Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why we passed on DJ Johnson - the chinside story

2»

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Motown said:

So you're telling me we still have a shot at those other recruits and that Eason is coming. Definitely helps the sting a bit

3 out of 5 aint bad.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    I said Ngata was better when DDY was fluffing this guy, but I always knew he sucked. All he could do was run. No pass rush moves, not explosive on the line, stood straight up every play. Measurables were the only reason he was highly ranked. The only plays he looked good was when he would chase down a QB after he had nowhere to throw.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I said Ngata was better when DDY was fluffing this guy, but I always knew he sucked. All he could do was run. No pass rush moves, not explosive on the line, stood straight up every play. Measurables were the only reason he was highly ranked. The only plays he looked good was when he would chase down a QB after he had nowhere to throw.

I know I said the same exact thing about someone and Dennis gave me shit over it. I can't remember if it was this guy, but I guess it must have been.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Just another example of why losing your shit for any one specific recruit is FS

Racist
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I never liked his film all that much, but would have loved for our coaches to had that chance with the athleticism. I still think he could have been very good under kwat.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Johnson wasn't bad at all - he had 14 tackles, 5 TFL, 2 sacks, FF, FR in five games. He was going to be on the two deep for 2020. He had two seniors and Thibodeaux in front of him. He wanted to play TE, the future Hurricanes coach is letting him try it.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Johnson wasn't bad at all - he had 14 tackles, 5 TFL, 2 sacks, FF, FR in five games. He was going to be on the two deep for 2020. He had two seniors and Thibodeaux in front of him. He wanted to play TE, the future Hurricanes coach is letting him try it.

Will DJ follow Cristo back to Miami?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

If I had the time, id go back and listen to your exact words on the TSIO pod regarding this player. I have a feeling it would convey the exact opposite of the feelings of this post.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

If I had the time, id go back and listen to your exact words on the TSIO pod regarding this player. I have a feeling it would convey the exact opposite of the feelings of this post.
    I'm sure it did from Dennis & Coker. In fairness to Teck, that wasn't his style on the pod.