Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NYT: Pentagon Amazed Trump Acted

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I find this rather amusing - the Pentagon gives the options to the Pres (and the previous ones) and the option of taking out top dog is only there to make the other options sound good. The times thinks the madmen running the military just want to do little things and "let's not go for the big guys as that is just too scary"?

"The options included strikes on Iranian ships or missile facilities or against Iranian-backed militia groups in Iraq. The Pentagon also tacked on the choice of targeting Soleimani, mainly to make other options seem reasonable."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-nw-nyt-trump-decision-to-kill-soleimani-20200105-we7fksvu25farhbbb2wkwv3zfm-story.html

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,276
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Incremental ism has worked so well.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If we just Qaddafi'd the leaders of these shitholes they'd quiet right down.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sledog said:

Libya is a failed state. Not sure that would do it.
  • Options

Sledog said:

They are all failed states. HTH
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

No. They’re not.

I realize watering everything down makes things easier for you, but try to keep things at the level of the higher discussion board that this is. Do it for Pup.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

No. They’re not.

I realize watering everything down makes things easier for you, but try to keep things at the level of the higher discussion board that this is. Do it for Pup.
    I fucking laffed.

#rideordie
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

No. They’re not.

The ones were talking about are.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

No. They’re not.

Iran isn’t a failed state. It’s a nightmare run by ghoulish religious assholes, but it is not a failed state. It’s a theocracy.

Is this too hard for you? We can just boil everything down to cops and robbers if that helps.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

No. They’re not.

Iran isn’t a failed state. It’s a nightmare run by ghoulish religious assholes, but it is not a failed state. It’s a theocracy.

Is this too hard for you? We can just boil everything down to cops and robbers if that helps.
    Everything involving politics usually does boil down to cops and robbers if that helps.