Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Daniel Jeremiah's draft thoughts on Jacob Eason

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,105
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
DJ has Eason going to either Tampa Bay or Carolina in the second round.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,105
    Founders Club
    edited February 2020
    Bucky Brooks said that Eason could build some buzz when scouts see him at the NFL Combine.

"You've got people still kicking themselves for not selecting Patrick Mahomes. They will be looking to not make that mistake again."

Jeremiah added: "At the combine, look for Eason to put on a show. He had some ups and downs this year, but he can really spin it."
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eason was made for the underwear Olympics. The other QBs shouldn't even show up.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    had no idea who 'bucky brooks' was so i did a quick duckduckgo:

Bucky Brooks played for five NFL teams in a five-year career, primarily as a kick returner.

so he's retarded, has CTE, or both?

bbfs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eason is your Blake Bortles type
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Minshew will have a longer career than Eason, book it
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

Minshew will have a longer career than Eason, book it

I doubt it.

Arm talent gets you plenty of chances.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Minshew has already cemented himself into a quality back up for awhile. I really think Eason will bust hard.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I'm convinced everyone associated with the NFL are completely retarded, from coaches down to scouts.

They are so FS and overthink things. Mitchell Trubisky went ahead of Mahomes and Watson.

Josh Allen went #7. He had a decent year, but I guarantee he’s a disaster at some point.

QB’s are still where they fuck up the most. Just pick the guy that did best in college and most the time you will get the better QB. They get so stuck on physical traits and talking themselves into believing they can make a player good.

Eason might not be completely horrible in the NFL, but I guarantee he won’t ever win shit. A QB with limited mobility and bad pocket presence is not going to do good in the NFL. I wouldn’t touch him.
    sir, do you have any idea how big his hands are?

I DONT BELIEVE YOU DO!
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NFL draft = underwear Olympics

If Eason looks good under artificial conditions and drills then he'll be a first rounder.

That's the way it works.

NFL owners and GM's typically jerk off over looks and fantasy potential because they want to be validated as a genius to their peers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

If Eason looks good under artificial conditions and drills then he'll be a first rounder.

That's the way it works.

NFL owners and GM's typically jerk off over looks and fantasy potential because they want to be validated as a genius to their peers.

QB’s don’t get picked from the underwear olympics. They all look good throwing the ball on air with no pass rush. He still could go higher than he should. He probably even will, but despite whatever is reported about his pro day, it doesn’t really matter.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

That's the way it works.

QB’s don’t get picked from the underwear olympics. They all look good throwing the ball on air with no pass rush. He still could go higher than he should. He probably even will, but despite whatever is reported about his pro day, it doesn’t really matter.
    That's what I said. NFL combine or pro days that quarterbacks participate in. As long as Eason looks good and has all the measurables he will reap the benefit of the doubt over any negative film doubts.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm convinced everyone associated with the NFL are completely retarded, from coaches down to scouts.

They are so FS and overthink things. Mitchell Trubisky went ahead of Mahomes and Watson.

Josh Allen went #7. He had a decent year, but I guarantee he’s a disaster at some point.

QB’s are still where they fuck up the most. Just pick the guy that did best in college and most the time you will get the better QB. They get so stuck on physical traits and talking themselves into believing they can make a player good.

Eason might not be completely horrible in the NFL, but I guarantee he won’t ever win shit. A QB with limited mobility and bad pocket presence is not going to do good in the NFL. I wouldn’t touch him.
    It's crazy that mahomes didn't go earlier. I checked his college career, this was his junior season. Not exactly Easons year.

On October 22, 2016, Mahomes set multiple NCAA, Big 12, and school records in a 66–59 loss to Oklahoma at home. Mahomes broke the NCAA FBS records for single-game total offense with 819 yards. He also tied the NCAA record for single game passing yards with 734. He fell one short of the record for most attempts at 88. Overall, the game set NCAA records for most combined yards of total offense with 1,708 combined passing yards, and total offense by two players (the other being Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield).[26] The 125 combined points are the second most all time involving ranked teams.[27]

Mahomes finished the season leading the country in yards per game (421), passing yards (5,052), total offense (5,312), points responsible for (318), and total touchdowns (53).[28] For his performance, he was awarded the Sammy Baugh Trophy, given annually to the nation's top college passer, joining head coach Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell, and B. J. Symons as other Red Raiders to have won the award.[29] He was also named an Academic All-American 2nd Team by the College Sports Information Directors of America.[30]
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree Hondo, but air raid QB’s had typically struggled in the NFL. Now it doesn’t matter as much. Mahomes did put up crazy numbers tho and his athleticism is really good, so a scout who studies this stuff should have been able to figure out that the kid was pretty fucking good.

The worst thing is genuinely believing Trubisky was better than Watson. Watson played in the same conference and was better by the eye test, stats, winning, etc. He played great against Alabama two years in a row when no other QB’s had. He’s far from the best QB in the league, but he’s a good one and it shouldn’t be surprising to anyone.

How the fuck could a GM or owner sign off on Trubisky over Watson? Anyone that watched either play knew Watson was better.