Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL 100

TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Great job with this but there won't be next 100.

Sport is dying. SJW and CTE will kill it in 20 years.

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Maybe.

If it does survive it will be flag football or all robot players.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Girls soccer has a concussion rate equal to, or higher than, football. Football is not going to die off.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

I’ve never bought into the hype that football is going anywhere. Turnout is down I guess, but most those not turning out are the ones with scared, over protective moms and weren’t any good anyways.

Football is still big. It’s a staple of the fall/winter and won’t go anywhere.

Turnout is down because it's become so popular that shit athletic programs and pro teams charge an amount of money for a watered down experience to where it's no longer worth it. Period.

I don't give a fuck about the band or the blue hairs or the cheerleaders. I want to enjoy beers of my choosing, not shit Coors, and a weed soda and be able to lose my shit in my own home.

I don't want to be in the same stadium as quooks fresh off the trailer life and Cuogs singing their stupid af fight song and thinking anyone gives a fuck about them.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

I’ve never bought into the hype that football is going anywhere. Turnout is down I guess, but most those not turning out are the ones with scared, over protective moms and weren’t any good anyways.

Turnout is down because it's become so popular that shit athletic programs and pro teams charge an amount of money for a watered down experience to where it's no longer worth it. Period.

I don't give a fuck about the band or the blue hairs or the cheerleaders. I want to enjoy beers of my choosing, not shit Coors, and a weed soda and be able to lose my shit in my own home.

I don't want to be in the same stadium as quooks fresh off the trailer life and Cuogs singing their stupid af fight song and thinking anyone gives a fuck about them.
    He means turnout as in the amount of people playing in HS, not how many people go to games.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    dnc said:

haie said:

He means turnout as in the amount of people playing in HS, not how many people go to games.
    I mean turnout as in why should I physically go to the games

But yes he's right. Those kids parents will make them play soccer which is neat.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I believe lower turnout to be a product of every game being on TV (wasn't always the case)
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I believe lower turnout to be a product of every game being on TV (wasn't always the case)
    I was talking about youth turnout, but in terms of attendance, I think you’re right. It’s easier to just watch at home and often times more enjoyable.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

This, for realz.