Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake playing 3D Chess ... Mario never saw it coming

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

An interesting story from my weekend...

So if you were on the site at all this weekend or on twitter, you may have seen what new Washington head coach Jimmy Lake had to say during the Oregon vs Washington Basketball game. Lake talked about how the Huskies will "continue to dominate the west coast" and how Washington signed the No. 1 class in the Pac-12 (direct shots fired down south). Lake then would go on to mention how the Huskies were going to make a statement in the 2021 class, which is extremely talented in the state of Washington.

While this was going on, I was down in Tacoma at the first major west coast 7v7 stop of the circuit, Pylon Seattle, that featured nearly all of the players that Lake was talking about. A good majority of the prospect had visited Washington before the event started and come away with their first impression of what Washington will look like.

While I saw on twitter (and was talking to Matt who was at the game) about what Lake was saying at the arena, I talked to some of the top 7v7 players and coaches in the area and a common refrain that I was hearing was, "They're trying to do what Oregon is doing."

Oregon has built a recipe for success and other programs have clearly taken notice.

Which is like having your wife try to explain to you why she wants to have sex with the guy down the street.

"He's better at it than you are."

It's emasculating and unmanly. Basically, Crisco has JimmyBallz' ballz in his pocket like so many nickels.

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

Jimmy is going to be a shit show. Settle in and get your perspective early.

Don't worry. It'll be quick. He'll be 3,000+ miles away shortly thereafter.

@DJDuck
    Why you go here again? Seriously?

The self loathing is unlike anything I’ve ever seen.

This is a great school with a rich tradition.

Worried bout, U

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Race, think I’ve been had, even tho odds are in my favor. I’m fixing to be out...

What da fook are you talkin about?
  • Options
    dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Emoterman said:

So if you were on the site at all this weekend or on twitter, you may have seen what new Washington head coach Jimmy Lake had to say during the Oregon vs Washington Basketball game. Lake talked about how the Huskies will "continue to dominate the west coast" and how Washington signed the No. 1 class in the Pac-12 (direct shots fired down south). Lake then would go on to mention how the Huskies were going to make a statement in the 2021 class, which is extremely talented in the state of Washington.

While this was going on, I was down in Tacoma at the first major west coast 7v7 stop of the circuit, Pylon Seattle, that featured nearly all of the players that Lake was talking about. A good majority of the prospect had visited Washington before the event started and come away with their first impression of what Washington will look like.

While I saw on twitter (and was talking to Matt who was at the game) about what Lake was saying at the arena, I talked to some of the top 7v7 players and coaches in the area and a common refrain that I was hearing was, "They're trying to do what Oregon is doing."

Oregon has built a recipe for success and other programs have clearly taken notice.

Which is like having your wife try to explain to you why she wants to have sex with the guy down the street.

It's emasculating and unmanly. Basically, Crisco has JimmyBallz' ballz in his pocket like so many nickels.

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

@DJDuck
    I agree 100% with the first premise, I don't know that the second premise follows.

It is unseemly to appear to be copping your chief rivals' schtick, no matter how necessary it is to move in that general direction. I've been glad for Jimmy's willingness to sizzle, but reading that the teenboi take is we're JV Oregon made me cringe.

It's probably the doog in me, but I'm still holding out faint hope for Jimmy. It becomes more and more clear that he's learning on the job, first with the "I've got a special genius, no need to make the boring and safe OC hire" Donovan decision, and now with realizing you don't have a fully formed concept/philosophy for your program then clutching at straws by glomming on to Oregon's ethos and raison d'etre.

Typing this out has made me considerably more pessimistic about the coming years. Writing on the wall, 2 strikes against him and so on and so forth.
    The first premise, I'm dead serious. Washington has been chasing Oregon for a decade or more. When their fans started doing that dumb "O" shit, which was a retarded copy of the "U" signal, Washington fans came in third place by starting that pitifully awkward "W" with the crossed fingers bit. JFC. Something Kim would do.

Then a limp-wristed attempt to answer Puddles with "Dubs". How fratty. And stupid.

Then the shiny helmets and then rhe mat black helmets and then the all purple shiny helmets and then the American flag helmets and then the all white unis and all black unis and, and, and ...... Oregon does that. They invented it. You can't do it now, even if it's cool, because it's not cool when the next program does it. There was even some disco shit in the new stadium ... reacting to what the other guy a few miles down I5 does.

Then the overall attempt at manufacturing a brand in the first place, which in and of itself is soooooo Oregon. And as if that weren't enough, failing at it miserably. What was it even? OKG? Built for life? JFC. Think anyone at LSU was built for life? Anyone care? Lolz.

Washington should just be Washington and quit acting like insecure Cougs. But they don't. This is why I laff whenever I see "little brother" dooging. That's Cuog. Oregon is a different matter.

The second premise, I'm just pulling your dicks. WTF knows how Jimmy Ballz will turn out? Nobody, not even me.

Alas, winning fixes everything.

And Miami will fix this thing soon enough and Oregon will be looking for another coach. Mercifully for the DAWGS!
    Why do you think Meatloaf Criscobaallz wants to coach in Atlantis? Do you know how hard it’s going to be to recruit blick kids to a school where they have to swim to class?
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

Emoterman said:

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

@DJDuck
    I agree 100% with the first premise, I don't know that the second premise follows.

It is unseemly to appear to be copping your chief rivals' schtick, no matter how necessary it is to move in that general direction. I've been glad for Jimmy's willingness to sizzle, but reading that the teenboi take is we're JV Oregon made me cringe.

It's probably the doog in me, but I'm still holding out faint hope for Jimmy. It becomes more and more clear that he's learning on the job, first with the "I've got a special genius, no need to make the boring and safe OC hire" Donovan decision, and now with realizing you don't have a fully formed concept/philosophy for your program then clutching at straws by glomming on to Oregon's ethos and raison d'etre.

Typing this out has made me considerably more pessimistic about the coming years. Writing on the wall, 2 strikes against him and so on and so forth.
    The first premise, I'm dead serious. Washington has been chasing Oregon for a decade or more. When their fans started doing that dumb "O" shit, which was a retarded copy of the "U" signal, Washington fans came in third place by starting that pitifully awkward "W" with the crossed fingers bit. JFC. Something Kim would do.

Then a limp-wristed attempt to answer Puddles with "Dubs". How fratty. And stupid.

Then the shiny helmets and then rhe mat black helmets and then the all purple shiny helmets and then the American flag helmets and then the all white unis and all black unis and, and, and ...... Oregon does that. They invented it. You can't do it now, even if it's cool, because it's not cool when the next program does it. There was even some disco shit in the new stadium ... reacting to what the other guy a few miles down I5 does.

Then the overall attempt at manufacturing a brand in the first place, which in and of itself is soooooo Oregon. And as if that weren't enough, failing at it miserably. What was it even? OKG? Built for life? JFC. Think anyone at LSU was built for life? Anyone care? Lolz.

Washington should just be Washington and quit acting like insecure Cougs. But they don't. This is why I laff whenever I see "little brother" dooging. That's Cuog. Oregon is a different matter.

The second premise, I'm just pulling your dicks. WTF knows how Jimmy Ballz will turn out? Nobody, not even me.

And Miami will fix this thing soon enough and Oregon will be looking for another coach. Mercifully for the DAWGS!
    Why do you think Meatloaf Criscobaallz wants to coach in Atlantis? Do you know how hard it’s going to be to recruit blick kids to a school where they have to swim to class?
    Class?
    Good point.

Practice.
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

@DJDuck

The dumb w has been around since early 90s cause I remember doing it then.
  • Options

Emoterman said:

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

@DJDuck

The dumb w has been around since early 90s cause I remember doing it then.
    I disagree. I was there. It wasn't. Nobody did that. Ever. At. All.
  • Options

Emoterman said:

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

@DJDuck

I will not dignify this non-sense with a response.
  • Options

Emoterman said:

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

@DJDuck

As he responds...
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Emoterman said:

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

@DJDuck

As he responds...

• Options

Emoterman said:

@RaceBannon

@YellowSnow

@DJDuck

As he responds...

Ha ha ese. Miami is over.
  • Options
    MontlakeDonMontlakeDon Member Posts: 52
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

If Oregon hired Donovan and we hired Moorehead we’d be jizzing ourselves and laughing our asses off at the cucks. Donovan is going to be Jimmys fall man. Comparing Donovan to Moorehead or any other not retarded OC is laughable. Bunch of mouth breathing troglodyte doog faggots. Garbage hire and I’ll post about it every day until he’s fired. Literally NO penn state fan has a single positive thing to say about it him and he was an assistant for four years.

Bump. Does being bent over the table by 1 star high school chess team Montana losers change anyone’s mind about this?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If Oregon hired Donovan and we hired Moorehead we’d be jizzing ourselves and laughing our asses off at the cucks. Donovan is going to be Jimmys fall man. Comparing Donovan to Moorehead or any other not retarded OC is laughable. Bunch of mouth breathing troglodyte doog faggots. Garbage hire and I’ll post about it every day until he’s fired. Literally NO penn state fan has a single positive thing to say about it him and he was an assistant for four years.

Bump. Does being bent over the table by 1 star high school chess team Montana losers change anyone’s mind about this?
    You still think people were behind the Donovan hire?

Seriously?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Only two games in. Still lots of chess moves for Jimmy to make….