Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    "I'm going to be a head coach in college football ... next year," Sanders said.

Does that sound crazy? A little bit.

no, its totally fucking crazy.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Not all that crazy. Penny Hardaway never coached a day of college basketball in his life and ended up at Memphis. AAU coaching and a couple years at high school.

Little different with basketball but not much.

Able to close the sale, hire good assistants. Prime Time would get into any household in America for a home visit.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    could be a nice spot for him at Oregon next year after Cristobal goes to (enter name of any SEC or ACC school).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t think it’s that crazy either. He would have to be a figurehead type that mainly recruits, but there are places where hiring Deion might be worth it.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Not all that crazy. Penny Hardaway never coached a day of college basketball in his life and ended up at Memphis. AAU coaching and a couple years at high school.

Able to close the sale, hire good assistants. Prime Time would get into any household in America for a home visit.
    massively different sports. you know how many more bags you have to drop in football than in hoops?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821

massively different sports. you know how many more bags you have to drop in football than in hoops?
    Bigger staff, bigger budget, more cups.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He's going to love the Sun Belt, if not a directional or boutique Florida school, or some alternate filming location for The Waterboy.

He has enough money to do whatever he wants. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He would immediately kill it on the recruiting trail, and I don't understand why it's a foregone conclusion he would be a bad coach.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing schools in the little Ivy League are hiring. @collegedoog
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm hearing schools in the little Ivy League are hiring. @collegedoog

Not enough wood chips to keep him enrolled.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club

I don’t think it’s that crazy either. He would have to be a figurehead type that mainly recruits, but there are places where hiring Deion might be worth it.

Some school like UTEP or New Mexico State might just try it
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Less. Football players aren’t as important. Every elite basketball player are getting bags. Some of them have nothing to do with where they go to school. Deion would get some kids he probably shouldn’t simply because he’s Deion.
    Exactly. It’s like how if you want to buy the Olympics you gotta bribe four times as many people as if you wanna buy the World Cup. So there are way bigger bribes going to the smaller number of FIFA voting members than IOC voting members.
  • Options
    Founders Club

As they probably should. They really have nothing to lose.
    If I was the AD there, I would strongly consider it, as long as Sanders showed me a sensible plan.
  • Options
    Founders Club

As they probably should. They really have nothing to lose.
    If I was the AD there, I would strongly consider it, as long as Sanders showed me a sensible plan.
    They always suck anyways. Might as well get some FREE PUB and see if Deion can dupe some talented recruits into coming to play there.
    ESPN Game Day would be sure show up some Saturday