likes Washington a lot and I think if they blow him away on his official visit (I expect them to push for one the final week of the early visit period...which would be June 19th - 21st). “

If they blow him away, then what, Scotty?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Ektard today:

“ Spoke to him last week and got an update on things. I had some concern on why he isn't doing much with Iowa right now, especially considering his dad was a player there. He said they haven't shown him much interest, even though they offered. He said he's focusing on the schools that have shown him the most interest. At this early juncture, I get the feeling that Wisconsin is top school for him, but he really likes Washington a lot and I think if they blow him away on his official visit (I expect them to push for one the final week of the early visit period...which would be June 19th - 21st).

No matter what the weather is like?

Get it together Lake!