Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wynden Ho'ohuli, 4* 2021 LB, Mililani (Mililani), HI (Offered 11/4)

Comments

• guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gregory will fuck this up. Cook it.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2019
    Oregon tripping his team mate this weekend. Expect that gives them a strong leg up if he flips from Cal.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

One of the top linebackers on Washington's 2021 board is Mililani (Hi.) LB Wynden Ho'ohuli and last week, Dawgman.com's Chris Fetters was able to catch up with the talented prospect to get his thoughts on the start of the recruiting process and where the Huskies stand on his list of favorites.

"There have been lots of schools heading out here, so it's been great," Ho'ohuli said of the "official" start of the recruiting process. "I've got a lot of offers right now and I've been talking to a lot of schools.

"Coach (Ikaika) Malloe is my main contact (with Washington) and I talk a lot with coach (Bob) Gregory and I talked a lot with coach (Chris) Petersen before he left."

Washington has been recruiting Ho'ohuli for the better part of the last six months and he took an unofficial visit to check out Washington the weekend they played host to Utah.

"I was up there for the game and got the chance to be down on the field for warm-ups and sat in the stands for the game," Ho'ohuli noted. "It was a really great environment up there. I definitely got the chance to picture myself playing up there.

"I'm pretty close with Faatui Tuitele from when I played at St. Louis (High School) and we're still pretty good friends. He loves it up there. He said it's a great school and the community up there, the Poly community, is really strong."

Washington is currently his only visit up to this point, but he is planning to visit other schools this spring.

"Utah was the first school to offer me and that's when everything started, so I'd like to get out to see them and when we go out to play in a 7-on-7 tournament I'd like to take the chance to see some other schools, like LSU, and I'm also planning to get out to see Oregon for their spring game as well."

Ho'ohuli isn't in a rush to make a decision, but he said he's been thinking about what he's looking for in the school he winds up signing with.

"I've been talking to my mom about it and we are looking for a school that will take care of me for four years," Ho'ohuli acknowledged. "My mom wants me to further my education and my goal is to improve as a football player, and set a good example for everyone back home. I want to find a place where I can fit in and make everyone (back home) proud of me."

As a junior this past season, Ho'ohuli finished with over 80 tackles while helping to lead his team to a 9-3 record.

He currently is rated four stars and ranks as the fourth-best inside linebacker prospect in the country while being rated a 0.9199 in the industry-generated 247Composite.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    This guy, Calvert, and Simon would be a good haul. Even two of the three would be pretty good. I think we have a good shot at all three, especially if Calvert recovers and plays well this year.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Can we call him Patches O'Ho'ohulihan?
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

This guy, Calvert, and Simon would be a good haul. Even two of the three would be pretty good. I think we have a good shot at all three, especially if Calvert recovers and plays well this year.

Are we really going to have 12 scholarship inside backers with no one graduating after 2021 though? Curious if we see some attrition after the LB depth chart is fledged out this season. On paper even with some attrition the 2021 class won’t be huge.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Simons coming to play RB.

I already thought it after Lakes comments about his philosophy but then they had him take pics in number 24.

He’s gonna be a RB.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    dnc said:

I already thought it after Lakes comments about his philosophy but then they had him take pics in number 24.

He’s gonna be a RB.
    Still tagged Gregory in the photos. Don’t think the number means that much
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

He’s gonna be a RB.
    Still tagged Gregory in the photos. Don’t think the number means that much
    Good point.

I'll stick with my prediction though.
  • NCDaWg38NCDaWg38 Member Posts: 114

Can we call him Hot Lips Patches O' Ho'ohulihan?

Crisped
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

about as accurate as a chronological barometer can be on the internet.

No one under 40 knows who she is ...

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    animate said:

about as accurate as a chronological barometer can be on the internet.

No one under 40 knows who she is ...

Fine. Let’s call him Hot Hips instead.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    you guys have good taste ...

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

Wood
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    animate said:

NTD, BB
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

Is that catwoman from the Batman tv show?