Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Roger Rosengarten, 2020 4* OL, Littleton (Valor Christian), CO (COMMITTED)

Comments

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Nice try on the positive spin. Needs to get his weight back up.

But have you seen his 40 time?!?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:
    That’s a different clip...yes, he got manhandled more than once...

He definitely redshirts next year to get his strength up.
    YRYK
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Wiltfong:

While Rosengarten may not be having the week he wants at the point of attack, struggling some in 1-on-1s (especially speed to power from the elite defensive ends), I still love his long-term projection. His feet are terrific, he can bend, and he has a frame with a lot of room for growth. I like him as a red-shirt guy before developing into one of the best offensive tackles in the country. He’s tough, long and most importantly athletic.

“He admittedly says his weight is down because of basketball but he feels he can easily put on the weight that Washington wants him to weigh when he gets there (280ish),” Huffman added. “He’s taken a number of reps and worked at both right and left tackle and looks more comfortable at right tackle.

The clips I saw showed him a bit light but also on his heels in his back pedal. He was knocked backward easily by powerful guys. Easily corrected. How many defensive ends like that has he ever faced in real games?

You can't teach his kind of quickness at his size though and his highlights show him destroying people on both offense and defense. I still think he's a top 3-4 guy in the class when all is said and done.
    Watt had amazing mobility but not great power. That issue still persists. So hope not a bad sign
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    Someone on twatter said he is playing basketball right now and has lost 25lbs.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

Wiltfong:

While Rosengarten may not be having the week he wants at the point of attack, struggling some in 1-on-1s (especially speed to power from the elite defensive ends), I still love his long-term projection. His feet are terrific, he can bend, and he has a frame with a lot of room for growth. I like him as a red-shirt guy before developing into one of the best offensive tackles in the country. He’s tough, long and most importantly athletic.

“He admittedly says his weight is down because of basketball but he feels he can easily put on the weight that Washington wants him to weigh when he gets there (280ish),” Huffman added. “He’s taken a number of reps and worked at both right and left tackle and looks more comfortable at right tackle.

The clips I saw showed him a bit light but also on his heels in his back pedal. He was knocked backward easily by powerful guys. Easily corrected. How many defensive ends like that has he ever faced in real games?

You can't teach his kind of quickness at his size though and his highlights show him destroying people on both offense and defense. I still think he's a top 3-4 guy in the class when all is said and done.
    Watt had amazing mobility but not great power. That issue still persists. So hope not a bad sign
    It’s not. Get him lifting and eating and it will be corrected. Worse case scenario he’s not a mailer and is a pulling guard with help inside. He’s still one of our best commits. All the tools are there.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

Wiltfong:

It’s not. Get him lifting and eating and it will be corrected. Worse case scenario he’s not a mailer and is a pulling guard with help inside. He’s still one of our best commits. All the tools are there.
    I'd imagine he's a RT who gets covered up on the strong side by a TE/HB.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

Wiltfong:

He's probably a good guy ... and a history of injury (so I hope that's a legit excuse) ... but watty appears to have had decent mobility, average athleticism and a giant pussy.

That, or he needed old skool supplements to reach his potential.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm not worried at all. I don't expect Rosie to contribute until RSSO year. Should be fine.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Another thing to remember is that the guys Rosey is going against are top prospects. These are some of the best players in the country. I would imagine he would look pretty damn gold against the majority of kids that are going to play D-1 CFB.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    watty moves very well, he just get overpowered or can't move people. Maybe the injuries took the toll on him, but I thought he would be really good by now, but he has not improved that much from last year.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Another thing to remember is that the guys Rosey is going against are top prospects. These are some of the best players in the country. I would imagine he would look pretty damn gold against the majority of kids that are going to play D-1 CFB.

This, and William Anderson literally ate up everyone he went this week. Destroyed all he faced.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    i am very bullish on Rosengarten. He has a meanness that you can't teach. I actually think these moments when he gets pushed around by bigger guys is good for him.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Redman wasn't the only Husky that got one over on a future Duck. Left tackle Roger Rosengarten took defensive lineman Maceal Afaese down and pushed him to the ground as Afaese was trying to get around the corner during 1-1's.