Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shooting in Seattle

123457»

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

If anyone here has spent 5 seconds around the corner of 3rd and Pine you know exactly what the suspects looked like, and what the shooting was about. SPD could arrest every person loitering there over the course of the day and they'd solve half the city's drug problems. It truly is a shit hole.

Fan of this response

Swaye said:

If anyone here has spent 5 seconds around the corner of 3rd and Pine you know exactly what the suspects looked like, and what the shooting was about. SPD could arrest every person loitering there over the course of the day and they'd solve half the city's drug problems. It truly is a shit hole.

Fan of this response

I want to kick @BrianWardDawg's ass inside out. Did you look at him? Fucker hasn't been laid since Hitler was a road guard. 100%

In my day?....Head First in a Garbage can.

We knew how to control annoying troublesome nerds BITD. What dumb-asses today call "bullying" was actually establishing the pecking order in prior times. When losers like this guy learned their lesson, they fell in line and didn't pop off like this annoying little asshole.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck this thread depresses me...makes me want to 1) LEAVE! the Seattle area and 2) never marry because apparently I’ll turn into a frigid husk of woman with no libido.

It's a good thing the internet wasn't around in the 80's. Violent crime rates were double then in the city what they are now.

That said, 1 death by gang banger shooting in this city is 1 too many. We need a law and order mayor and law and order city council. I won't hold my breath.
    Clear the fucking camps, lock up the fucking criminals, and keep these people off the fucking street.

If I park my car 29’11” from a no parking within 30 feet sign, I get dinged for $50. Every damn time. The rest of our law enforcement should be deployed so effectively and act so swiftly.

I'm telling you - homeless prison/rehab/transition facilities stretching from Vantage to Ellensberg. The closer to 'normal' one gets, they get to move one location closer to civilization.

Get "these people' some help. Spend money on treatment instead of supporting the homeless-industrial complex of non-profits and shit government assistance currently in place.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Fuck this thread depresses me...makes me want to 1) LEAVE! the Seattle area and 2) never marry because apparently I’ll turn into a frigid husk of woman with no libido.

It's a good thing the internet wasn't around in the 80's. Violent crime rates were double then in the city what they are now.

That said, 1 death by gang banger shooting in this city is 1 too many. We need a law and order mayor and law and order city council. I won't hold my breath.
    Clear the fucking camps, lock up the fucking criminals, and keep these people off the fucking street.

If I park my car 29’11” from a no parking within 30 feet sign, I get dinged for $50. Every damn time. The rest of our law enforcement should be deployed so effectively and act so swiftly.

No way in hell you make it to 35 and are still voting for leftists.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

I'm telling you - homeless prison/rehab/transition facilities stretching from Vantage to Ellensberg. The closer to 'normal' one gets, they get to move one location closer to civilization.

Get "these people' some help. Spend money on treatment instead of supporting the homeless-industrial complex of non-profits and shit government assistance currently in place.

I will pay for food and shelter for bums. But it needs to be out in Vantage. That’s the deal. You don’t get the prime real estate.

Some rich fuck needs to buy out all the missions in Pioneer square and gentrify the fuck out of it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

The crazies should be institutionalized and the drug addicts should be arrested. Treatment for people who don't want it or aren't motivated to quit is a complete waste of resources. Start enforcing the laws. Including the quality of life laws. Urinating in public, camping in public, littering. The goal is to get these people off the streets and if that means putting them into a jail cell so be it. Jail and prison is the rock bottom that some addicts need to hit before they even attempt to turn their lives around. We've now removed that with our unwillingness to prosecute crime.

And for people complaining about the costs, what are the costs to the public of not prosecuting property crimes? What the cost to businesses when you don't prosecute shoplifting?

The real crisis we are facing is a crisis of a lack of political will and it's leading to social chaos.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

The government won’t waste time on an empty bag. You’re where the money is, not the homeless camps.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

The government won’t waste time on an empty bag. You’re where the money is, not the homeless camps.
    Lived in LA for years. The city had weekly street sweepers patrolling the neighborhoods. If you forgot that Thursday or Tuesday night you weren't supposed to park on one side of the street or the other you'd wake up with a ticket on your window. The street sweepers didn't really do much cleaning but they raised a hell of lot of revenue. Two or three meter-maids traveled with each street sweeper writing tickets as they went.

The City intentionally targeted the Westside of LA for greater enforcement specifically because they knew they were more likely to get paid for any tickets they wrote. These kind of laws were sparingly enforced in South Central LA.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,754
    It's much harder to get drugs in prison.

I say we contract with Mexico for prison services. Far cheaper and being less pleasant a greater deterrent.
  • Options

dnc said:

Fan of this response

Swaye said:

Fan of this response

I want to kick @BrianWardDawg's ass inside out. Did you look at him? Fucker hasn't been laid since Hitler was a road guard. 100%

In my day?....Head First in a Garbage can.

We knew how to control annoying troublesome nerds BITD. What dumb-asses today call "bullying" was actually establishing the pecking order in prior times. When losers like this guy learned their lesson, they fell in line and didn't pop off like this annoying little asshole.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

I say we contract with Mexico for prison services. Far cheaper and being less pleasant a greater deterrent.

No need to ask the Mexicans. Just ask Texas. Texas pays a fraction of what California pays to incarcerate people.

A new study by Backgroundchecks.org found that Texas spends an average of $22,012 per inmate, a below-average amount when compared to the other 49 states.

Overall, Texas is ranked 37 in the nation for inmate expenditure, with New York taking the top spot by spending an average of $69,355 per inmate.

After New York follows California ($64,642), Connecticut ($62,159), New Jersey ($61,603), Rhode Island ($58,564) and Vermont ($57,615).
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

No need to ask the Mexicans. Just ask Texas. Texas pays a fraction of what California pays to incarcerate people.

A new study by Backgroundchecks.org found that Texas spends an average of $22,012 per inmate, a below-average amount when compared to the other 49 states.

Overall, Texas is ranked 37 in the nation for inmate expenditure, with New York taking the top spot by spending an average of $69,355 per inmate.

After New York follows California ($64,642), Connecticut ($62,159), New Jersey ($61,603), Rhode Island ($58,564) and Vermont ($57,615).
    We could get Mexico for .81 cents a day.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    SFGbob said:

No way in hell you make it to 35 and are still voting for leftists.
    I’m already there and I already don’t vote for leftists.