Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2014
    Struggles and hardship began for Aiyewa during his years as a youth.

Aiyewa recounts back to when he was a juvenile delinquent.

“I was in detention centers for months throughout my high school years. I spent years in alternative schools and some months out of school,” Aiyewa recalls. “Ironically enough, these experiences helped mold me into who I am now.”

In addition to those experiences, Aiyewa also learned something else.

“While I was going through that process,” he said, “I realized how the system was beginning to have more control over my life than I did.

“One day I just made a decision of who I was going to be, how I was going to be it and just did it … I never looked back.”

Aiyewa was admitted back into regular schooling in enough time to complete one full year of District 5A high school football in Texas.

As a senior, he helped the Hurricanes to a 9-4 overall record and was named All-District. Aiyewa was also rated as the No. 89 safety recruit in the nation on Scout.com.

Fucking bad ass, holy shit.

Another example of a player whose career was squandered by complete ineptness.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It seemed far-fetched, but Aiyewa did make something happen.

He became an NFL agent. His first client? Himself.

Aiyewa indispensably did something not many players, if any, could do by being their own agent and convincing teams that he was the player they’ve been looking for.

He worked extensively and did his research on what he would do to pitch to these teams.

“I used notes from my college courses on sales and marketing, personal selling and business-to-business sales with Jack Rhodes from The Foster School of Business in order to give myself the best chance,” Aiyewa said.

W, JW.

I had no idea about any of this, thanks for posting.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    funny... no mention of Aiyewa on Sark's wiki page as one of the players he takes credit for getting into the NFL.

bad blood?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bad ass story.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    That is so fucking impressive. Wow, he used his college experience the right way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Aieywa was really finding his stride at the end of the 2010 season. He had 21 TFL which led the conference. He was a monster in that bowl game against Nebraska. Him and Mason Foster held that defense together.

How much better would Vic have been with the RS year? And what if Aieywa and Foster were both RS, so they played in 2011 on that awful defense? You probably beat Oregon St and Baylor and go 9-4 even with a clown as head coach. Its little shit like that (proper roster mgmt), that the lemon party of Gilby, Ty and Sark botched.

I still say they go 7-6, Sark is a shitty coach. Defense despite being shitty that day didn't lose the Oregon State game the offense did.

The most famous example of mishandling of a redshirt to me was Lambo burning Tui's in 1997. Would have love to have had him back in 2001 as Pickett wasn't quite ready that year.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    ... I just live that the guy he cold cocked got up and ran 20 yards in the wrong direction and just collapsed again..,

That is how you cold-cock someone ...