Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

So is basketball recruiting covered on this board at all?
    I'm wondering because a lot has been made of the 2021 class in the state of Washington for football, but the 2021 basketball class is also the best class Washington has had in a very long time.
    Just wondering what kind of chance the Huskies have at landing some of these guys.

We have basketball board this nonsense. Keep this garbage off the football recruiting board
    Ya well that's why I was asking because I wasn't sure if it was all on one board or if it was broken up. So get fucked
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

FireCohen said:

I'm wondering because a lot has been made of the 2021 class in the state of Washington for football, but the 2021 basketball class is also the best class Washington has had in a very long time.
    Just wondering what kind of chance the Huskies have at landing some of these guys.

We have basketball board this nonsense. Keep this garbage off the football recruiting board
    Ya well that's why I was asking because I wasn't sure if it was all on one board or if it was broken up. So get fucked
    you first
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

FireCohen said:

We do cover Lax recruiting here tho.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

We do cover Lax recruiting here tho.
    Let's go Rhynoooooo!
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Should we shut this bored down permanently or just until we start recruiting again?
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

@sonics1993 are you in agreement with Chester that being non-white should have been the top qualification for the OC and/or TE hire?

On a serious note

1- any other info on the GA "offer"? I'm assuming he's looking for a higher job than co defensive backs coach.

2- what do you know/think about Cato?

3- what % do you put as at for just Yary? (Not including Togiai)

- He wants to call plays and Jimmy isn’t screwing over Coach K for that
    - That he’s an analyst and apparently our new TE coach
    - 75% right now if it’s between us, UCLA and USC. If schools like ASU and Oregon jump in then that decreases.

So he’s leaving Cal then because he doesn’t call plays there either? And he gets paid shit.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

@WillyRBeek I disagree a bit here. Our offense is going to be shaky and shaky offenses don't travel well. I think we lose 3 games minimum and 5 games maximum. What's going to determine our success is Defense. It's one thing we can reliably expect to travel. I don't care if we lose the Michigan game as much as the importance of playing physical. If the message is sent that you have a dawgfight coming to your stadium when the boys show up I like our changes to go 2-2 during our road game conference stretch while the Offense jells for the last half of the season with a lot of home games.

You're absolutely correct about offenses not travelling as well as defenses, but thankfully for the Huskies, their first 3 games are in Seattle, and 2 of them they should win fairly easily as long as the offense isn't a complete horror show, so that should hopefully give the offense a bit of a chance to gel before hitting the road.
    On paper, from a standpoint of how they've recruited, the Huskies should be pretty good on the offensive side of the ball, but how those players have/will be developed, what the play calling is going to look like, how said players are going to be utilized, is all up in the air right now. Like I said, a lot of question marks.
    That 4 game road trip, against what should arguably be their 4 toughest conference opponents, is what's going to make or break this season for the Huskies.
    A lot of people were thinking the defense would acclimate over the first 4 games this year and look what happened. A big part of that was coaching with the choice to keep running *REDACTED* onto the field but there were lumps on development side too.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I think it’s a bit presumptuous to think that 9 new starters will “get it” in the first third of the season. I’m more of a “wait until the final month” before judging.

I remember getting our asses kicked by Nebraska only to rematch and kick their asses at seasons end. A lot changes over the season.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

We? are not a basketball school.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think it’s a bit presumptuous to think that 9 new starters will “get it” in the first third of the season. I’m more of a “wait until the final month” before judging.

I remember getting our asses kicked by Nebraska only to rematch and kick their asses at seasons end. A lot changes over the season.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your chinspirational story.... but classy Nebraska wanted no part in that follow-up Holiday Bowl.

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@sonics1993 are you in agreement with Chester that being non-white should have been the top qualification for the OC and/or TE hire?

On a serious note

1- any other info on the GA "offer"? I'm assuming he's looking for a higher job than co defensive backs coach.

- 75% right now if it’s between us, UCLA and USC. If schools like ASU and Oregon jump in then that decreases.

Under those conditions, fare thee well, GA, we didn’t want you anyway.
    Don’t know where the GA rumors started but it was never happening
    A myth has been perpetuated over the last few years that it is somehow GA's birthright to come "back" to UW and people got it in their head that he somehow has deep ties to UW. In reality, he was a GA here for one year and had been with a half dozen other teams (college and NFL) before taking the job at Cal. There is no reason for him to leave Cal for the same job at UW if he has higher aspirations than being a DB coach.

To answer the question though, I think Chest claimed in a podcast that he "was hearing" that GA was being hired.
    And Chest still thinks there's a chance GA comes here as LB coach/Co-DC
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

On a serious note

A myth has been perpetuated over the last few years that it is somehow GA's birthright to come "back" to UW and people got it in their head that he somehow has deep ties to UW. In reality, he was a GA here for one year and had been with a half dozen other teams (college and NFL) before taking the job at Cal. There is no reason for him to leave Cal for the same job at UW if he has higher aspirations than being a DB coach.

To answer the question though, I think Chest claimed in a podcast that he "was hearing" that GA was being hired.
    Chest is a doof
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,119
    Founders Club
    edited January 2020

On a serious note

Who tf is Chest?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

We? are not a basketball school.
    Waco & Baylor not looking so bad right now.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,119
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

On a serious note

Who tf is Chest?
    If you're not here to beat @HeretoBeatmyChest's chest you won't last long!

This is fucking amazing. Basically every state in our conference thinks UW will be better than USC in the next five years.

I have a feeling we are going to have to start hating Mora soon as UW-UCLA could be playing in a lot of championship games.

Yep...the worst thing about not getting Mora is that a competitor retains potentially the best coach in the conference.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

On a serious note

Who tf is Chest?
    If you're not here to beat @HeretoBeatmyChest's chest you won't last long!
    Ohh I am beating something, just not my chest and I am not lasting long