Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,915
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Competing SFs running approach to what Carrol is doing is insanely laughable.

Also, they weren’t inches away from a first round bye. They were a full game against Arizona away from it.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Also, they weren’t inches away from a first round bye. They were a full game against Arizona away from it.

Yeah that's a pretty inexcusable take from Arthur. Seattle still doesn't have a bye if they beat SF. They also don't have a bye if they beat Arizona.

They were an Arizona (or LA) win AND a few inches against SF away from a first round bye.

Or more accurately, two wins away. Which is a pretty big number in a 16 game league.
  • Options
    The LOB Seahawks have their unique place in history. But there’s no reason why the current Seahawks can’t get back to elite status with some tweaks to personnel (particularly on defense) and better health. The fact that Seattle has remained competitive in the the post-Legion of Boom era shows what the team is capable of. Since their last Super Bowl run in the 2014 season, the Seahawks have made the playoffs in four of five years. Just one of those four postseason trips ended in the Wild Card.

There's plenty of reason they can't get back to elite status. You aren't just "some tweaks to personnel" away from a bottom third defense to elite status.

And yes they Hawks have made the playoffs four of five years. That's what happens when you have an elite QB.

They have failed to make it past the divisional round in each of those years. That's what happens when you have a coach who thinks he still has an elite defense.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yep. Rodgers makes the playoffs almost every year and its been a decade since they won it

It annoys me when Hawk honks say Seattle is second only to the Pats as a dynasty. The distance between 1 and 2 is vast

I do give Allen a lot of credit. Since he bought the team they have fought their way to relevance. The Holmgren plan to lose the 2005 Super Bowl. The Carroll plan to go 1-1 in the Super Bowl. For this franchise it is historic. For the league it is middling. A 1-2 record in the Super Bowl 54 years in

2nd tier I would say behind the big boys like the Pats, Steelers Niners et al
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Bob_C said:

Yeah that's a pretty inexcusable take from Arthur. Seattle still doesn't have a bye if they beat SF. They also don't have a bye if they beat Arizona.

They were an Arizona (or LA) win AND a few inches against SF away from a first round bye.

Or more accurately, two wins away. Which is a pretty big number in a 16 game league.
    Overall just a couple plays from being in the Super Bowl. Ball bounces a little different here and there, maybe a couple more touchdowns here instead of a few sacks. As close as you can get without being super bowl champs three years in a row.
  • Options

Yep. Rodgers makes the playoffs almost every year and its been a decade since they won it

It annoys me when Hawk honks say Seattle is second only to the Pats as a dynasty. The distance between 1 and 2 is vast

I do give Allen a lot of credit. Since he bought the team they have fought their way to relevance. The Holmgren plan to lose the 2005 Super Bowl. The Carroll plan to go 1-1 in the Super Bowl. For this franchise it is historic. For the league it is middling. A 1-2 record in the Super Bowl 54 years in

2nd tier I would say behind the big boys like the Pats, Steelers Niners et al

Seattle is second to the Pats in the PC era in the same way that UW is second to UW in the Pac (insert number here) era.

In both cases there is first place and there is everyone else.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Is Ivan Lewis still the strength coordinator? Will factor in how much I care in this
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Is Ivan Lewis still the strength coordinator? Will factor in how much I care in this

That's the amazing thing, isn't it? It's preposterous.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Bob_C said:

Overall just a couple plays from being in the Super Bowl. Ball bounces a little different here and there, maybe a couple more touchdowns here instead of a few sacks. As close as you can get without being super bowl champs three years in a row.
    Are you saying the last 3 years or the 3 years starting with them winning it? Because I think the OP is talking about this year and this team has come nowhere close to the super bowl 3 straight years.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Bob_C said:

Are you saying the last 3 years or the 3 years starting with them winning it? Because I think the OP is talking about this year and this team has come nowhere close to the super bowl 3 straight years.
    I was lampooning
  • Options
    The Carroll method is great if you have a defense that can back it up. I also wouldn't call this the Carroll method, as it was done before by the 85' bears and the early 2000s Ravens.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

The Carroll method is great if you have a defense that can back it up. I also wouldn't call this the Carroll method, as it was done before by the 85' bears and the early 2000s Ravens.

Even in the LOB days, they got shredded anytime a starter at DB was out.

I don’t mind running the ball, but ideally we would run more later in the game after building a lead, not running and keeping it close by doing so and throwing late. The always compete, win in the 4th shit backfires at times.
  • Options

I don’t mind running the ball, but ideally we would run more later in the game after building a lead, not running and keeping it close by doing so and throwing late. The always compete, win in the 4th shit backfires at times.
    If you mean Sherman, Earl or Kam, yes.

If you mean the rotating corner opposite of Sherm, not really.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

If you mean Sherman, Earl or Kam, yes.

If you mean the rotating corner opposite of Sherm, not really.
    Lane in the Super Bowl was a huge loss and cost us the game. We wouldn’t have needed a game winning TD if he didn’t get hurt.

Maxwell moved inside where he was worse and I’ll suited to guard Edelman and Simon got destroyed.