Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yary to U$C

He had two options:

to play in a system where he'll rarely be used except in blocking situations with a hc who will be shitcanned next year or

Play at a school that highlights the position, has a excellent history of developing tight ends, and will probably see the field a lot in year 2, BUT you gotta play for Jimmy lake.

Yary said "tell me more about the first option". holy fuck jimmy has whiffed on just about everything since being hired. Pete put together the class and Jimmy can’t even get players from Leach or Helton.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He thinks he's a wide receiver and that he'll get a lot of targets there. Maybe he's right.

Cup of Joe Jimmy with another magnificent fucking close.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    couldn't leave Mommy, Daddy, and sunny L.A.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This was always the outcome once Yary string everything out past the early signing period

The fact we took another TE before Yary announced told you all you needed to know
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He had two options:

to play in a system where he'll rarely be used except in blocking situations with a hc who will be shitcanned next year or

Play at a school that highlights the position, has a excellent history of developing tight ends, and will probably see the field a lot in year 2, BUT you gotta play for Jimmy lake.

Yary said "tell me more about the first option". holy fuck jimmy has whiffed on just about everything since being hired. Pete put together the class and Jimmy can’t even get players from Leach or Helton.

I’m completely neutral on what’s happened thus far but no one decommitted once he was announced and it’s not as if we’ve been in on many recruits since early signing day. Too small a sample size.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I'm pretty sure Yary's family has been lead to believe that Helton will be fired next year and USC will hire its next coach who will be guaranteed to focus on the tight end position.... I wouldn't be surprised if the Urban Meyer State Farm agent is already working out a deal with USC that will have him announced as the new guy (and start recruiting) well in advance of the early signing day.... likely Meyer to USC announced by November 8th after their loss to the Ducks (3rd loss in a season of "higher expectations" (read Helton keeps his job if he has only 1 loss by then).
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

What's my name? Fuck you! that's my name.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

I'm pretty sure Yary's family has been lead to believe that Helton will be fired next year and USC will hire its next coach who will be guaranteed to focus on the tight end position.... I wouldn't be surprised if the Urban Meyer State Farm agent is already working out a deal with USC that will have him announced as the new guy (and start recruiting) well in advance of the early signing day.... likely Meyer to USC announced by November 8th after their loss to the Ducks (3rd loss in a season of "higher expectations" (read Helton keeps his job if he has only 1 loss by then).

I think his dad and probably Yary himself wanted to be at USC so bad that they will take their chances and transfer if it doesn’t work out. I would have liked him. I’m not too bothered by it tho. I don’t think it’s that important.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

Meek said:

I think his dad and probably Yary himself wanted to be at USC so bad that they will take their chances and transfer if it doesn’t work out. I would have liked him. I’m not too bothered by it tho. I don’t think it’s that important.
    This hits the nail on the head.