Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let the police handle it

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,904
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
Seems like a good thought if it worked. Too many times it doesn't. First, the police aren't everywhere. They call it the thin blue line. Because it is thin. Then this thin blue line needs to be backed up by a culture that wants a civil and peaceful society. Leftards don't. They want to believe in unicorns, smores and kumbaya campfires. I've called the police three times in my lifetime. I was told all three times there was nothing they could do until someone was hurt. I mentioned that that left me to take care of the problem. Of course, I was then told that would make me the problem. Catch 22. The confiscated "Trade"mark thread was I thought enlightening.

The clear facts are:

Zimmerman's community was being subjected to petty crime - break ins and theft. These crimes were being committed by non-Amish young males. The community formed a Neighborhood Watch. Zimmerman was part of the community and wanted to protect it. Trademark was a criminal thief. He should have been in jail but wasn't because dems thought that incarcerating young black male high school students for crime was counter-productive. Zimmerman was within his rights to follow Trademark. He called the police. They essentially, in this case like my own, said that they couldn't do anything. That left it up to the Neighborhood Watch. So, Zimmerman is "watching" the wannabe astronaut. Trademark went home, then stewed at being disrespected and then returned and approached Zimmerman. Which he was fully in his rights to do. Then he sucker punched Zimmerman. Which wasn't fully in his rights to do. Zimmerman went down and Trademark was going full MMA on the white hispanic. Unfortunately, for Trademark and fortunately for Zimmerman, he was carrying. Zimmerman feared for his life or serious personal injury and shot and killed Trademark. This was a clear case of self-defense and there were no initial charges brought. When actual charges were brought, Zimmerman was easily acquitted because he was innocent based the above facts which were brought out at trial.

The MSM after the killing seized on the case as a clear case of an innocent little black kid being "gunned down" in cold blood by a big white racist. Any of the above facts was either ignored or covered up. CNN made up the "fucking coons" story which went viral. Zimmerman was white. Then a white hispanic. Trademark was this little kid and had the broadcast pictures to prove it. He was a wannabe astronaut rather than the self-described "No limit Nigga". His criminal background was ignored. Initial network pictures of Zimmerman covered up his obvious head wounds. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point.

After all this time, it seems that the Trademark story opinion breaks down into three groups. On the left remains the meme that Zimmerman chased the little astronaut wannabe with a gun which he then used in cold blood to kill Trademark and is proud to ignore the actual facts. Then there is my group which deals with the hard facts as I've set out. Then there is the wannabe suburban mom crowd which desperately wants to believe in the inherent goodness of everyone. While not ignoring the actual facts, they want to believe that while in theory a Neighborhood Watch is a great thing, they should never carry an icky gun and they should never actually do anything until someone is actually hurt by a criminal or something is actually stolen. Ergo, Zimmerman is actually the bad man. Watching your neighborhood should not entail actually watching your neighborhood if a black male is involved. And definitely no icky guns.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I’ve called the sheriff over fireworks and they showed up every time. Every time.

But you live in Oregon where barely anything or anybody works. So I believe your story.

Hopefully someday you’ll get a chance to shoot somebody too.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Respect police. But also, you can do their job better. Pew pew.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    PS: many of those "clear facts" weren't, and aren't, clear facts. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point. That was the version as told by Zimmerman, the guy who was trying to keep his ass out of jail. Hey, no shame. I'd lie too to beat the rap. You have nothing to lose.

And the media did, in fact, ignore a 17-year old's record, much like you ignore the record of the shit stain whose every word you take as the gospel. I wonder why you focus on one, and not the other? Not very objective if you ask me. Hey, I hear George got his head slammed into the sidewalk 25 times!!! Cops on the scene thought he was exaggerating, but given Zimmerman's track record of 100% honesty, I don't know why they doubted him.

Lolz.

#thoseassholesalwaysgetaway
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PS: many of those "clear facts" weren't, and aren't, clear facts. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point. That was the version as told by Zimmerman, the guy who was trying to keep his ass out of jail. Hey, no shame. I'd lie too to beat the rap. You have nothing to lose.

And the media did, in fact, ignore a 17-year old's record, much like you ignore the record of the shit stain whose every word you take as the gospel. I wonder why you focus on one, and not the other? Not very objective if you ask me. Hey, I hear George got his head slammed into the sidewalk 25 times!!! Cops on the scene thought he was exaggerating, but given Zimmerman's track record of 100% honesty, I don't know why they doubted him.

Lolz.

Survivors get to tell their story.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Lolz.

Which of them weren't clear facts? Detail them for us.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    That's a tell when they ignore an honest discussion of the facts.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

Lolz.

Which ones weren’t “clear facts” CC? Lay them out for us.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Lolz.

Talk to the Japs about it.
    History is written by the survivors.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Creepy, the facts as I cited remain. I don't need to be a fan of Zimmerman to know that he was a community Night Watchman. He was legally armed and legally entitled to watch Trademark. He was sucker punched by Trademark. He did get his head slammed into the concrete. He was found not guilty. This is on Trademark.