Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biggest fish you've ever landed? Aka, Fish Stories Dick Measuring thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    50 lbs +
    Many sturgeon I released over 300lbs

Kept many around 125-150 lbs
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,947
    edited January 2020
    d c

chuck said:

I beached a sturgeon that was every bit of 8' long the one and only time I went sturgeon fishing. It left me curled into a tight ball on the rocks and unable to move for about an hour. My back was tied in a knot and my legs were shaking uncontrollably for the last 10 minutes of it. It takes good technique to fight a fish like that from the bank and I didn't have it.

Other than that a fair number of 30-40lb chinook is the best I can do. I netted a 52lb bright chinook for a buddy once.

Those living fossils are TUFF and no how to fight for survival.
    @RaceBannon was there when they were minnows.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    50 lbs +

I typically go for the big Copper River filets at Costco when they're in season. That's the extent of my fishing prowess.

Fish for fun. Store And for eating.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I have a puffy little ginage between my supple thighs and don't fish
    I was disappointed to learn a steelhead is a fucking trout.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    0- 5 lbs
    I fished for kings in the Samish once, but you really have to know what your'e doing to catch one, and I didn't. I once reeled in something big on a Westport charter in between the constant puking, but that's pussy fishing, and I don't count that.

This pole made me realize that I don't tend to fish for anything big. Pinks in the Skagit is probably the biggest, but it's probably been a decade since I've done that. Anymore, it's all about finding decent lake trout to catch, and it's becoming more and more of an adventure to get to where they are. My favorite fishing trip of my life happened this last summer--my favorite because it involved packing a telescoping rod and some lures on an already long and super fun dirt bike ride. Pull the bike right up the the lake (7 miles from any road), clearest water I've ever seen, catch four nice rainbows (water so clear you could see every fish within 50 yards and watch your lure doing its thing), behead and gut them, throw them in the pack, ride another three hours with trout on my back, back to camp to fry them up!
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    20- 49 lbs

That's right. But they're trout that are TUFF and will smash your fucking face in.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    50 lbs +

Steelhead eat salmon for breakfast doovil...literally. You can't hold the juveniles together or the steelhead all end up bloated with little forked tails sticking out their mouths.

Salmon are the fat, stinky, simpleton pussies. Steelhead are like lions in NW fish world. Salmon are more like wildebeests.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    50 lbs +
    chuck said:

Steelhead eat salmon for breakfast doovil...literally. You can't hold the juveniles together or the steelhead all end up bloated with little forked tails sticking out their mouths.

Salmon are the fat, stinky, simpleton pussies. Steelhead are like lions in NW fish world. Salmon are more like wildebeests.
    Steelhead/salmon superiority guy
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5- 9 lbs

chuck said:

We have a few of them here.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    50 lbs +

chuck said:

Correct. African savanna predator-prey superiority guy would've also been accepted.