Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake playing 3D Chess ... Mario never saw it coming

Jimmy, unbeknown to many, is a master manipulator and sage.

He knew if he hired Donovan, Mario would walk right into it and hire Moorehead ... just as a fuck you.

Well ... what Mario failed to recognize is the power of motivation.

Jimmy knows Donovan is going to be real fired up to prove he was wrongfully fired.

Oh yeah ... Oregon is BOOM ROASTED!

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I know you’re being sarcastic but still

DPOTD
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I see Cosco has a deal on bleach
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dannarc said:

I see Cusco has a deal on bleach

Peruano Pedro's Lavanderia Supply?!?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dannarc said:

*Costco
    No, Cosco. For when a pallet of bleach just ain't enough.

Yeah but Costco would have a deal on the bleach while Cosco would only have a deal on shipping the bleach.
    Plus Cosco bleach is tariffed to shit.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dannarc said:

*Costco
    No, Cosco. For when a pallet of bleach just ain't enough.

Yeah but Costco would have a deal on the bleach while Cosco would only have a deal on shipping the bleach.
    Plus Cosco bleach is tariffed to shit.
    Thanks, Drumpf
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would love Moorehead over Donovan, but he did have bad offenses at Miss State. He was still the most proven coordinator available. His Penn State offenses were really good, but he wasn’t a perfect candidate either.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I would love Moorehead over Donovan, but he did have bad offenses at Miss State. He was still the most proven coordinator available. His Penn State offenses were really good, but he wasn’t a perfect candidate either.

The Fiesta Bowl was in some ways the worst of the NY 6 losses because it was like playing Stanford where we were helpless to get off the field on third down. We could actually score on Penn State but it doesn't matter if you can't stop them

Thanks for the flashbacks, Race.

Fuck. That. Game.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Somebody else said it best

One week ago I had never heard of any of these guys. Who gives a shit

Well Moorehead engineered arguably our biggest defensive butt fucking since pre-2016, so it's a little relevant.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Barkley agreed.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I remember the penn st game as Barkley being really good and mcsorely scrambling around and and converting some 3rd and Longs. I could be Wrong but i don’t remember it being a scheme thing as much as a playmaker issue.

That being said his offenses were really good for a two year run and he would have been a great hire given the circumstances.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Moorehead killed us in that game because he got the ball to his extra large playmakers and they beat one v. one coverage. Other than one long run by Barkley I felt we plugged him up pretty good that day. If Jimmy asked Donovan in the interview, "here are the dudes we have coming up. How do you propose to get them the ball further than 12 yards down the field and how do you scheme it?" and Donovan gave him a simple, uncomplicated answer then this deserves to play out. That game plan in the Fiesta Bowl wasn't genius. We covered their stuff and Gieseki? made a play. We covered their stuff and McSorely runs for a first down. We hold Barkley to 17 carries for 45 yards, he breaks us off for 92. It's not hard. Great players make plays. Uw thinks they have great players now. Get them the ball and let's see.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Cristabol is stocking the shelves with fabulous talent.

So is Jimmy.

One of the two coordinators was the better higher.

Either way it should be interesting.