Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The only good thing about Lake to HC

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Is Kwat back to defensive coordinator.

Otherwise I don't understand handing it over to a guy who has two years experience as a coordinator and one of them (the most recent) was mediocre.

Sark 2.0
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dnc said:

Otherwise I don't understand handing it over to a guy who has two years experience as a coordinator and one of them (the most recent) was mediocre.

Fuck being right.
    dnc said:

Bump for @vadawg.

You’re late to the party.
    Siaosi Finau Bump
    edited February 2021

Disagree. Installing Lake is a no-brainer. It hopefully keeps the aspects of Petersen that made this program successful, and injects an energy that was holding it back.
    And I don't care if Lake has yet to prove himself as a defensive play caller. He doesn't need to do that anymore. We know he can build a defense, he can recruit like an animal, and he's a top-notch motivator in a profession where that quality is almost half the battle these days. I don't think anyone else on the staff has the potential to be an elite head coach besides Lake, and going outside of the program for a new-hire would be throwing out the baby with the bath water.

No-brainer is officially a step below a half-brainer.
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 583
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I don’t even blame Jimmy, he sucks, but he is what he is. I blame the AD, Jen is unredeemable loser for hiring him

dnc said:

Where was the program going with Peterson at the helm? He wasn't going to win many more championships with an improving Pac12. A change needed to be made and Lake is likely the best option right now. He gets his 2-3 years and if he avoids losing seasons then possibly more. Were you happy with the direction Peterson was going?

The fuck does this have to do with anything? Are you saying they forced Pete out?

Regardless, yes, I'd rather have Pete as HC than Lake. Obviously Pete doesn't want to do it anymore so c'est la vie. I'd rather do a real coaching search than hand it to over to the best guy on the staff. Our history of settling for the most convenient hire shows it almost never works except perhaps for when they hired Jenn. Though that one is now in doubt too.
    Doubting Cohens competence for a hire that hasn't had a chance to prove himself either way is fucking stupid considering her body of work so far.
    Didn't age well
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I get the idea that the best candidate likely doesn’t just happen to already be at UW.

But in the case of a mostly successful program there are strong considerations to maintaining the culture and continuity.

UW has the talent on the roster. UW doesn’t need an overhaul just a recharge. Lake can keep the best parts of CP’s program while also putting his own stamp on the program.

I think it’s worth rolling the dice on Lake instead of blowing it up.

This is definitely the pro Lake argument.

Hopefully it works out.
    Yep, that thinking I can dig.
    I just think it's optimistic to think "Lake can keep the best parts of Pete's program." We don't know that at all. Hopefully Kwat wants to coach here for another ten years. If that's the case this has a much better chance of working out. I'm not optimistic Lake has the stones to make a big time OC hire but if he does I'll be wishing I could delete this thread rather quickly. That would say a whole lot.
    Way under chinned if I do say so.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The internet is forever